Olympic firearms response to New York state

Firearms related political discussion forum

Postby sansooshooter on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:07 am

Olympic Arms, Inc.
Press Release: Olympic Arms, Inc. Announces New York State Sales Policy

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Olympic Arms is a staunch believer in and defender of the Constitution of the United States, and with special attention paid to the Bill of Rights that succinctly enumerates the security of our Divinely given Rights. One of those Rights is that to Keep and Bear Arms.

Legislation recently passed in the State of New York outlaws the AR15 and many other firearms, and will make it illegal for the good and free citizens of New York to own a large selection of legal and safe firearms and magazines. We feel as though the passage of this legislation exceeds the authority granted to the government of New York by its citizens, and violates the Constitution of the United States, ignoring such SCOTUS rulings as District of Columbia v. Heller - 554, U.S. 570 of 2008, McDonald v. Chicago - 561 U.S. 3025 of 2010, and specifically the case of United States v. Miller – 307 U.S. 174 of 1939.

Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity - will no longer be served as customers.

In short, Olympic Arms will no longer be doing business with the State of New York or any governmental entity or employee of such governmental entity within the State of New York - henceforth and until such legislation is repealed, and an apology made to the good people of the State of New York and the American people.

If the leaders of the State of New York are willing to limit the right of the free and law abiding citizens of New York to arm themselves as they see fit under the Rights enumerate to all citizens of the United State through the Second Amendment, we feel as though the legislators and government entities within the State of New York should have to abide by the same restrictions.

This action has caused a division of the people into classes: Those the government deems valuable enough to protect with modern firearms, and those whose lives have been deemed as having less value, and whom the government has decided do not deserve the right to protect themselves with the same firearms. Olympic Arms will not support such behavior or policy against any citizen of this great nation.

Olympic Arms invites all firearms manufacturers, distributors and firearms dealers to join us in this action to refuse to do business with the State of New York. We must stand together, or we shall surely fall divided.

Sincerely,

Brian Schuetz
President
Olympic Arms, Inc.
Yesterday at 8:21am · · Remove · Report
sansooshooter

Re: Olympic firearms response to New York state

Postby Paul on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:43 am

While I'm happy to see another company take this position... How many government agencies are actually using Olympic Arms products?
Paul

Postby Synergy on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:01 am

Now if only all gun and ammunition manufactures would take that stand we might get somewhere.
Synergy

Postby oneunder on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:08 am

Paul wrote:While I'm happy to see another company take this position... How many government agencies are actually using Olympic Arms products?

Maybe not a lot, but there must be some for him to write a letter.
oneunder

Postby Paul on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:11 am

oneunder wrote:
Paul wrote:While I'm happy to see another company take this position... How many government agencies are actually using Olympic Arms products?

Or he just wants some attention to his company and props from the gun community for sticking it to the man.
Paul

Postby JJ on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:20 am

Riding LaRue's coat tails...
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby sansooshooter on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:24 am

Paul wrote:
oneunder wrote:

Or he just wants some attention to his company and props from the gun community for sticking it to the man.

Either way this is a ballsy move as the Obumma and friends do not forget anyone who goes against their vision of Government.
Why do you think Obumma is trying to pass his gun control thru states that are lefty leaning?
Because he will use state gun control success to push the rest of the country to go along. We will be listed in speeches as forward thinking leaders in a gun free
Utopian society.
sansooshooter

Postby oneunder on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:24 am

Paul wrote:
oneunder wrote:

I would like to think that he is being honest in this, and not trying to use the fear mongering and current political climate like that. But, I could (and probably am) wrong.
oneunder

Postby Paul on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:47 am

oneunder wrote:I would like to think that he is being honest in this, and not trying to use the fear mongering and current political climate like that. But, I could (and probably am) wrong.

I'm not implying that he is being dishonest in his stated intentions to not do business with government entities in New York, just that it will have little to no impact.
Paul

Postby Hmac on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:48 am

I'm not sure how much that matters. Quality issues aside, their sales volume across the country makes them a player to be considered. I perceive that, as a statement, it's value rests on perception rather than actual practical impact on any agencies in the State of New York. The news story could rightfully have the headline "Another Major Manufacturer of Modern Sporting Rifles Refuses to do Business with Law Enforcement Agencies in the State of New York". Just a little added public pressure. Every little bit helps.
Hmac

Postby Paul on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:59 am

Hmac wrote:

I'm not sure how much that matters. Quality issues aside, their sales volume across the country makes them a player to be considered. I perceive that, as a statement, it's value rests on perception rather than actual practical impact on any agencies in the State of New York. The news story could rightfully have the headline "Another Major Manufacturer of Modern Sporting Rifles Refuses to do Business with Law Enforcement Agencies in the State of New York". Just a little added public pressure. Every little bit helps.

True enough... I just compare it to folks here that get outraged when a business they have never heard of or frequented posts a guns banned. They won't be shopping there! Well if you weren't a customer in the first place, they aren't losing any business. No impact.
Paul

Postby Thunder71 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:02 am

Need every company who pulled out of the recent big gun show to follow suit.

Magpul, Eotech, Trijicon, etc

Posted from Tapatalk on my Galaxy Note II while using the restroom.
Thunder71

Postby wrench on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:32 am

I don't care whether it's symbolic or not, I appreciate the guy getting up there and saying what he thinks.
Especially this line...
This action has caused a division of the people into classes: Those the government deems valuable enough to protect with modern firearms, and those whose lives have been deemed as having less value, and whom the government has decided do not deserve the right to protect themselves with the same firearms.

I'm going to use that.
Remember, gun control is not about guns, it's about control.
wrench

Postby kollector03 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:48 am

Thunder71 wrote:Need every company who pulled out of the recent big gun show to follow suit.

Magpul, Eotech, Trijicon, etc

Posted from Tapatalk on my Galaxy Note II while using the restroom.

Imagine NYPD getting turned down by Glock to when the want to procure addl pistols and mags. Or By Federal stating no thanks to an ammunition order. That would send a message and even better may cause Bloomberg some discomfort which is always a good thing.
kollector03

Postby ZardozCZ on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:52 am

If only ATK had this policy!
ZardozCZ

Next

Return to Politics