Rally to Defend the 2nd Amendment - March 25, 2023

Firearms related political discussion forum

Rally to Defend the 2nd Amendment - March 25, 2023

Postby warrlac on Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:39 am

In case you haven't been paying attention, both houses of the Minnesota Legislature and the Governor's office are controlled by the DFL. Since November, the DFL aggressively pursued all the policy objectives it has been prevented from doing before (by virtue of a few sane people in previous legislative sessions). They are actively ramrodding Anti-Gunowner legislation through the House & Senate. Ron Latz, John Marty, Melissa Hortman and DFL friends have essentially commandeered Minnesota government and are pushing their anti-Christian, anti-American agenda on Minnesotans. This includes massive anti-gun legislation that is contrary to logic and public safety.

Taken from the MNGOC website -- This is an event that I plan on attending and I hope that you will also.

Join the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus for a Rally to Defend the 2nd Amendment in the Minnesota State Capitol Rotunda on Saturday, March 25th, 2023 from 12:00PM – 2:00PM. Doors will open at 11:30AM.

This year, we face an anti-gun DFL trifecta holding control in the Minnesota Senate, the House, and the Governor’s mansion. They ran on a strong platform of gun control and have promised to take immediate action in the upcoming legislation session.

Groups like Michael Bloomberg’s “Everytown” and “Moms Demand Action” spent millions of dollars to bring their out-of-state funded anti-gun politics to the door of the Minnesota legislature.

We expect to see extreme anti-gun bills like Senator John Marty’s “Repeal the Second Amendment in Minnesota” bills and Omnibus Gun Control bills – including registration, gun owner licensing, liability insurance requirements, bans on commonly owned rifles and shotguns, and magazine bans.

We need to keep up the pressure all throughout the entire legislative session to stop gun control in its tracks.

What better way than to have thousands of law-abiding gun owners rally to make sure their voices are heard?

We will have speakers from all over the gun rights movement here in Minnesota, including elected officials.

Timeline

11:30 AM: Doors open
12:00 PM – 2:00 PM: Rally
We’re holding the event on a Saturday so that folks that work during the week can attend – and indoors so that we can avoid any weather challenges in March.

RSVP BELOW, SAVE THE DATE and SPREAD THE WORD.

Note: You may carry a handgun at the State Capitol Complex as long as you have a valid Minnesota Permit to Carry. Long-gun carry inside the buildings is prohibited by statute. We recommend carrying concealed. Flag poles & signs on a stick are prohibited. Signs and flags are welcome, however – but must be carried by hand. We will have Caucus signs available.

We hope to see you there!
warrlac

Re: Rally to Defend the 2nd Amendment - March 25, 2023

Postby xd ED on Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:50 pm

:bravo: :cheers: :thankyou:
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Jackpine Savage on Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:55 pm

As much as I hate going down there...... I will be there along with a buddy.
Jackpine Savage

Postby bstrawse on Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:45 am

I'll be there!
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby BuckKlier on Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:06 am

I could not make it, How big was the turn out?
BuckKlier

Postby Jackpine Savage on Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:31 am

I was there. It was disappointingly low. I remember the rally in 2013? where there were a couple thousand.
Jackpine Savage

Postby xd ED on Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:02 am

Jackpine Savage wrote:I was there. It was disappointingly low. I remember the rally in 2013? where there were a couple thousand.

I agree. I believe the last one was...'19.
The main floor was packed, overflowing, and the balcony was 5 deep.
A fraction of that yesterday.
Too bad; those who skipped it missed a good program.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Jackpine Savage on Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:23 am

The buddy that was with me yesterday was speculating that everyone thinks there is nothing to worry about after Bruen. If so, they must not understand the cost of lawyers and the years it will take. That's if the Dems don't manage to change the makeup of the Supreme Court.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Zarthan on Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:13 am

Brian, My son tells me that on your facebook page it was not really obvious there was a rally after I asked him to come with.

the 3 of us were there, it was a bit disappointing on the attendance. Met some nice ladies from the Rochester area.

Saw a lot Libertarian party signs, I get that a lot of our State and Fed Reps are basically Rinos but I feel that voting Libertarian may just take from Republicans to the benefit of the Dems.

“Perfect is the enemy of good.”
― Voltaire
Zarthan

Postby warrlac on Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:16 am

Report on the Rally --

Considering that on February 17th, the Protect Minnesota rally for "common sense" gun legislation drew a little more than 100 people, yesterday's rally demonstrated that Minnesotans with actual common sense are being mobilized to stand up to harmful and crazy anti-gun legislation. I'm not good at guessing crowd size but I was on the main floor and counted well over 200 from just where I stood (and there were A LOT more folks on the 2nd & 3rd levels). Here are the takeaways:

- None of the DFL bills will have any affect on gun crime in Minnesota.
- Criminals who do not follow the law will follow exactly zero of the proposed legislation just as they violate our existing laws.
- The criminal-friendly prosecutors offices and no punishment judicial system are the real reasons for gun violence in Minnesota.
- These bills as well as ALL of the DFL's proposals are actually aimed squarely at the 2nd Amendment & taking firearms away from US Citizens. Period.
- The DFL believes that it has a mandate from the people to ramrod its policies into law. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

The MNGOC did a fantastic job of organizing the rally on a shoestring budget. I highly encourage everyone who cares about his matter to donate generously.

I'm still calling out our big gun dealers and shooting range owners as it seems that they are happy to take our money but silent when we ask for a tiny bit our their significant profits to fund resistance to anti-gun owner legislation. You know who you are.
Last edited by warrlac on Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
warrlac

Postby bstrawse on Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:12 pm

warrlac wrote:Report on the Rally --

Considering that on February 17th, the Protect Minnesota rally for "common sense" gun legislation drew a little more than 100 people, yesterday's rally demonstrated that Minnesotans with actual common sense are being mobilized to stand up to harmful and crazy anti-gun legislation. I'm not good at guessing crowd size but I was on the main floor and got counted over 200 from where I stood toward the front (and there were A LOT more folks on the 2nd & 3rd levels). Here are the takeaways:

- None of the DFL bills will have any affect on gun crime in Minnesota.
- Criminals who do not follow the law will follow exactly zero of the proposed legislation just as they violate our existing laws.
- The criminal-friendly prosecutors offices and no punishment judicial system are the real reasons for gun violence in Minnesota.
- These bills as well as ALL of the DFL's proposals are actually aimed squarely at the 2nd Amendment & taking firearms away from US Citizens. Period.
- The DFL believes that it has a mandate from the people to ramrod its policies into law. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

The MNGOC did a fantastic job of organizing the rally on a shoestring budget. I highly encourage everyone who cares about his matter to donate generously.

I'm still calling out our big gun dealers and shooting range owners as it seems that they are happy to take our money but silent when we ask for a tiny bit our their significant profits to fund resistance to anti-gun owner legislation. You know who you are.

Our estimate was around a thousand total -- the last rally in 2019 we had a good count of about 1250. The last outdoor rally we did in 2018 we estimated 1700-2000.

It was a great event overall - thanks to everyone who made it out!
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby bstrawse on Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:13 pm

Zarthan wrote:Brian, My son tells me that on your facebook page it was not really obvious there was a rally after I asked him to come with.

the 3 of us were there, it was a bit disappointing on the attendance. Met some nice ladies from the Rochester area.

Saw a lot Libertarian party signs, I get that a lot of our State and Fed Reps are basically Rinos but I feel that voting Libertarian may just take from Republicans to the benefit of the Dems.

“Perfect is the enemy of good.”
― Voltaire

We promoted the rally with a post nearly every week from when we announced it in January, including 5-6 emails to our mailing list, multiple other social media posts and videos. Not everyone notices ;)

Open to other ideas on promotion, we'll do another in 2024.
b
bstrawse

Postby daleamn on Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:14 pm

Not to make excuses, (says Dale, as he makes excuses) but many of us don't want to go to downtown St. Paul or downtown Minneapolis. Just don't want to become a member of the "Community Car Club"---their motto: "Need a car? TAKE a car! Got Glock? You're Good To Go!!!")

We should probably make up for it by increasing our donations, which we can do from home.
daleamn

Postby warrlac on Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:52 pm

daleamn wrote:Not to make excuses, (says Dale, as he makes excuses) but many of us don't want to go to downtown St. Paul or downtown Minneapolis. Just don't want to become a member of the "Community Car Club"---their motto: "Need a car? TAKE a car! Got Glock? You're Good To Go!!!")

We should probably make up for it by increasing our donations, which we can do from home.

Agreed. I refuse to patronize any business or place (like Target Field for example) that resides within either city limit (St. Paul or Minneapolis). I sorely miss the food at Fogo de Chao or taking in a game with a beer & food at Kieran's Irish Pub, however my spending money there would be an endorsement of the criminal-friendly, police hostile policies that both city governments have adopted. (C'mon, they paid George Floyd's family 27 million dollars before there was even a formal lawsuit filed).

My only exception to the above is travelling to/from the state capitol. I can go armed (at the present time) and it is easy to have situational awareness in the lot where I park.

Our lawmakers need to know that the noisy, vocal complainers are NOT the majority of their constituents. The only way to do that is to tell them in person, by phone and by letter/email.
warrlac

Postby xd ED on Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:30 pm

daleamn wrote:Not to make excuses, (says Dale, as he makes excuses) but many of us don't want to go to downtown St. Paul or downtown Minneapolis. Just don't want to become a member of the "Community Car Club"---their motto: "Need a car? TAKE a car! Got Glock? You're Good To Go!!!")

Other than when I was summoned to the Ramsey County Court House, around 2018, for jury duty,
or my one tour the length of Lake St, following the mostly peaceful riots, I haven't spent time (or money), in either downtown.
I have passed on many dinner invitations, and several good concerts.
Security , and the aforementioned politics are the reasons.

As to Saturday at the Capitol, there was an abundant presence of both SPPD, and MSP/ Capitol Security; both on the Capitol grounds, and patrolling the former Sear's lot where I parked. Other than not being real certain it was OK to park where I (and many others) parked, I had no concerns, given the presence of LE, and the steady stream of rally attendees always nearby, that like myself, appeared to be armed.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Next

Return to Politics