Tulsi Gabbard on the Second Amendment

Firearms related political discussion forum

Tulsi Gabbard on the Second Amendment

Postby jdege on Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:33 pm

Gabbard is making a concerted effort to reach out to pro-gun conservatives. Decrying her anti-gun legislative record.

You all are the folks she's trying to convince. Is it working?
jdege

Re: Tulsi Gabbard on the Second Amendment

Postby atomic41 on Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:04 pm

Nope!

Do not trust her.
atomic41

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:05 pm

Snake in the grass. RINO! Another mark kemp.
Bearcatrp

Postby jdege on Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:16 pm

What would she need to do, to change your minds?
jdege

Postby xd ED on Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:55 am

jdege wrote:What would she need to do, to change your minds?

Good question (for which I have no answer); she does say the right words in this video....
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:56 am

Sorry, I don't trust her either.

What would she have to do to change my mind?

Stand against gun control. Even when it's politically difficult to do so.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby atomic41 on Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:38 am

Please go look up her voting record. Then ask yourself if you would trust her. This is not meant to be an attack on you, just trying to stimulate deeper thinking. You are asking about a person that has spent the bulk of her career using her power to dismantle your civil rights. She now tours around talking about she has changed.

If I'm shopping for a babysitter and come across someone who is offering their services, but is a convicted child molester...do I trust them? I mean, they say great things about how they are reformed so it should be ok right?

It's simple. Actions speak louder than words. She is a trojan horse just like the communist that posts on this forum. The world is in a hot mess because good people that mean well trust bad people and give them power. Stop the trend if you want things to get better.
atomic41

Postby jdege on Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:57 pm

jdege

Postby Lumpy on Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:10 pm

Lumpy

Postby ashes on Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:15 pm

Of course I'll believer her; after she stands with the Founding Fathers amid conflict, and takes a beating from her former allies because she stood on principle.

Until then - I'm all stocked up on politicians courting every person of every persuasion.
ashes

Postby Sorcerer on Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:49 pm

If her lips are moving, she is lying.
Sorcerer

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:01 pm

atomic41 wrote:

Please go look up her voting record. Then ask yourself if you would trust her. This is not meant to be an attack on you, just trying to stimulate deeper thinking. You are asking about a person that has spent the bulk of her career using her power to dismantle your civil rights. She now tours around talking about she has changed.

If I'm shopping for a babysitter and come across someone who is offering their services, but is a convicted child molester...do I trust them? I mean, they say great things about how they are reformed so it should be ok right?

It's simple. Actions speak louder than words. She is a trojan horse just like the communist that posts on this forum. The world is in a hot mess because good people that mean well trust bad people and give them power. Stop the trend if you want things to get better.

To be fair, he is far from a Trojan horse unless instead of hiding inside it the Greeks rode on its back all the way into Troy.
Holland&Holland

Postby atomic41 on Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
atomic41 wrote:

To be fair, he is far from a Trojan horse unless instead of hiding inside it the Greeks rode on its back all the way into Troy.

Well I didn't say he was good at it, but rest assured he's playing his part to the best of his abilities.
atomic41

Postby jdege on Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 pm

I'm interested in the effectiveness of her politics.

She's clearly reaching out to the gun rights crowd and to Trump supporters. Either positioning herself for 2028 or looking for a VP nod.

I'm wondering whether it's working.

Gun nuts tend to have long memories, and are unforgiving. Politicians generally don't and aren't.

I remember talking to one of Stanek's campaign managers, back when he was Hennepin County Sheriff. He was really trying to understand why the gun rights crowd was so lukewarm with regard to him.

Stanek had been the author of the Shall-issue bill, when he was in the legislature, in several sessions. He'd been by-the-book with regard to permit issuance, as Sheriff.

But he'd been Commissioner of Public Safety, when the shall-issue bill finally passed, and he'd been in charge when his department completely ignored the text of the statute in determining which other states' permits Minnesota would recognize. And gun owners remembered.
jdege

Return to Politics