Heather Martens = Lobbyist for HF241

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Heather Martens = Lobbyist for HF241

Postby grousemaster on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:54 am

XDM45 wrote:
grousemaster wrote:Hence, the multi paragraph explanations....

Explaining one's reasoning or opinion does not equate to letting things get to me.

ok. I have a hard time wrapping my head around this though.

Say you're in a dark parking ramp and spot Diane Feinstein herself being beaten and raped....no one else around. You're really just going to let it go because of her politics?
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby tman on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:03 pm

XDM45 wrote:
optimusglen wrote:By defending someone who is anti-gun, you can possibly show them the benefits of the 2nd amendment.

By not defending someone who is anti-gun, you fuel others who are anti-gun.

...and you can also open yourself up to be a test case, suffer litigation of both criminal and civil courts, etc. It's just not worth it to me to risk that unless it's myself or my family. You could catch some pedo with a kid in the act and pop him in the head and the media would STILL vilify you. It's sad, but we live in a litigious society and what's legal isn't always just; and what's just isn't always legal.

There's also the fact that even if you don't go to prison, don't have any criminal or civil charges against you, even if the media didn't portray you as a monster, even if everyone didn't look at you funny or not hire you, or any of the negatives that go along with pulling that trigger; you're still a different person after the fact and there's no escaping that. It changes you when you take a life. I'm just not willing to take that on for someone that isn't myself or immediate family. I'm just being honest about it. I certainly wouldn't expect you or anyone else to defend me either, so that's fair.

I do believe that people need to be responsible for themselves in all areas, not just with protecting their life, but with money/finances/investing, driving, everything in every area. It's not Heather's (or anyone else's) politics which would prevent me from defending them, but rather the things above. Anti-gun people are basically saying "We are sheep!! Come fleece us!" Same as that person who posts on facebook "Like omfg. We're going to Cancun for 2 weeks!!" only to come home and find their house robbed. They set themselves up to be victims. They don't invite it, but they don't do anything to stop or prevent it either.

If someone isn't going to take responsibility for their own life, why should I? (Family is the exception to the rule - but I'm working on getting as many of them armed and trained as well.)

Your reasoning doesn't back up your initial statement.

Your "every man for himself" attitude frankly sucks.
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby Mn01r6 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:06 pm

He does let things get to him, he just doesn't want to admit it most of the time. On the topic of not wanting to admit something, I am sure he regrets saying he would not help an anti because he realizes now that by trying to be righteously indignant, he actually said he would deliberately choose not to be a good Samaritan, something that goes against the ethical and moral principles of just about everyone this side of sociopathy.
Mn01r6

Postby sansooshooter on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:08 pm

grousemaster wrote:
XDM45 wrote:
grousemaster wrote:Hence, the multi paragraph explanations....

Explaining one's reasoning or opinion does not equate to letting things get to me.

Say you're in a dark parking ramp and spot Diane Feinstein herself being beaten and raped....no one else around. You're really just going to let it go because of her politics?

Well with Diane F I would have to flip a coin. Hell she might not want help from a lowly commoner like myself.
sansooshooter

Postby Hmac on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:11 pm

sansooshooter wrote:
grousemaster wrote:

Well with Diane F I would have to flip a coin. Hell she might not want help from a lowly commoner like myself.

At one time (not sure if still true), Diane Feinstein had a carry permit. She might not need your help.
Hmac

Postby XDM45 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:12 pm

Mn01r6 wrote:He does let things get to him, he just doesn't want to admit it most of the time. On the topic of not wanting to admit something, I am sure he regrets saying he would not help an anti because he realizes now that by trying to be righteously indignant, he actually said he would deliberately choose not to be a good Samaritan, something that goes against the ethical and moral principles of just about everyone this side of sociopathy.

Feel free to put your own a-- on the line for a stranger, I won't. Nothing sociopathic about it. Also, morals and ethics are subjective. Not all share the same of these. Do I regret anything I've said? Nope. Neither does it get to me. You can think it does if that makes you feel better, but it really doesn't bother me at all.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby damian_mb on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:13 pm

sansooshooter wrote:Well with Diane F I would have to flip a coin. Hell she might not want help from a lowly commoner like myself.

lol! Or would probably turn around and say you made the situation worse by stopping her from being raped since she's looks like a troll that would never get any on a normal night. Not really rape when she says yes.
"It can never happen in Amurika"
damian_mb

Postby sansooshooter on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:18 pm

damian_mb wrote:
sansooshooter wrote:Well with Diane F I would have to flip a coin. Hell she might not want help from a lowly commoner like myself.

lol! Or would probably turn around and say you made the situation worse by stopping her from being raped since she's looks like a troll that would never get any on a normal night. Not really rape when she says yes.

That made me really lol.
I do believe she carries and that my friends is the height of her hypocrisy!
She has need that us lesser people don't . She is after all part of the ruling class.
sansooshooter

Postby Mn01r6 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:27 pm

XDM45 wrote:Feel free to put your own a-- on the line for a stranger, I won't. Nothing sociopathic about it. Also, morals and ethics are subjective. Not all share the same of these. Do I regret anything I've said? Nope. Neither does it get to me. You can think it does if that makes you feel better, but it really doesn't bother me at all.

You didn't say stranger, you said anti-gunner:

Trying to change what you said looks an awful lot like you regretting what you said.
Mn01r6

Postby XDM45 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:36 pm

Mn01r6 wrote:
XDM45 wrote:Feel free to put your own a-- on the line for a stranger, I won't. Nothing sociopathic about it. Also, morals and ethics are subjective. Not all share the same of these. Do I regret anything I've said? Nope. Neither does it get to me. You can think it does if that makes you feel better, but it really doesn't bother me at all.

Trying to change what you said looks an awful lot like you regretting what you said.

I should have clarified myself better. My fault.

Stranger = no defend whether pro or anti-gun.
Family = defend whether pro or anti-gun.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby 45xdacp on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:42 pm

I find it slightly funny but also saddening to see another topic about someone attacking our 2nd amendment rights and 1 page in it turns to fighting each other, we as 2A supporters need to realize we can have different opninon's without using the lame "you make us look bad " phrase that so many like to use. It would be great to see us work together to educate our "side" if you will, instead of tearing each other down if we disagree on things.

Good luck to us all and hope to see you on the 21st

* http://www.mnguntalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=39611*
45xdacp

Postby Thunder71 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Edit

Never mind, I don't feel like going down the 'who was your instructor' path. :D
Last edited by Thunder71 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thunder71

Postby bstrawse on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:45 pm

Guys - GUYS -- the enemy is over THERE. We are over here.

Now is not the time to be eating our young with so many anti-gun proposals going on.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby grousemaster on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:57 pm

XDM45 wrote:
Mn01r6 wrote:

I should have clarified myself better. My fault.

Stranger = no defend whether pro or anti-gun.
Family = defend whether pro or anti-gun.

These two statements are unrelated to your original one.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Thunder71 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:59 pm

Who gives 2 *******, let's move on already.
Thunder71

PreviousNext

Return to Politics