shtf? MOA attack?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: shtf? MOA attack?

Postby Lumpy on Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:01 am

MJY65 wrote:Love some of the article comments about the signs being there to keep everyone safe. What the heck kind of fantasy kindergarten rule world do those people live in?
Simple: carrying guns turns arguments into murders; and of course anyone who would want to carry a gun in the first place must be an unstable yahoo. :roll:

But that's the way the antis think. I've read a surprising number of posts in different places where people say "I couldn't trust myself with a gun, I'd kill someone the first time I lost my temper". :o
Lumpy

Postby Ghost on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:05 am

Lumpy wrote: I've read a surprising number of posts in different places where people say "I couldn't trust myself with a gun, I'd kill someone the first time I lost my temper". :o

You nailed it, they are afraid of themselves so they assume everybody is in the same boat and think it's best to ban them.
Ghost

Postby John S. on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:47 am

Be a lot safer, if they turned those guns are banned signs into targets, practice, practice, practice! :?
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
John S.

Postby John S. on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:48 am

Ghost wrote:
Lumpy wrote: I've read a surprising number of posts in different places where people say "I couldn't trust myself with a gun, I'd kill someone the first time I lost my temper". :o

You nailed it, they are afraid of themselves so they assume everybody is in the same boat and think it's best to ban them.

+1
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
John S.

Postby xd ED on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:49 am

An interesting read:
...writen several years ago...

The premise of the book is simple: a squad of AK-74 armed terrorists takes a thousand Black Friday shoppers hostage in a fictitious suburban Minneapolis mall called America, the Mall, which closely resembles The Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota.

Yes, you read that correctly. The terrorists are armed with AK-74s that fire the lighter 5.45x39mm Soviet round, not the AK-47. This is a refreshing detail that warmed this firearms fanatic’s heart.

Among the hostages is Bob Lee Swagger’s scion, Ray Cruz. Bob Lee is now well and truly retired and does not make an appearance in this book. Ray, now a 42 year old former Marine Corps sniper, is our hero.

Outside the mall the superintendent of state police who takes command of the hostage crisis is Colonel Douglas Obobo. Obobo is the son of a Kenyan father and American mother. He was educated at Harvard Law. He is a “mellifluous speaker and quick wit” who espoused an enlightened approach to law enforcement.

Sound familiar? Try this: “[Obobo is] committed to the healing of America by progressive law enforcement policy.” On the strength of his personal charisma, he rapidly rose through the ranks without the benefit of gaining real experience – until he was appointed the state’s youngest and first African-American police superintendent.

And this:

When Obobo first heard of the terrorist action at America, the Mall, he assumes that it is the work of “some crazed white militia, some NRA offshoot, some screwball Tea Party gone berserk. In his mind, one never could tell about the right in this country, particularly deep in the glowering Midwest, where men clung to guns and religion, cursed bitterly as America changed, and still believed, fundamentally, in the old ways.”

Like his doppelganger in the White House, Colonel Obobo proves to be utterly inept and the crisis is resolved by the work of Cruz and the improvisations a small cadre of local police and F.B.I. snipers.

Full Review at:
The Truth About Guns: Book Review: Soft Target by Stephen Hunter
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:58 am

bstrawse wrote:The MN Gun Owners PAC was asked for comments for an upcoming Star Tribune story - here's what we told them:

"The Mall of America has long had a policy to prohibit lawful carry of firearms by Minnesotans, including posting signs throughout the mall and removing permit holders seen to be carrying firearms.

Minnesota law, however, prohibits a landlord from interfering with the carrying of firearms under MN statute 624.714 by tenants or their guests.

The Mall of America is well aware that as landlords they cannot ban lawful carry. Carrying at the Mall of America does not violate the law, only the mall's wishes.

The current threat environment makes it unconscionable to seek to prohibit self-defense by the mall's customers."

- Bryan Strawser, Executive Director, Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee

The Armed Citizen is the Original Homeland Security.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Pat Cannon on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:44 pm

I know if I need to use my .357 inside the mall, there'll be a lot more sympathy for the idea of Minnesota legalizing suppressors.
Pat Cannon

Postby John S. on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:57 pm

Pat Cannon wrote:I know if I need to use my .357 inside the mall, there'll be a lot more sympathy for the idea of Minnesota legalizing suppressors.

"Right?" ;)
I think about that, sometimes, if I had to use my .357 in my home even. How am I going to react, to how piercing loud .357 is! I always wear hearing protection now, as a kid, hunting squirrls or pheasant, not so much, but, .357 is waay louder than even a 12ga.
John S.

Postby John S. on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:26 pm

LarryP wrote:IMO these alerts are political With possible Home Land Security being shut down over immigration etc

Larry, "Here's your sign!"
http://www.aol.com/article/2015/02/23/h ... d%3D617797

Johnson linked the purported Mall of America warning from the Africa-based al-Shabab terror group and other recent terror alerts to what he described as a "new phase" of challenges by extremist groups abroad that have used alarming Internet videos and social media to gain adherents in the U.S. and potentially prod some to action.

"How, can this country survive without O's HLS????" :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by John S. on Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John S.

Postby xd ED on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:39 pm

Pat Cannon wrote:I know if I need to use my .357 inside the mall, there'll be a lot more sympathy for the idea of Minnesota legalizing suppressors.

Well, at least they got sprinklers ready for ya.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby george on Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:28 pm

I would wager you, if you ever had to shoot at someone inside a building you wouldn't even hardly hear it from the adrenaline rush blocking the sound. Might be tough on those that don't know what's going on though.
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Re:

Postby John S. on Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:39 pm

george wrote:I would wager you, if you ever had to shoot at someone inside a building you wouldn't even hardly hear it from the adrenaline rush blocking the sound. Might be tough on those that don't know what's going on though.

Thanks, I have heard that said before. Hard to believe, but, yeah, I can see how!
John S.

Postby 20mm on Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:46 pm

Today seems like the perfect day to have an open carry demonstration outside the MoA!

Who's in?
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Postby John S. on Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:01 pm

20mm wrote:Today seems like the perfect day to have an open carry demonstration outside the MoA!

Who's in?

Now, That's Just Wrong............................... ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John S.

Postby Lumpy on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:58 pm

My biggest worry is that terrorists would use planted bombs instead of gunmen. Gunmen you can defend against, bombs not so much.
Lumpy

PreviousNext

Return to Politics