Officials guilty in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Officials guilty in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud

Postby oldhunter on Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:31 pm

No ID to vote, but yet when I go to the eye doctor they tell me to bring my medicare card, my supplemental insurance card and a photo ID. All so when I went to get laser surgery on my eye the surgery center wanted the same. When I asked about it, the reason was all the fraud going on in medicare. So us old duffers have to have a photo ID to go to a doctor, but we can't seem to find one to vote? When one of the illegals was interviewed on the radio and asked who he was going to vote for? Who do you think he said? Romney? Now in Minnesota they are even going to let illegals get drivers licenses.
oldhunter

Postby infidel on Wed May 01, 2013 12:06 am

Pink Ponies endorse voter fraud. They will offer no alternative to citizen verification. They will allow incentives for illegal entry and illegal voting to be ignored, as long as it is in it's favor. Pink Ponies will claim disenfranchisement, while allowing people from other countries to offset your vote. A true hypocrite. Well done playa ponies.
“If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.” - John Ashley

Disclaimer: Do not assume from this post, that I either agree or disagree with any other issue brought up in this thread.
infidel

Postby Li'l Beaver on Wed May 01, 2013 8:20 pm

While we are debating the "Voter ID Act" Let me ask how many legal citizens DO NOT have some sort of photo ID? It is nearly impossible to do many daily tasks without producing a photo ID. Cashing a check, buying alcoholic beverages, buying tobacco products, securing a loan for a house or vehicle, going to the doctor, being admitted to the hospital, being issued a business license, or simply driving a vehicle most of these require a government issued photo ID!

While I have the "Soap Box" I will state that I personally feel that we need to severely limit the "Absentee Ballots" too, if a person is to dammed lazy to go to the polls to cast their vote they are probably to lazy to take the time to become familiar enough with the issues to cast a meaningful ballot in the first place! I will say that in nearly seventy years of voting in every election there were less than half a dozen times I had to spend over twenty minutes waiting to cast my votes. Having said this I will agree that if a person is in the hospital, confined to home for medical or physical reasons, elderly enough that they cannot get out to the polls, overseas in the military service or out of their local area due to work requirements I would be willing to grant them an "Absentee Ballot".
Li'l Beaver

Postby Heffay on Wed May 01, 2013 8:32 pm

Li'l Beaver wrote:While we are debating the "Voter ID Act" Let me ask how many legal citizens DO NOT have some sort of photo ID?

According to Pennsylvania, the answer is in the hundreds of thousands.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby jshuberg on Wed May 01, 2013 8:43 pm

I agree with your opinion on absentee ballots, and also early voting in general. It eliminates the election judge and the poll observer from the election process, thereby making election fraud that much more possible. Where Republicans attempt to minimize election fraud (albeit for selfish purposes), the Democrats attempt to remove those few barriers that act as a obstacle to voter fraud, under the guise of increasing convenience. It's just plain out disgusting.
Last edited by jshuberg on Wed May 01, 2013 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby jshuberg on Wed May 01, 2013 8:48 pm

Heffay wrote:According to Pennsylvania, the answer is in the hundreds of thousands.

Pennsylvania is a place, not a person. It doesn't have answers or opinions. If you meant to say that a person that holds an office or appointment in Pennsylvania, and who has a political self interest in producing an outrageously inflated number did so, then I would agree with you.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby Icmgwot on Thu May 02, 2013 5:33 pm

Li'l Beaver wrote:While we are debating the "Voter ID Act" Let me ask how many legal citizens DO NOT have some sort of photo ID? It is nearly impossible to do many daily tasks without producing a photo ID. Cashing a check, buying alcoholic beverages, buying tobacco products, securing a loan for a house or vehicle, going to the doctor, being admitted to the hospital, being issued a business license, or simply driving a vehicle most of these require a government issued photo ID!

It's not just a matter of having any form of photo ID. It has to have an address in the precinct you're voting in. Which means you're going to have a problem if you've recently moved, or if you're a student.

As far as not having any ID, I was pretty surprised at the number of people who had issues when I last worked as an election judge. Obviously, there were some out of date addresses on driver's licenses. There were several wives who didn't have a license because the man does all the driving. Younger adults who simply didn't have a driver's license yet. (Crazy, I know. But people do that.) And these were just people who were same day registering. So I obviously have no sampling of the people who were already registered, although I would assume they were more likely to have current licenses.

Li'l Beaver wrote:I will say that in nearly seventy years of voting in every election there were less than half a dozen times I had to spend over twenty minutes waiting to cast my votes.

I don't think I've ever had to wait more than five minutes, albeit through far less elections. But this is obviously a variable based on how well run your state and city are. Minnesota is pretty good, even in the poorer districts. Florida is pretty much bottom of the barrel. That being said, I agree that absentee voting isn't a good way to solve that problem.

oldhunter wrote:No ID to vote, but yet when I go to the eye doctor they tell me to bring my medicare card, my supplemental insurance card and a photo ID. All so when I went to get laser surgery on my eye the surgery center wanted the same. When I asked about it, the reason was all the fraud going on in medicare. So us old duffers have to have a photo ID to go to a doctor, but we can't seem to find one to vote?
Careful. This is the same reasoning used by people who want to see more restrictions on gun rights. "I have to get a license to drive a car, why not to buy a gun?!?" So make sure you're consistent in your reasoning. Likewise, there are plenty of other parallels. How much do you want to limit the exercise of liberties of the law abiding to protect against bad actors who abuse their freedom? Are you comfortable with more government record keeping to prevent malfeasance?
Icmgwot

Postby oldhunter on Thu May 02, 2013 5:55 pm

oldhunter wrote:
No ID to vote, but yet when I go to the eye doctor they tell me to bring my medicare card, my supplemental insurance card and a photo ID. All so when I went to get laser surgery on my eye the surgery center wanted the same. When I asked about it, the reason was all the fraud going on in medicare. So us old duffers have to have a photo ID to go to a doctor, but we can't seem to find one to vote?

Careful. This is the same reasoning used by people who want to see more restrictions on gun rights. "I have to get a license to drive a car, why not to buy a gun?!?" So make sure you're consistent in your reasoning. Likewise, there are plenty of other parallels. How much do you want to limit the exercise of liberties of the law abiding to protect against bad actors who abuse their freedom? Are you comfortable with more government record keeping to prevent malfeasance?
Icmgwot

That's weird. I bought two new guns this last month and had to show my drivers license both times. I cannot think of a time when I didn't have to show my drivers license to buy a gun. Every time I've filled out a Back ground check I've had to show my drivers license. I'll admit one time I didn't, he asked for my PTP.

oldhunter

Postby Back In Black on Thu May 02, 2013 6:25 pm

oldhunter wrote:
oldhunter wrote:
No ID to vote, but yet when I go to the eye doctor they tell me to bring my medicare card, my supplemental insurance card and a photo ID. All so when I went to get laser surgery on my eye the surgery center wanted the same. When I asked about it, the reason was all the fraud going on in medicare. So us old duffers have to have a photo ID to go to a doctor, but we can't seem to find one to vote?

Icmgwot

That's weird. I bought two new guns this last month and had to show my drivers license both times. I cannot think of a time when I didn't have to show my drivers license to buy a gun. Every time I've filled out a Back ground check I've had to show my drivers license. I'll admit one time I didn't, he asked for my PTP.

Every time I buy ammo I have to show my ID. :hmm:
Keith
Back In Black

Postby Icmgwot on Thu May 02, 2013 6:57 pm

Back In Black wrote:
oldhunter wrote:That's weird. I bought two new guns this last month and had to show my drivers license both times. I cannot think of a time when I didn't have to show my drivers license to buy a gun. Every time I've filled out a Back ground check I've had to show my drivers license. I'll admit one time I didn't, he asked for my PTP.

Every time I buy ammo I have to show my ID. :hmm:
The question is, are you comfortable with having the same requirements for your guns as you are for other activities? If you accept that voting and getting eye surgery should have similar restrictions, do you feel the same when people equate gun ownership/usage with driving a car? Do you feel you should have a license for one, simply because you do the other?

The reasoning for your position on one can be applicable to the other.
Icmgwot

Officials guilty in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud

Postby whiteox on Thu May 02, 2013 7:04 pm

I've got the answer to everything.

It will also piss off just about everybody so it'll never happen.

It's called a national ID card.

You put citizenship data on it. Employers caught employing someone without a valid ID, they get jig with a fine or jail depending on severity of offense.

You also have to have one to get any sort of public assistance. Boom. No more immigration problem.

Your eligibility to buy a firearm is encoded on the card somehow. Magnetic strip? Everybody gets their eligibility listed whether they're Heather Martens, or Wayne LaPierre. Sprinkle reader kiosks around or come up with some way to check the code online.

Boom. No more background checks. No need for registration. No need for an FFL transfer.

Same card gets encoded with citizenship status. You swipe the card and if you're a citizen you get one ballot per federal election and it tracks nationwide. You might vote in the wrong precinct but you only do it once and where you voted is tracked for prosecution if you purposely voted in the wrong precinct to affect a US House seat. You can use it to get a ballot to vote early but you only get one ballot.

Boom. No more in person voter fraud. (And get rid of absentee voting in favor of early voting)

If you like this, ask me about my idea to make laPierre the Director of BATFE.
whiteox

Postby MXGreg on Thu May 02, 2013 7:29 pm

Icmgwot wrote:Careful. This is the same reasoning used by people who want to see more restrictions on gun rights. "I have to get a license to drive a car, why not to buy a gun?!?" So make sure you're consistent in your reasoning. Likewise, there are plenty of other parallels. How much do you want to limit the exercise of liberties of the law abiding to protect against bad actors who abuse their freedom? Are you comfortable with more government record keeping to prevent malfeasance?

You don't need a license to buy a car. You need a license to drive a car, just like you need a PTC to carry a gun.
MXGreg

Postby Heffay on Thu May 02, 2013 9:34 pm

MXGreg wrote: just like you need a PTC to carry a gun.

Is that a fact?
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Previous

Return to Politics