Can someone refresh my memory on the MN Gun Rights group?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Can someone refresh my memory on the MN Gun Rights group?

Postby Erud on Wed May 11, 2022 4:38 pm

The Dorr brothers thing. I remember hearing that this was a scam of some sort, but don't recall the details. This came up in conversation today when a friend told me that he supported them and heard that MN GOC was the scam, so I attempted to set him straight. Any specifics or details about these guys would be helpful. Web search turns up pages like "MN Scammers Exposed" , which don't stand out as super reputable sources. Thanks!
Erud

Re: Can someone refresh my memory on the MN Gun Rights group?

Postby xd ED on Wed May 11, 2022 5:11 pm

I suspect the dorr bros profit immensely from such confusion.
From what I have seen, the dorr bros show up at our capitol, discredit the legitimate grass roots efforts, piss off local politicians, do a pr video, and head south with other people's money.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=dorr+bros+scam&ia=web

https://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Iowa-lawmaker-calls-Iowa-Gun-Owners-group-a-scam-418712193.html

They have branched out into similar pro-life, and covid related scams
https://www.dorrbrotherscams.com/

It's inconvenient that their names are similar to Robb Doar, the lobbyist for the legitimate MN Gun Owners Caucus.

Hope some of the above helps get your friend's mind right.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Erud on Wed May 11, 2022 6:12 pm

Thanks Ed, I’ll check those out and forward to my buddy.
Erud

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu May 12, 2022 6:45 am

Ed’s got you pointed in the right direction. There is no body fighting harder locally for our gun rights that the Mn gun owners caucus.
Holland&Holland

Postby BigBlue on Thu May 12, 2022 12:12 pm

The Dorrknobs rally support by telling folks that "we work differently... we confront elected officials and pressure them to do what we want". And some folks buy into that and think it's the greatest way to drive political change. They fail to understand that true political influence comes from working closely with political allies and partnering to drive the change within the boundaries of what it feasible, not from being the squeaky, demanding, irritating wheel throwing out ultimatums to just get attention. They end up hurting the cause more than helping. Both by siphoning off donations that would be better spent on more effective advocacy as well as from making enemies in politics.
BigBlue

Postby bstrawse on Thu May 12, 2022 2:41 pm

Erud wrote:The Dorr brothers thing. I remember hearing that this was a scam of some sort, but don't recall the details. This came up in conversation today when a friend told me that he supported them and heard that MN GOC was the scam, so I attempted to set him straight. Any specifics or details about these guys would be helpful. Web search turns up pages like "MN Scammers Exposed" , which don't stand out as super reputable sources. Thanks!

I'd love to hear exactly what it is that we're scamming over here at the Gun Owners Caucus? :)
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Erud on Thu May 12, 2022 3:41 pm

bstrawse wrote:
Erud wrote:The Dorr brothers thing. I remember hearing that this was a scam of some sort, but don't recall the details. This came up in conversation today when a friend told me that he supported them and heard that MN GOC was the scam, so I attempted to set him straight. Any specifics or details about these guys would be helpful. Web search turns up pages like "MN Scammers Exposed" , which don't stand out as super reputable sources. Thanks!

I'd love to hear exactly what it is that we're scamming over here at the Gun Owners Caucus? :)
b

Yeah, that's what I said. I told him that you guys are actively at the capital getting stuff done while the other clowns are known charlatans. We'll get him turned around, just needed some harder facts than what I could remember during the conversation!
Erud

Postby bstrawse on Sat May 14, 2022 8:22 am

Here's a full list of our activities and results over the past few years -- there's also our news page, etc...

https://gunowners.mn/about/activites-results/

Hope this helps :)

Thanks!
Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Return to Politics