Politics and the 2nd Amendment

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Politics and the 2nd Amendment

Postby gunsmith on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:10 pm

The gun counter at Fleet Farms would be a good spot for an informative 'Table Tent' with the MNgopac.org website.
Last edited by gunsmith on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunsmith

Postby Spartan on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:10 pm

gunsmith wrote:Seriously....How much money do WE have?

Do we have any wealthy benefactors?

Any Sons-of-Lumber barons writing big checks to GOCRA?

My point being...if it's going to be decided by size-of-warchest.....we're toast already, Right?

This year I want to upgrade from 'observer' / 'emailer' to sign carrier at capitol and minor contributor.....

10,000 more like me and the outcome will be a toss-up.

I fully appreciate those who've been 'carrying the water for me' :)

it's ok with me if you have already given up ..... doing the right thing fighting for liberty it very hard ..... its too tough for some ...... don't worry 10,000-20,000 other liberty lovers will try to stand up with out you... ..... how about if you just gather up your firearms and ammo and turn it over to Bloomberg's people ... so they wont need to come get them from you if we lose.
Spartan

Postby gunsmith on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:13 pm

Sparty-boy.....deep breath. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
gunsmith

Postby bstrawse on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:21 pm

gunsmith wrote:The gun counter at Fleet Farms would be a good spot for an informative 'Table Tent' with the MNgunpac website.

There's a legal reason under state campaign finance law that a company couldn't do something like that - but rest assured we're exploring other options that are in compliance with the law for this sort of thing.

Thanks for the suggestions & support - keep it coming!
B
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Spartan on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:27 pm

:D no need ..... I'm not stressed .......... just speak the truth ..... be positive .... and stop whining....

[youtube=] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivaKBtZ_WvA [/youtube]
Spartan

Postby Spartan on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:32 pm

its bad morale ......
Spartan

Postby farmerj on Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:18 pm

seems to me it's pretty much a loosing battle if you can't even get people to go to city council or county board meetings to correct out-state locations that are violating CURRENT laws and doing what they care to anyway.

Especially since those individuals get some significant face time with our elected reps in the metro.
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby Spartan on Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:26 pm

farmerj wrote:seems to me it's pretty much a loosing battle if you can't even get people to go to city council or county board meetings to correct out-state locations that are violating CURRENT laws and doing what they care to anyway.

Especially since those individuals get some significant face time with our elected reps in the metro.

another one ? really ? ok ... i'll get you a box too... just turn in those firearms...
Spartan

Postby farmerj on Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:31 pm

When the government ignores openly and willingly its own laws, then we have lost as a nation.

At whit point does it go past .....

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby Andrew Rothman on Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:53 pm

FarmerJ is unhappy that the gun rights community was not willing to fight his personal legal battle, which was a lot more complicated than he makes it sound, and now he crashes every thread about GOCRA.

Sorry, sir, that we couldn't be your personal legal fund.
Andrew Rothman

Postby farmerj on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:08 pm

Andrew, how is the municipal liqueur store in Glencoe my personal battle? It's not. It is a local government ignoring state laws.

Sorry not everyone sees your desire for center stage as priority. Show us one time you have addressed an issue outstate and not on capital hill....
Current moon phase
farmerj

Postby Spartan on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:11 pm

"We the people" have this fight.... GOCRA, MNGOPAC, NRA et.al. are our face and voices.... and organizers ....... we need to raise some money and stand up and be counted ... call, write and show up ..... end of story .... we need to make last year look like we called it in ......
Spartan

Postby RobD on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:21 pm

farmerj wrote:Andrew, how is the municipal liqueur store in Glencoe my personal battle? It's not. It is a local government ignoring state laws.

Sorry not everyone sees your desire for center stage as priority. Show us one time you have addressed an issue outstate and not on capital hill....

Not to interrupt the pissing contest. GOCRA does 5 times more things unseen than seen. Just last week, Andrew got a Sheriff ( an outstate one) to stop demanding passport photos for permit applications. Doesn't grab headlines, but not all of our work does.

Everyone on leadership has full time jobs, and most have young kids. You no have idea the personal sacrifices each one of us make (not to mention our families) to volunteer to take on the work for gun owners all over the state, not just our backyard.
Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Reloading, RSO)
Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors
RobD

Postby farmerj on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:25 pm

RobD wrote:
farmerj wrote:Andrew, how is the municipal liqueur store in Glencoe my personal battle? It's not. It is a local government ignoring state laws.

Not to interrupt the pissing contest. GOCRA does 5 times more things unseen than seen. Just last week, Andrew got a Sheriff ( an outstate one) to stop demanding passport photos for permit applications. Doesn't grab headlines, but not all of our work does.

Everyone on leadership has full time jobs, and most have young kids. You have idea the personal sacrifices each one of us make (not to mention our families) to volunteer to take on the work for gun owners all over the state, not just our backyard.

Does GOCRA have an outreach program that actually focuses on outstate issues? Where it is shown that a community is violating state laws? And why are those instances not shown to Congress for what they are? Blatant disregard for current laws.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Postby Texastransplant on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:40 pm

It is worth pointing out that Bloomberg and the Dems outspent Colorado recallers about 10-1. Money is a lot of things, but it's not everything. Keep up the good work, GOCRA. My renewal is inbound!
Texastransplant

PreviousNext

Return to Politics