SCOTUS denied every pending Second Amendment cert petition.

Firearms related political discussion forum

SCOTUS denied every pending Second Amendment cert petition.

Postby mrp on Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:30 am

https://firearmslaw.duke.edu/2020/06/sc ... f-6-15-20/

>Wow – big news out of the Supreme Court’s order list this morning. The Court denied *every* pending Second Amendment cert petition.
mrp

Re: SCOTUS denied every pending Second Amendment cert petition.

Postby LarryFlew on Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:05 pm

Couldn't believe it when I read it, Even the couple real trampled rights where not heard. Draconian need a reason to carry laws etc need to be heard.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby LarryP on Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:37 pm

Is this good or bad?
LarryP

Postby LarryFlew on Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:01 pm

IMO very bad letting the libs make their own rules regarding who can buy what and having to have a reason to get a carry permit.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Jackpine Savage on Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:16 pm

It means Roberts has no balls. We need Trump to replace Ginsberg. Then be ready for CW II.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Ghost on Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:53 pm

Jackpine Savage wrote:It means Roberts has no balls. We need Trump to replace Ginsberg. Then be ready for CW II.

They had the 4 votes needed, it may mean they didn’t have the 5th vote that would have mattered.
Ghost

Postby atomic41 on Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:59 pm

They have been turning these down for weeks. There are something like 20 cases, they keep denying them. Once a case is heard, it will strengthen 2A, which is why they keep getting punted.
atomic41

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:17 pm

Infringers be infringing dog.
Holland&Holland

Postby GoodDoctor on Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:58 am

Ghost wrote:
Jackpine Savage wrote:It means Roberts has no balls. We need Trump to replace Ginsberg. Then be ready for CW II.

They had the 4 votes needed, it may mean they didn’t have the 5th vote that would have mattered.

These rejections may be more insidious than what it appears. I couldn't find the actual rule to verify this (been out of the law game for 17 years, and didn't practice before the Supreme Court anyway), but my memory from law school was that only four votes were needed to accept a cert petition. Which would imply that at least one of the four more conservative justices did not vote in favor. Hopefully, someone on the forum can enlighten us further.
GoodDoctor

Postby Lumpy on Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:17 pm

Dayum. :badmood:

Imagine if over 150 years after the ratification of the Thirteenth Amendment, just somehow- by some justification or rationalization- black people were still being forced to work or be bullwhipped.
Lumpy

Postby Ghost on Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:51 pm

GoodDoctor wrote:
Ghost wrote:

These rejections may be more insidious than what it appears. I couldn't find the actual rule to verify this (been out of the law game for 17 years, and didn't practice before the Supreme Court anyway), but my memory from law school was that only four votes were needed to accept a cert petition. Which would imply that at least one of the four more conservative justices did not vote in favor. Hopefully, someone on the forum can enlighten us further.

It’s been said before that if the 4 conservatives don’t feel they have the fifth vote lined up they won’t vote to accept it. We need RBG to kickoff and be replaced by a true conservative to test this theory.
Ghost

Postby LarryP on Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:17 pm

No time left to get a conservative judge in there if she did leave. Dems would lock it up and then trump is gone in January
LarryP

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:09 pm

LarryP wrote:No time left to get a conservative judge in there if she did leave. Dems would lock it up and then trump is gone in January

How is Trump gone in January?
Holland&Holland

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:43 pm

Mail in ballots. Character assassination. The economy is held in check to make the administration look ineffective. Marxist bullying.

I'm sure I could come up with more if I thought about it. It is all out war. Kruschev's predicted will come true......

The righteous are muffled by the tyranny of political correctness and virtue signaling. White guilt is real and ignorance and misery are strong levers for the skillful deceivers to pull.

The educational system has been priming the pump for years. Add the "everyone gets a trophy " mental slap when young, soft headed, mommy and daddy's couch sittersget when the the real world doesn't work like middle school athletics--- there is some real anger and thirst for "justice ". Good fuel for the brainwashed useful idiots/foot soldiers.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Next

Return to Politics