Constitutional Carry and Self Defense Law Reform to be heard

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Constitutional Carry and Self Defense Law Reform to be heard

Postby bstrawse on Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:19 am

steve4102 wrote:
bstrawse wrote:Hi -

Here's the strategy - and I'll be blunt about this.

We have the votes to pass committee, the House, and the Senate to pass both bills.

Dayton can sign the bills - which is great, and they'll become law.

Dayton can veto the bills - in which case this will be issue #1 for gun owners in the 2018 elections.

EIther way we're going to win in the short or long run.

*Now* is the time to be on the offensive and push forward -- not waiting to see what Dayton may or may not do.

I hope to see you there on Wednesday -

Bryan

Really?

MN was one of a handful of States that wanted Hillary Clinton to be their President.

The most gun hating, anti-second amendment Candidate in my lifetime and MN voted for her and we are supposed to believe that Governor Goofy can be defeated by vetoing Pro-Gun legislation?

No way it will be an issue.

In 2013, the anti-gun DFL leaders controlled the MN House and Senate - and the Governor's mansion - and yet they were unable to move a single gun control bill.

In 2015, in divided government, we were able to move 5 pro-gun bills through the legislature and get Dayton to sign them.

So yes, I believe this can be done.

Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby bstrawse on Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:25 am

In the Arrowhead region -- Rob Ecklund is an A rated, pro-gun DFLer, who co-sponsored Stand your Ground and Constitutional Carry. Mary Murphy, though C rated, often votes pro-gun. Jason Metsa is A-rated, pro-gun DFLer, who has co-sponsored Stand your Ground, and there are others. In the Senate, Bakk and Tommasoni also are solid pro-gun votes, despite being DFLers.

They may elect primarily democrats in that region, but they're solidly on our side.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby MJY65 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:33 am

steve4102 wrote:A republican candidate will not get support from the Arrowhead region.

Well, it may be getting better. Obama beat Romney by 29% in St Louis and 21% in Lake. Clinton beat Trump by 11% and 2% in those same counties.
MJY65

Postby steve4102 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:46 am

Have you been to the Arrowhead and have you experienced their Brainwashed Hatred for any and all things Republicans?

If Jesus Christ himself ran as a Republican and Satin himself ran as a Democrat, Satin would win hands down in the arrowhead.
steve4102

Postby Ghost on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:49 am

steve4102 wrote:Have you been to the Arrowhead and have you experienced their Brainwashed Hatred for any and all things Republicans?

If Jesus Christ himself ran as a Republican and Satin himself ran as a Democrat, Satin would win hands down in the arrowhead.

Well, drop your guns at the local police station. No point in preventing the inevitable.
Ghost

Postby steve4102 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:50 am

bstrawse wrote:In the Arrowhead region -- Rob Ecklund is an A rated, pro-gun DFLer, who co-sponsored Stand your Ground and Constitutional Carry. Mary Murphy, though C rated, often votes pro-gun. Jason Metsa is A-rated, pro-gun DFLer, who has co-sponsored Stand your Ground, and there are others. In the Senate, Bakk and Tommasoni also are solid pro-gun votes, despite being DFLers.

They may elect primarily democrats in that region, but they're solidly on our side.

Which has nothing to do with voting for Republican Governor.

They will not cast a vote for (R) no matter what.
steve4102

Postby steve4102 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:51 am

Ghost wrote:
steve4102 wrote:Have you been to the Arrowhead and have you experienced their Brainwashed Hatred for any and all things Republicans?

Well, drop your guns at the local police station. No point in preventing the inevitable.

Now there is an intelligent response.

Attack me for stating my opinion on the Arrowhead voter based on 6o years of living among them.
steve4102

Postby xd ED on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:56 am

steve4102 wrote:
Ghost wrote:

Attack me for stating my opinion on the Arrowhead voter based on 6o years of living among them.

So, what is your plan for advancing the cause?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby MJY65 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:13 pm

Well, I did grow up in Virginia. My mom still lives there and my brother in Duluth. So, yeah. I do know what I'm saying.
MJY65

Postby Hmac on Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:19 pm

I lived and worked in the heart of the Iron Range for several years. It is indeed a land apart and extraordinarily anti-Republican. Having said that, the view of firearms ownership, for them and their legislators, is most definitely not a partisan issue. I'm not sure when it comes to governor, however. We/they have voted for Al Quie (R), Rudy Perpich (D), Arne Carlson (R), Jesse Ventura (?), Tim Pawlenty (R), Mark Dayton (D). Not exactly knee-jerk voting along party lines.
Hmac

Postby MJY65 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:30 pm

Hmac wrote: It is indeed a land apart and extraordinarily anti-Republican.

A large chunk of the population is very pro-Dem due to union influence, but it is a very different mentality than core Metro liberalism.
MJY65

Postby Hmac on Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:42 pm

MJY65 wrote:
Hmac wrote: It is indeed a land apart and extraordinarily anti-Republican.

A large chunk of the population is very pro-Dem due to union influence, but it is a very different mentality than core Metro liberalism.

Yes, I'd agree with that. They aren't knee-jerk liberals.
Hmac

Postby Randygmn on Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:07 pm

But they obviously don't view gun ownership as a republican issue, but instead, an American issue. All anti gunners are democrats. But not all democrats are anti gun (although most are).
Randygmn

Postby Ghost on Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:45 pm

steve4102 wrote:
Ghost wrote:

That wasn't an attack. It was an sarcastic observation based on your hypocritical stubbornness.

My grandma is from up there and was taught that you only vote dem. She'll never change. She moved south and she's also 92. My dad and I don't share her love of the dems and I expect generational change up there also.
Ghost

Postby steve4102 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:20 pm

Hmac wrote:

I lived and worked in the heart of the Iron Range for several years. It is indeed a land apart and extraordinarily anti-Republican. Having said that, the view of firearms ownership, for them and their legislators, is most definitely not a partisan issue. I'm not sure when it comes to governor, however. We/they have voted for Al Quie (R), Rudy Perpich (D), Arne Carlson (R), Jesse Ventura (?), Tim Pawlenty (R), Mark Dayton (D). Not exactly knee-jerk voting along party lines.

Tim Pawlenty (R) 2003
Note the Arrowhead Region color.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota ... tion,_2002

Al Quie (R)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota ... tion,_1978

Arne Carlson (R)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota ... tion,_1990
steve4102

PreviousNext

Return to Politics