O'Reilly On Letterman

Firearms related political discussion forum

O'Reilly On Letterman

Postby Back In Black on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:39 pm

Very disappointed in what Bill O'Reilly had to say about guns on Letterman tonight. Anyone catch it?

Supports gun registration and States right to ban semi-auto rifles. Has no problem with what NY did but feels he should be allowed to own an AR to protect his family because he lives in an area in Texas where there is a lot of drug traffic. Pinhead.
Keith
Back In Black

Re: O'Reilly On Letterman

Postby BemidjiDweller on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:42 am

I saw it, and too was disappointed. That's no surprise though, it is Letterman after all. Only reason I ever watch the end of that show is to not miss any of Craig Ferguson.
BemidjiDweller

Postby rugersol on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:17 am

Seems to me, I heard O'Reilly voice similar opinions, years ago, on his own show!
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

O'Reilly On Letterman

Postby jshuberg on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:09 am

O'Reilly is a traditionalist, not a conservative.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby damian_mb on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:18 am

Wait so he supports the ban but yet "feels" that he should be able to own one......

Talk about a dumb***, I want to drink what is he's drinking!

These celebrities need to stop talking, they just make my head hurt!
"It can never happen in Amurika"
damian_mb

Postby BigBlue on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:06 pm

What he said was that he supports states' rights to enact a ban if they feel it is in the best interest of their situation. He used the example that the state of NY had more reason to enact a ban (i.e. due to population density), but that TX would likely not due to his perceived 'need' for AR style rifles for protection "from drug runners crossing the border". I don't agree with any ban, but this is the context that he said things in.

BB
BigBlue

Postby White Horseradish on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:23 pm

Why are you disappointed? Whatever made you expect something different?
"I have come to kick a** and chew bubblegum." <racks shotgun> "And I'm all out of bubblegum."

--John Nada, "They Live"
White Horseradish

Postby American Capitalist on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:47 pm

O'Reilly is a tool. He claims to support the Republican party but clearly just supports his personal beliefs. Glenn Beck is the only big name that (was) in Fox News and is pro-gun.
American Capitalist

Postby White Horseradish on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:17 pm

American Capitalist wrote:O'Reilly is a tool. He claims to support the Republican party but clearly just supports his personal beliefs.

Republicans are not universally pro-gun. Even if you just think of the presidents, George W. Bush oversaw the tightening of import restrictions (that's why there are no cheap kits any more), George H. Bush quit the NRA in a public tizzy, Reagan signed the machine gun ban and a bunch of gun control while governor of CA, and then lobbied for AWB post-presidency.

So, O'Reilly supporting Republicans and being anti-gun is not particularly surprising.
"I have come to kick a** and chew bubblegum." <racks shotgun> "And I'm all out of bubblegum."

--John Nada, "They Live"
White Horseradish

Postby Back In Black on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:41 pm

White Horseradish wrote:Why are you disappointed? Whatever made you expect something different?

I watched his show when I could. Once I got passed his pompousness and arrogance I thought it was a pretty good show. If he ever stated his gun views on his show I obviously missed it. I guess I'm disappointed because I agreed with most if not all of his views on the the subjects he brought up on the show. And therefore made the incorrect assumption that he was "on my side". Turns out he's just another pinhead.
Keith
Back In Black

Postby texasprowler on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:20 pm

I hear him every day since Newtown. He routinely throws out opinions like federalize gun crimes, or make it a felony to cross state lines with a gun. As I do that every day, don't know why he thinks I should go to prison.

He is clearly a New Yorker, not a Texan, therefore has no clue about guns.
texasprowler

Postby fabb600 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Chris Wallace (host of Fox News Sunday) referred to a Glock 19 and a Sig 226 as "weapons of mass destruction". Few (if any) of the New York and Washington elites have any clue what the majority of the Americans think or value. Well, other than what the latest political poll indicates...
fabb600

Postby jshuberg on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:23 pm

What a **** tool.

Anytime someone presumes to know better than you how you should live your life, or what you should be allowed to own, they need to be shut down hard.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby s4s4u on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:51 pm

he should be allowed to own an AR to protect his family because he lives in an area in Texas where there is a lot of drug traffic

He said that? I guess our rural meth labs must not be as sophisticated as those in the longhorn state? I don't give 2 s#!ts for any of the "talkies" and he just went from not worth 2 s#!ts to not worth s#!t.
Know guns, Know peace, Know safety.
No guns, No peace, No safety. NRA
s4s4u

Return to Politics