Biden Executive Orders re. firearms

Firearms related political discussion forum

Biden Executive Orders re. firearms

Postby Lumpy on Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:45 pm

I'm finding this to be surprisingly difficult to dig out of the mountains of tailings on the subject:

What exactly has President Biden ordered re. firearms?
    What does what Biden ordered actually effectively mean?
    What if anything is the interplay between the ongoing BATFE regulations and what Biden added?

A summary of just what's going on would be very helpful. Thank you.
Lumpy

Re: Biden Executive Orders re. firearms

Postby Jackpine Savage on Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:56 pm

Mrgunsngear does a pretty good summary of these kind of things.

Jackpine Savage

Postby Lumpy on Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:03 pm

Thanks! Okay, the points I'm taking away from this are:

1. 1:20 Background checks: the ATF will be instructed to go after anyone they choose to define as an "unlicensed dealer".
2. 3:30 Increased federal propaganda for Red Flag and Safe Storage laws.
3. 5:05 Try to decrease the theft rate of guns and firearms during shipping- caused in the first place by requiring shippers to put "steal me first!" labels on such shipments. :roll:
4. 7:21 Not sure, other than maybe an attempt to squeeze more small-time FFL holders out of business, and/or create de facto registries.
5. 8:23 Expand the push against "improper marketing" of firearms, and increase the scope for lawsuits against firearms manufacturers.
6. 9:20 Lay the groundwork for making 3D-printing of guns flatly illegal. Doesn't matter if the guns produced actually can be detected by metal detectors, just that they could be made using polymers.
Lumpy

Postby daleamn on Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:49 am

Lumpy--a very good question. I did a cursory look at news articles and just gave up on trying to understand it.
Jackpine--thanks for posting the link. The video did a great job of explaining this to me. It's about 14 minutes long but well worth the effort to watch it and understand it.
Also thanks Lumpy for your point by point summary.
daleamn

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:47 pm

Lumpy wrote:Thanks! Okay, the points I'm taking away from this are:

1. 1:20 Background checks: the ATF will be instructed to go after anyone they choose to define as an "unlicensed dealer".
2. 3:30 Increased federal propaganda for Red Flag and Safe Storage laws.
3. 5:05 Try to decrease the theft rate of guns and firearms during shipping- caused in the first place by requiring shippers to put "steal me first!" labels on such shipments. :roll:
4. 7:21 Not sure, other than maybe an attempt to squeeze more small-time FFL holders out of business, and/or create de facto registries.
5. 8:23 Expand the push against "improper marketing" of firearms, and increase the scope for lawsuits against firearms manufacturers.
6. 9:20 Lay the groundwork for making 3D-printing of guns flatly illegal. Doesn't matter if the guns produced actually can be detected by metal detectors, just that they could be made using polymers.

Very close...

1) You are no longer allowed to sell firearms private party if you vote conservative because you WILL be found to be an unlicensed dealer. (i.e. how the IRS has now been weaponized).
2) Wait until federal funding for programs will be impacted if your state does not have such laws. (hint that is not far behind this)
3) Make it such a head ache for typical carriers to ship guns that they will opt out.
4) That's a bingo!
5) Think tobacco
6) Ground work laid, now it will be and will be enforced.
Holland&Holland

Return to Politics