Red Flag! SF1289/HF1361.

Firearms related political discussion forum

Red Flag! SF1289/HF1361.

Postby steve4102 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:42 am

Looks like it's time to get busy again.

From MNGOPAC this morning.

Earlier this week, I commented to one of our staffers that we really hadn't seen any anti-gun bills so far this legislative session.

That changed earlier this week when Senator Ron Latz and Representative Dan Schoen introduced the most onerous unconstitutional anti-gun bill we've seen in the last two years.

SF1289 (Senate version) and HF1361 (House version), cleverly described as a way for law enforcement and family members to petition the court to prohibit people who are dangerous from possessing a firearm, is nothing but an attempt to make it as easy as possible for gun grabbers to get their hands on your firearms.
steve4102

Re: Red Flag! SF1289/HF1361.

Postby MaryB on Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:43 pm

Wrote my legislators. Kept it simple and pointed out that parts of it violate due process and violate a persons rights. These may not make it out of committee hearings for the reasons I listed. These gun grabbers need to get a clue and quit wasting taxpayer money on this crap
MaryB

Postby steve4102 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:53 am

MaryB wrote:Wrote my legislators. Kept it simple and pointed out that parts of it violate due process and violate a persons rights. These may not make it out of committee hearings for the reasons I listed. These gun grabbers need to get a clue and quit wasting taxpayer money on this crap

Thank, I did the same. I also sent a few bucks off to help.
steve4102

Red Flag! SF1289/HF1361.

Postby jshuberg on Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:32 pm

Just curious, which group did you contribute to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby steve4102 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:57 am

jshuberg wrote:Just curious, which group did you contribute to?

http://www.mngopac.org/

I also received an Email from GRCOA. That donation will come next week, payday.
steve4102

Red Flag! SF1289/HF1361.

Postby jshuberg on Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:33 am

Very cool, it will most certainly help!

The reason I asked is that there are a couple con-artists posing as a gun rights group in MN. They're actually run out of Iowa, and are siphoning monies away from groups that are actually doing the hard work. It only stands to reason that when money is involved, the scammers are sure to follow, and I don't want to see anyone getting ripped off.

I would advise people to stay away from "Minnesota Gun Rights", these guys are just a couple of grifters.

NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby DustinD on Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:40 am

Four House Bills passed to the floor: Suppressors, end to the Capitol carry notification requirement, North Dakota Reciprocity, and buying long guns across state lines.

All anti gun bills are DOA in the House. Even the suppressor bill only had one nay vote. The Senate does not want to be a apart of the gun debate this year. This hurts both us and the opposition. The prediction from GOCRA is that we will get a few minor bills passed the Senate and signed into law this year.

We have more hearings scheduled for the House on Tuesday and Thursday of next week. Follow GOCRA's Facebook page for details and updates.

Even the highly antigun Star Tribune put out an honest article. That said, it did take a *lot* of work over the years for us to drag them there.
DustinD

Return to Politics