Matthew Grace and Pink Pistols v. District of Columbia

Firearms related political discussion forum

Matthew Grace and Pink Pistols v. District of Columbia

Postby jdege on Fri May 19, 2017 8:02 am

Apparently there's another court challenge to may-issue carry permits: Matthew Grace and Pink Pistols v. District of Columbia

I'd never heard of it.

Anyone know anything about it?

Anyone following it?

I've been watching Peruta v. San Diego, and I'd missed Grace v. D.C.
jdege

Re: Matthew Grace and Pink Pistols v. District of Columbia

Postby Randygmn on Fri May 19, 2017 10:55 am

Pink pistols is a pro gay organization. Believe it or not, it may help with liberal jurists, fwiw.
Randygmn

Postby Ghost on Fri May 19, 2017 11:08 am

Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Fri May 19, 2017 12:07 pm

There have been a few people on this board who have been reminding people over the years that the Homophobic rhetoric that pops up on here from time to time is very disruptive to the broad base of support that the 2A cause could benefit from. This is a perfect example of how 2A issues can be championed by someone other than the stereotypical White Male Heterosexual. Alienation of groups is not helpful and can turn away like minded people with narrow minded labeling and bigotry.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby karlobag on Fri May 19, 2017 2:24 pm

There have been a few people on this board who have been reminding people over the years that the Homophobic rhetoric that pops up on here from time to time is very disruptive to the broad base of support that the 2A cause could benefit from. This is a perfect example of how 2A issues can be championed by someone other than the stereotypical White Male Heterosexual. Alienation of groups is not helpful and can turn away like minded people with narrow minded labeling and bigotry.

Well said!
NRA Life Member
NRA RSO

"There are three kinds of men: The ones that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers
karlobag

Postby mmcnx2 on Fri May 19, 2017 5:39 pm

karlobag wrote:

Well said!

Agreed, I actually did some new shooter introduction volunteer work with them last weekend up at Circle Pines. Hey, another shooter in our sport is a good thing, the more trained shooters we have is even better. The folks I met were respectful and interested in learning - great students and hopefully they will become avid shooters.

With very few exceptions; I've never really understood how someone else's personal life preferences has much of an impact on how should we treat each other.
mmcnx2

Postby atomic41 on Sat May 20, 2017 8:57 am

The Pink Pistols are great. Their numbers grew like crazy following the FL nightclub terrorist attack. One of my gay friends is considering getting a PTC and I plan to help him along this route.
atomic41

Postby LarryP on Sat May 20, 2017 11:32 pm

What a sick world we live in :(
LarryP

Postby mmcnx2 on Sun May 21, 2017 6:04 am

LarryP wrote:What a sick world we live in :(

What specifically do you find sickening regarding this?
mmcnx2

Postby atomic41 on Sun May 21, 2017 7:40 am

We are slowly but surely winning the culture war. We need to keep winning by accepting everyone regardless of political or sexual orientations. Here is a great read on this topic, I especially like the quote from Chris Cheng:

http://redalertpolitics.com/2017/05/17/ ... ra-member/

Also, the NRA needs to continue the efforts of the past few years with the support of people like Colion Noir. His show last season really settled into a great show that was a healthy intellectually honest discussion about guns and rights in America with anti-gunners. Thanks to people like Noir, Chris Cheng, the many women competitive shooters, etc., we are winning the culture war.
atomic41

Postby mmcnx2 on Sun May 21, 2017 8:13 am

atomic41 wrote:We are slowly but surely winning the culture war. We need to keep winning by accepting everyone regardless of political or sexual orientations. ......

Statistically I guess I fall in the stereotypical white male group, over 50, heterosexual, married, 2 kids, college education, white collar job, live in the burbs, Republican, never arrested. This is the group that supposedly is racist, homophobic, and has all the bias and discrimination of the world rolled into one terrible person. That said I don't care what someone's personal sexual orientation is...never will understand why or how it impacts me or why I have a right to dictate any preference to someone else. Now their politic/religious views(groups like ISIS) can be a little more concerning because it can and does at times impact my life directly.
mmcnx2

Return to Politics