MNGOPAC ACTION ALERT: McFadden on AM1130 Friday 8am

Firearms related political discussion forum

Postby bstrawse on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:07 pm

** MNGOPAC ACTION ALERT **

Mike McFadden, Candidate for US Senate, will be on the Jack and Ben "Up and At Em" show tomorrow on AM1130 - most likely around 8am, but may be on earlier.
As many of you know, McFadden has refused to answer direct questions about his position on our Second Amendment rights. In June of last year, he stated that he was looking to close the gun show loophole - but more recently he's started to back off of that position.

McFadden has been notoriously vague on a number of issues - but his vagueness on the Second Amendment should be a frightening prospect to any gun owner in Minnesota.

Tomorrow's show is a great chance to ask McFadden some very specific questions about the Second Amendment.

ACTION ITEMS
- Listen to "Up and At Em" tomorrow on AM1130 or online
- Call in as soon as you hear Mike McFadden's segment is next at 651-989-5855.
- Ask one simple direct question - and be sure to mention that you don't want to just hear that McFadden "supports the Second Amendment", because President Obama and Senator Franken say that just before they start arguing for new gun control.

POTENTIAL QUESTIONS YOU CAN USE
1) Does you believe that the Second Amendment grants a meaningful, individual right to keep, bear, and carry firearms to a citizen? Can you describe your vision for that right?
2) As a Senator, would Mr. McFadden vote to support any type of "Assault Weapons" ban. If so, why - and what exactly would he support banning? If not, why not?
3) As a Senator, would Mr. McFadden vote to support any sort of magazine restrictions in terms of the size/capacity of the magazine? If so, why - and what exactly would he want to restrict or ban? If not, why not?
4) As a Senator, would Mr. McFadden support a bill requiring states to honor each other's concealed carry permits? (i.e. national reciprocity). Why or why not?
5) As a Senator, would Mr. McFadden vote to support national or state based licensing of gun owners, as called for by some in Congress? Why or why not?
6) On your website, you state that this country has an illegal gun problem. What is an illegal gun and specifically what do you believe needs to be done about them?
7) You stated several times last year that you supported closing the gun show loophole - what specific legislation do you think needs to be passed to do this?
8) What federal gun control laws do you think should be repealed?
9) Mike, do you hunt? And if so, what rifle, shotgun, or handgun do you use? And what do you hunt?
10) Mike, do you think the gun show loophole exists? (If he says no - ask him what changed his mind from his June 2013 statements)
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Re: MNGOPAC ACTION ALERT: McFadden on AM1130 Friday 8am

Postby bensdad on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:59 am

I listen every morning (even ask a liberal day). I'll call in, but the guy with the smarmy voice (is that Jack or Ben?) always cuts me off and hangs up.

Be nice to hear this topic come up at least a few times during the interview. Anybody else gonna give it a shot?
I got nothin'
bensdad

Postby CarryCauseICan on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:40 am

I'm listening, keep on him. Let him know, "We just don't Trust you"!
Molon Labe!
HEY! Once this girl said, "It's not You, It's Me". I said, "Dang Right It's You! You Heffer!" Si
CarryCauseICan

Postby Kaveman on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:52 am

When he said that "the second amendment is very specific" I would have liked to hear what he believes are the "specific" constrains.

It may just be his wording, but I think the second amendment is very general on a specific issue. "Shall not be infringed" in general.

If nothing else, he is feeling the pressure.
Kaveman

Postby xd ED on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:56 am

Yep. Either what's been attributed to him has been BS(doubtful), or someone gave him some half fast coaching.
2A aside, didn't sound too impressive.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby bstrawse on Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:26 pm

xd ED wrote:Yep. Either what's been attributed to him has been BS(doubtful), or someone gave him some half fast coaching.

I can source everything I've ever accused him of saying - in text and audio. Watch for that in the next few days.
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby mrp on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:53 pm

bstrawse wrote:4) As a Senator, would Mr. McFadden support a bill requiring states to honor each other's concealed carry permits? (i.e. national reciprocity). Why or why not?

I don't support national reciprocity. I'm all for states granting each other reciprocity as they do with drivers licenses, but I do not want the federal government to get involved. If candidates are evaluated based on their response to this question, do you have specific legislation in mind? Do you account for the possibility that even the most pro-2A candidate may see federal involvement in this as unconstitutional, unwarranted, and/or counter-productive? (I'm assuming you score this as yes=pro-2a.)

Thanks
mrp

Postby gunsmith on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:57 pm

mrp wrote:
bstrawse wrote:4) As a Senator, would Mr. McFadden support a bill requiring states to honor each other's concealed carry permits? (i.e. national reciprocity). Why or why not?

I don't support national reciprocity. I'm all for states granting each other reciprocity as they do with drivers licenses, but I do not want the federal government to get involved. If candidates are evaluated based on their response to this question, do you have specific legislation in mind? Do you account for the possibility that even the most pro-2A candidate may see federal involvement in this as unconstitutional, unwarranted, and/or counter-productive? (I'm assuming you score this as yes=pro-2a.)

Thanks

Me Too. Keep it with the states.
gunsmith

Postby Spartan on Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:12 pm

bstrawse wrote:
xd ED wrote:Yep. Either what's been attributed to him has been BS(doubtful), or someone gave him some half fast coaching.

I can source everything I've ever accused him of saying - in text and audio. Watch for that in the next few days.
b

I heard several anti gun comments ....... from McFadden ... he is getting s lot of coaching ... one of his minions was a Tea party meeting in lake Elmo last week .... they debated the candidates and one person Mentioned McFadden was Anti-gun and gave examples and Jack the Tea party leader chimed in against the minion ....

McFadden has sad he will close the gun show loophole and how we need stricter back ground checks and more laws to keep gun out of the wrong hands ..... mental health .. blah blah blah............ is that what you need to hear? he is the only GOP candidate for US senate or Gov who will not come to the TEA party and answer questions ....

He is a luke warm Norm Coleman Clone who intends on buying his way to DC ... .... my opinion is that that a rino like this will stab you the back why bother ..... if he is nominated you may as well vote for Al Franken ... at least you when the back stabbing will occur .... if you send a rino like McFadden to DC and expect anything more than the status quo you are a fool .
Remember Norm Coleman .... a guy so uninspiring that most of us wanted to vote for Horner ......

Don't get me wrong .... Al Franken is a disgrace.... and I would vote for most anybody over AL .... except not McFadden...
Spartan

Postby xd ED on Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:37 pm

Spartan wrote:
bstrawse wrote:

b

I heard several anti gun comments ....... from McFadden ... he is getting s lot of coaching ... one of his minions was a Tea party meeting in lake Elmo last week .... they debated the candidates and one person Mentioned McFadden was Anti-gun and gave examples and Jack the Tea party leader chimed in against the minion ....

McFadden has sad he will close the gun show loophole and how we need stricter back ground checks and more laws to keep gun out of the wrong hands ..... mental health .. blah blah blah............ is that what you need to hear? he is the only GOP candidate for US senate or Gov who will not come to the TEA party and answer questions ....

He is a luke warm Norm Coleman Clone who intends on buying his way to DC ... .... my opinion is that that a rino like this will stab you the back why bother ..... if he is nominated you may as well vote for Al Franken ... at least you when the back stabbing will occur .... if you send a rino like McFadden to DC and expect anything more than the status quo you are a fool .
Remember Norm Coleman .... a guy so uninspiring that most of us wanted to vote for Horner ......

Don't get me wrong .... Al Franken is a disgrace.... and I would vote for most anybody over AL .... except not McFadden...

I agree; especially your last sentence.

Listening to him was like catching a whiff of something in the air:
You're not sure what it is, but there's no doubt it smells bad.

There was something very disturbing in his presentation… maybe trying to remember what he was told to say, vs what he believes; totally unimpressive.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby LePetomane on Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:10 pm

Spartan wrote:Don't get me wrong .... Al Franken is a disgrace.... and I would vote for most anybody over AL .... except not McFadden...

So you would vote for Franken? I just wouldn't vote.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby bstrawse on Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:11 pm

mrp wrote:

Thanks

In short, this is simply a question to get McFadden to stake out a position on various issues - this being one of them.

The long form - this is a question that is on our federal candidate endorsement questionnaire. It's not a simple yes/no question (actually, most aren't) - and yes, we account for the fact that a Pro-2A candidate may see federal involvement as improper (for a variety of reasons).

That's why we conduct most endorsement interviews in person.

We offered that opportunity to Mr. McFadden and he never responded.
b
bstrawse

Postby Spartan on Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:40 pm

We offered that opportunity to Mr. McFadden and he never responded.

This seems to be the tread with McFadden..... he wont talk to The Tea Party Alliance .... he spoke to my BPOU and ran off failing to answer questions ....

LePetomane wrote:Spartan wrote:

and no I feel strongly enough but McFadden that if it comes to Al vs. Mike McF .... I will vote for .....( sound of me puking) Al .. because if McF wins we are stuck with him 6 year and of course the rookie pork barreler will re again in 2020 .... and no one will step forward to challenge an incumbent in the GOP so we will be stuck with the guy until 2026...do you understand my reasoning ? under the proven leadership of STuart Smalley .... we can expect a crash .... but we will have a chance to get it in 2020....
Spartan

Postby LePetomane on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:33 am

For those of you who have lived in Minnesota all of their lives, this guy is the typical "Minnesota Nice" Republican, RFL or RINO. They want to flirt with some of the DFL's ideas to seem more attractive to those on the fence when all they do is turn off whatever conservative base exists here. Some of them are ashamed of their fellow Republicans that are true conservatives or libertarians. Look at John McCain when Rand Paul and Mike Lee orchestrated the filibuster. Instead of supporting them he called them "wacko birds" and other derogatory terms. John McCain and his cling-on Lindsey Graham are the best Republicans that the Democrats could ever hope for. If McFadden gets in he will be wooed by the Dems and fit right in to the "go along to get along" crowd.

Before redistricting, Michelle Bachmann was my rep. Say what you wanted but she represented her constituency well.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Hmac on Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:13 am

LePetomane wrote:

In other words, you'd help Frankenstein get elected?
Hmac

Next

Return to Politics