NRA just called

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: NRA just called

Postby Erud on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:36 pm

crbutler wrote:I agree it’s something to fight, but that fight on full auto weapons has been neglected for a long time, and even here I don’t hear that being advocated.

As far as I can see, the bump stock is and always was a way to get full auto fire without complying with the provisions of the NFA.

I’ve been a pretty big supporter of the NRA, a Patron Life member.

Frankly, the NRA is a grassroots organization. Remember the Knox revolution there. While I have some issues with LaPierre and the paid leadership, the way to deal with it is to get folks to vote in directors who will get the org moving in the way you want it to, not play passive-aggressive and fracture the support.

While the MN orgs do good for MN, they don’t do much for national issues.

I suspect if you can get 20-30k votes behind someone, they are in at the NRA BOD elections. That is the way to handle your angst at the NRA, not whinging on a regional gun board. How many of you all even filled out the ballot?

Just as an FYI, the lowest vote getters who won election to the NRA BOD the last two years got just over 45,000 votes each. Also, there are 75 directors on the NRA BOD, most of whom have been there for a very long time. The BOD has made it extremely difficult to get any outsider onto the board, and made sure that any outsider that did manage get in can’t do diddly squat.
Erud

Postby Ghost on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:54 pm

crbutler wrote:I agree it’s something to fight, but that fight on full auto weapons has been neglected for a long time, and even here I don’t hear that being advocated.

As far as I can see, the bump stock is and always was a way to get full auto fire without complying with the provisions of the NFA.

I’ve been a pretty big supporter of the NRA, a Patron Life member.

Frankly, the NRA is a grassroots organization. Remember the Knox revolution there. While I have some issues with LaPierre and the paid leadership, the way to deal with it is to get folks to vote in directors who will get the org moving in the way you want it to, not play passive-aggressive and fracture the support.

While the MN orgs do good for MN, they don’t do much for national issues.

I suspect if you can get 20-30k votes behind someone, they are in at the NRA BOD elections. That is the way to handle your angst at the NRA, not whinging on a regional gun board. How many of you all even filled out the ballot?

I’ve voted every year and I’ve leveled up to the Benefactor life status so I’ll keep voting but the last thing I’ll do is send more money because they call me and tell me I have to help Wayne out when he and Cox supported giving up something that is legal.

Then when you look at their tax records and pay it’s pretty obvious it’s all about money to them. Millions in offshore accounts, millions to the WLP and his wife, amongst others.

It really doesn’t matter if bumpstocks are stupid or a toy,it’s the question - are we ever going to start swinging or just keep backing into the corner?
Ghost

NRA just called

Postby INOR on Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:14 am

Thought this was interesting.

https://youtu.be/RKEyBwLcAyY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby wasfuzz on Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:09 pm

Remember, since 1970 something no NRA money you donated is spent for lobbying in MN. NRA lost a lawsuit and refuse to name donors. If you want NRA money to go to MN it must be sent to a special fund.
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

NRA just called

Postby dismal on Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:51 pm

wasfuzz wrote:Remember, since 1970 something no NRA money you donated is spent for lobbying in MN. NRA lost a lawsuit and refuse to name donors. If you want NRA money to go to MN it must be sent to a special fund.

I’d be very interested in more info on this...
dismal

Postby bstrawse on Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:25 pm

wasfuzz wrote:Remember, since 1970 something no NRA money you donated is spent for lobbying in MN. NRA lost a lawsuit and refuse to name donors. If you want NRA money to go to MN it must be sent to a special fund.

NRA has a lobbyist assigned to Minnesota. He's not paid out of their special fund. NRA, however, spends minimally in state level elections in MN. They have spent significantly on federal races in Minnesota, however.

b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:01 am

So I have the Ballot in front of me and aside from a handful of people I have heard of, how are the rest of you making your selections? How do we know what their personal stance is on key policy issues? 27 people out of 35 is a lot of unknown people.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:13 am

yukonjasper wrote:So I have the Ballot in front of me and aside from a handful of people I have heard of, how are the rest of you making your selections? How do we know what their personal stance is on key policy issues? 27 people out of 35 is a lot of unknown people.

Only person I voted for was Adam Kraut. All the big names will get votes without my help.

http://www.adamkraut.com/
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:23 am

Just looked up Tom king. Lots of controversy and accusations of impropriety.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:33 am

yukonjasper wrote:Just looked up Tom king. Lots of controversy and accusations of impropriety.

NRA could use some new blood.
Ghost

Postby Ghost on Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:41 am

Ghost

Postby Stealthcarry on Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:24 am

It's not the only organization I support, but bottom line, they ARE the 800 lb gorilla. Having ponyed up for a life membership back when I was still gainfully employed, I can now spread what little I have left to some of the other outfits that are fighting the good fight. [JFPOFAO,GOA, 2nd Amend Foundation,etc] I'd invest more in hardware but there's only so much I can stuff in the tin box :lol:
'
Hold and die.
Stealthcarry

Postby Ghost on Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:13 pm

Got another. Wanted $225.

I said when they start fighting against things like the bumpstock ban to give me a call.
Ghost

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:22 pm

Who was the clown (Board Member) who came out in favor of the AWB several years ago?
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Ghost on Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:46 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:Who was the clown (Board Member) who came out in favor of the AWB several years ago?

Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to Politics