Re: CA confiscating legally purchased guns

Postby Vikingsfan93 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:47 pm

Sorry about the double post.
Vikingsfan93

Postby XDM45 on Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:18 am

Erud wrote:
Uffdaphil wrote:
Tronster wrote:This story presents everyone with a hard question: What if a bill gets passed here for a registration law for certain types of guns (such as all semi-autos must be registered with the state).
I see your choices being:

Comply and register them and try to reverse the law through the courts or politics - (and potentially lose your guns when they confiscate them later with no financial compensation)

Sell anything requiring registration - (you get you money back out of them, but lose out on using some or all of your guns)

Move out of state - (you get to keep your guns, but have the expense of finding a new job, house, etc.)

Keep them but not comply with registration - (and possibly end up in the big house for 20 years)

You are forgetting the hard, but morally courageous choice the founders opted for -- risking lives, fortunes, and sacred honor.

Which is the option everyone chooses on the internet, but few would actually choose in real life.

Many would relinquish their guns, but there are those of us who will not.

I'm not willing to die for much before my time, however, there are exceptions to that rule..... saving a family member's life, saving my own life and risking it, but losing it because someone attacked me or my family / a family member, an invader to our country from another nation, or someone attempting to take away my guns. I don't fear death. I fear jail/prison/imprisonment/detention. I fear living on my knees under a dictatorship and extreme oppression; so better to die on one's feet than live on one's knees. Cliche', but true for me. I was born free and I will die free, either by my own hand or that of another if I'm backed into a wall by certain possible events.

I'm in no hurry to die, and I think that all of the above things happening which would be the proper criteria for me to take certain actions, are remote at best. Chances are that my terminal Cancer will get me sooner or later long before the jack boots will. If however that's not the case, there are those of us who will walk the walk if and when that time comes, without fear or regret.

I'm quite sane actually. The only reason I do or don't do certain things is because in my own belief system of what I believe to be right or wrong for me; not because of any laws written by man. One just needs to know where their personal line in the sand is on certain beliefs and then be prepared to act upon them if and when the need arises.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby Uffdaphil on Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:26 pm

I agree change won't be brought about by lone individuals. And talk is cheap. Cynical talk is cheapest. But if we don't speak publicly about what the courageous, moral response to tyranny should consist of, we acquiesce in the demise of our liberty.

The founders first organized themselves. How many were already politicians serving the king? Many if not most were simply educated men of conscience. When the oppression reaches the boiling point, I suspect it will be a grass roots resistance movement that gets the ball rolling with anonymous digital broadsides spreading the Message. After repeated instances of individuals and small groups being attacked and/or killed for "walking the walk," either the outrage will spread leading to re-establishing adherence to a Constitution or we will go the way of all corrupt republics since Rome. Too early to tell now.
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Postby XDM45 on Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:17 pm

Uffdaphil wrote:I agree change won't be brought about by lone individuals. And talk is cheap. Cynical talk is cheapest. But if we don't speak publicly about what the courageous, moral response to tyranny should consist of, we acquiesce in the demise of our liberty.

The founders first organized themselves. How many were already politicians serving the king? Many if not most were simply educated men of conscience. When the oppression reaches the boiling point, I suspect it will be a grass roots resistance movement that gets the ball rolling with anonymous digital broadsides spreading the Message. After repeated instances of individuals and small groups being attacked and/or killed for "walking the walk," either the outrage will spread leading to re-establishing adherence to a Constitution or we will go the way of all corrupt republics since Rome. Too early to tell now.

Agreed.

I think some will die and become the propellant for others to act. there's a lot of apathy out there today.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Previous

Return to Politics