My Correspondence With The Chaska Police Department

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: My Correspondence With The Chaska Police Department

Postby Paul on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:41 pm

DoxaPar wrote:
...but please note this is a moderated..

Moderated = We will delete whatever we want.

Pretty much. Anything that makes us look bad or we don't agree with.
Paul

Postby rtk on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:29 pm

Good job Paul! You da bomb! ;)
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby farmerj on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:05 pm

The purpose of the second is to protect the first.

And they seen to care for the first as much as the second.
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby grousemaster on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:08 pm

Thank you Paul!!! You are a hero to us Chaska folks. Due to my parents having public positions in Chaska, I have to tone down a bit to keep the friction down (my mom has to work with Chief Knight somewhat regularly)....these questions NEED to be asked!!!!
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Paul on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:10 pm

Thanks... I haven't received a reply to my second e-mail, but I don't plan to let the issue drop. On my second e-mail I again copied the mayor and city council. Also Chief Knight this time.
Paul

Postby farmerj on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:13 pm

I will have to search it out, but isn't it in the public records laws from the state, social media are not able to filter things like that.

Basically, in censorship
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby Paul on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:17 pm

farmerj wrote:I will have to search it out, but isn't it in the public records laws from the state, social media are not able to filter things like that.

Basically, in censorship

I thought that too and have been checking into it. Any insight would be appreciated.
Paul

Postby gp55445 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:38 pm

He needs to review Constitutional Law again. Apparently that isn't covered in Police Chief's school...
gp55445

Postby Snakeman721 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:04 pm

gp55445 wrote:He needs to review Constitutional Law again. Apparently that isn't covered in Police Chief's school...

HA! I'm currently in a legal battle with the city of Coon Rapids over an unrelated matter. My attorney called the City on a meeting that the City proposed to "discuss" the matter. My attorney relayed to me that the City considers our defense based on Constitutional law "moot". Like my attorney said..."Since when is the Constitution "moot"? I swear, a whole lot of cities consider themselves above the law and especially above the Constitution...as if the Constitution is a Federal matter and cities can do what they please. Unbelievable!! At least in the Heller and McDonald cases in D.C and Chicago, the courts RULED that yes, indeed...cities ARE to follow the Constitution!
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby farmerj on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:23 pm

Paul wrote:
farmerj wrote:I will have to search it out, but isn't it in the public records laws from the state, social media are not able to filter things like that.

Basically, in censorship

I thought that too and have been checking into it. Any insight would be appreciated.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=13.03

13.03 ACCESS TO GOVERNMENT DATA.
Subdivision 1.Public data. All government data collected, created, received, maintained or disseminated by a government entity shall be public unless classified by statute, or temporary classification pursuant to section 13.06, or federal law, as nonpublic or protected nonpublic, or with respect to data on individuals, as private or confidential. The responsible authority in every government entity shall keep records containing government data in such an arrangement and condition as to make them easily accessible for convenient use. Photographic, photostatic, microphotographic, or microfilmed records shall be considered as accessible for convenient use regardless of the size of such records.

I got into a similar pissin' match with a PAO officer on the MPD facebook page. Whatn I presented this and some other stuff, suddenly, I was dealing with a different officer and things were no longer disappearing.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Postby farmerj on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:29 pm

check this out...

http://www.metrocouncil.org/about/Socia ... tement.htm

They are really pushing the limits by deleting stuff off of facebook.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Postby Nalez on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:25 pm

Going to farmerj's comment - you could put in a request for any communications, electronic or otherwise in regards to your facebook post.

If the administrator sent a e-mail to the police chief before it was deleted, and he said delete it - that is public information covered under chapter 13.
Nalez

Postby Paul on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:48 am

Thanks guys for the input and farmerj for the links. I'm going to give it at least a couple business days, then make one last attempt to get an answer from Chief Knight. I'll figure out the next step depending on his response (likely I won't get one) or based on his lack of response.

I'll keep you updated!
Paul

Postby greenfarmer on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:11 am

Was at the local sportsmans club meeting last night, and after the meeting i was talking with one of the members who is a police officer in Glencoe, and it was quite an interesting chat we had. He said the police chief in Glencoe, and the McLeod county sheriff won't comment on any ban. They won't even say which way they lean towards to their peers. But he did say, that the sheriff said that the sheriff of said county might actually have more control over a federal agent. And that if anything would pass, it's up to the sheriff department to decide if they want to confiscate guns, or not. Or if they would even allow a federal agent into the county to do that. I guess that is something the sheriff has been looking into according to him. Which if the sheriff is looking into it, i'm guessing that's an indication that the sheriff wants nothing to do with a gun ban.

The police officer i talked to said... "We don't have a gun problem out here, we don't have a magazine problem. We have a people problem." he also told me that he has more "AR mags, that are preban than most people need to know about" Which gave me a good chuckle. I even tried to buy them off of him!

I told him i think we could somehow use a stronger background check, or maybe something in place at gun shows. He felt gun shows do need something, but he said how to do you strengthen a background check? That doesn't really stop bad people from getting guns. A person that is a little wacko can still pass the background check because he never broke a law. But he might have intentions to break some in the future. He said the hard part is, the illegal guns that come here. They can't stop that or regulate that. Because we have Seneca foods here in glencoe, there's alot of migrant workers here. Every summer they come up in boat loads, and he said how do you stop them from bringing in illegal guns? you just can't. There's no telling where they picked something up and what they picked up on their way here from south of the border. That's the scary part he said. WHich i totally agree with.
greenfarmer

Location: kinda by the SW Metro, but a little further out in the sticks.

Postby bigbob on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:50 pm

Hi Paul Bob down here in AZ. I lived up in MN for 62 yrs and unlike our police force here, I am sure the boys in blue are trying to be POLITICALLY CORRECT to please the gov boys. Think of AZ, it is NICE down here for body & mind. I sure as heck like it, I sell my firearms, FFL, with no problems, go 3 miles north and can shoot WHATEVER I PLEASE, WHEN I PLEASE. As you probably have read in the news, OUR sheriff, Joe, is 100% on the 2nd ammendment side and he just bought ALL his officers NEW AR-15's. Well, to make a long story short I posted your problem on the national Ruger forum and the National Smith & Wesson forum also. Lets see if, hopefully 1000 e-mails will make their position known at this Chaska police dept. What happens in MINN makes a difference to ALL of us Bob
bigbob

PreviousNext

Return to Politics