Minneapolis not issuing purchase permits

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Minneapolis not issuing purchase permits

Postby Pat on Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:59 pm

At this point, you don't really have much to lose.

Give the chief's office a call tomorrow, and ask his assistant to please schedule five minutes with the chief, or with one of the deputy chiefs. Be respectful, and tell them that you are just stuck and would be really grateful for their help.

The office of the chief is very political, and so I would expect some positive response.
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Postby BRIT_in_the_weeds on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:54 pm

The delay equals ********

Mods..........I'm English, never in a million years would I ever say "BULLCRAP"

If bypassing the filter DELIBERATELY breaks rule 1. 2, 3, 4, or one not even thought of...........so be it!!

But I strongly object to the filters in use, using a different language, to what I'm using

Qyall
Last edited by jac714 on Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Bypass of Profanity filter removed by Mod
Far better it is to dare mighty things...than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat
T.Roosevelt 1899

Just me and the designated settee, in the weeds.8-)
Thread-F.U master Brit Pei Ying
1/ICC ;-) .1/ICC II.;-)
BRIT_in_the_weeds

Postby Pat on Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:12 am

BRIT_in_the_weeds wrote:The delay equals bullcrap

Mods..........I'm English, never in a million years would I ever say "BULLCRAP"

If bypassing the filter DELIBERATELY breaks rule 1. 2, 3, 4, or one not even thought of...........so be it!!

But I strongly object to the filters in use, using a different language, to what I'm using

Qyall

Toro(Esp) *****(Fr)...?
Last edited by jac714 on Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Foreign profanity removed by mod
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Postby ttousi on Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:22 am

Enough...........the post has been reported several times and has been dealt with. Thanks
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby justaguy on Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:33 am

Thank god something was done with this blatant disregard for the 4 rules. I was terribly offended that the mods let this anarchy go on as long as it did. Even after I reported it. Foreign languages, foreign profanity, offending a foreigner, cops breaking the law. This can not be tolerated. I think all these mods should be canned and we vote the new mods in with the new “Vote on Everything” section. It’s only fair.

jgalt sorry that we are so offensive.
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Postby jgalt on Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:45 am

justaguy wrote:jgalt sorry that we are so offensive.

Hey, I wouldn't be here if you guys were any other way...
jgalt

Postby hammAR on Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:10 am

justaguy wrote:Thank god something was done with this blatant disregard for the 4 rules. I was terribly offended that the mods let this anarchy go on as long as it did. Even after I reported it. Foreign languages, foreign profanity, offending a foreigner, cops breaking the law. This can not be tolerated. I think all these mods should be canned and we vote the new mods in with the new “Vote on Everything” section. It’s only fair.

At least HE showed up at Alarys............and we were not offended that you DID NOT.............. :?

All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby justaguy on Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:42 am

hammAR wrote:
justaguy wrote:Thank god something was done with this blatant disregard for the 4 rules. I was terribly offended that the mods let this anarchy go on as long as it did. Even after I reported it. Foreign languages, foreign profanity, offending a foreigner, cops breaking the law. This can not be tolerated. I think all these mods should be canned and we vote the new mods in with the new “Vote on Everything” section. It’s only fair.

At least HE showed up at Alarys............and we were not offended that you DID NOT.............. :?

Hamster,
I had to report this post due to the fact that it is thread drift and that is something that isn’t allowed here anymore. Too many complaints about thread drift. I hope the mods will contact you and correct what seems to be an on going problem for you. Your Alzhammers is no excuse for this repeated violation of order here. I hope in the future you adhere to the rules and no one will be offended any more. It is the goals of MNguntalk to offended no one and make life fair for everyone. Oblama in 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mods feel free to use any part of that in correcting the wrongs of one Mr. Grungy Hamster Esq.
Last edited by justaguy on Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
WWTNSTKBLD
justaguy

Postby hammAR on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:44 am

It was not intended as thread drift, therefore, I will also have to report you post as a personal attack as it is really more on the order of a drive-by....
and IF you refer to me one more time as Hamster, I will carry enough water to waterboard you for a week..............

.....getting to like that drive-by SOP............. :twisted:

hammAR

Postby justaguy on Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:55 am

Well apparently you can’t use bad words, personal attacks, use a different language, or thread drift but you can threaten to waderboard someone for a week. Doesn’t seem right. We should vote on it.
WWTNSTKBLD
justaguy

Postby hammAR on Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:09 pm

justaguy wrote:Doesn’t seem right. We should vote on it.

Fine, we will use Judge Roy Bean's method of voting................Judge Roy Bean:
Trust in my judgment of the book. Besides, you're gonna hang no matter what it says in there, 'cause I am the law, and the law is the handmaiden of justice. Get a rope.

hammAR

Postby Vlad on Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:37 pm

Fine, we will use Judge Roy Bean's method of voting................Judge Roy Bean:
Trust in my judgment of the book. Besides, you're gonna hang no matter what it says in there, 'cause I am the law, and the law is the handmaiden of justice. Get a rope.

.[/quote]

+1! Besides, think of all the stuff we will get!
http://www.Schleifleather.com For custom holsters that fit you and the gun, not to mention show off those Strad grips...

The cost of liberty is less than the price of repression."

--W.E.B. Du Bois,
American scholar and civil rights leader
Vlad

Postby jgalt on Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:28 pm

Well, the whole issue of how long my Permit to Purchase is taking has now been rendered purely academic. My carry permit arrived in the mail today, so the city of St. Paul can take their own damn time figuring out what Ramsey County took less than 12 days to determine... :twisted:

So consider my thread-jacking to be complete - sorry 'bout that!

(And FYI - I applied for the permit on Monday morning, 8/11. 12 days including mail delivery!)
jgalt

Postby hammAR on Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:47 pm

jgalt wrote:(And FYI - I applied for the permit on Monday morning, 8/11. 12 days including mail delivery!)

12 days-congratulations............Impressive for a guy that admitted to living in Berkley, you must be Sheriff friendly................ :rotf:

hammAR

Postby jgalt on Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:50 pm

hammAR wrote:
jgalt wrote:(And FYI - I applied for the permit on Monday morning, 8/11. 12 days including mail delivery!)

12 days-congratulations............Impressive for a guy that admitted to living in Berkley, you must be Sheriff friendly................ :rotf:

Well heck - what's not to like, eh? I'm a very nice, trustworthy, responsible guy - just ask me, I'll tell ya'! 8-)
jgalt

PreviousNext

Return to Politics