Nick Coleman's Digital Diarrhea

Firearms related political discussion forum

Nick Coleman's Digital Diarrhea

Postby xd ED on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:26 pm

What if they gave a debate about guns in society and there were no guns in the room?

Minnesota may never know what that would look like.

Last week’s series of hearings in the Minnesota State Capitol on legislation to reduce gun violence had an unintended and unforeseen outcome: Guns in society wasn’t the most pressing issue. Guns in the Capitol was.

Hundreds of gun owners who opposed most of the proposals heard by the House Public Safety Committee swarmed the Capitol corridors and hearing rooms, out-organizing and, it turned out, out-gunning proponents of gun safety, who were heavily out-numbered. What’s more, an uncertain number of gun-control opponents, taking advantage of an obscure and dubious provision in the state’s gun laws, brought their guns with them to the hearings.

The presence of so much heavy metal affected the mood of the hearings, the comportment of legislators and, in the end, suppressed the chance to have an open, wide-ranging, unfettered debate or discussion about what kind of gun laws a civil society should have in a time of mass shootings and psychosis that has left a trail of dead teachers, students, movie-goers, office workers and cops from one end of the country to the other....

Full Article at: http://www.theuptake.org/2013/02/14/gun-fight-can-minnesota-have-a-fair-gun-debate-at-gunpoint/#more-60608
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Re: Nick Coleman's Digital Diarrhea

Postby bstrawse on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:35 pm

I truly thought that was an article at the Onion.
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby xd9 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:41 pm

What a dbag! He obviously wasn't there. I was and I think it was a perfect example of how the system works.
xd9

Postby sgruenhagen44 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:49 pm

wow. Yes cuz I am sure everyone at the capitol had guns drawn and were pointing them at every democrat in sight. Right?
sgruenhagen44

Postby greenfarmer on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:10 am

You have to love how there's no "contact" section on that article. I couldn't find anywhere where you can contact nick coleman himself, and let him know how full of cow pie he really is... you have to love the title of the article... "Can Minnesota have a fair gun debate at gunpoint"... What an idiotic title to an article. People who write articles like that are the ones you would like to see be put into a situation where they sure wish they could exercise their 2nd amendment, but had it taken away. People like that can't see beyond their nose. They don't understand how bad things could be if you take away the 2nd amendment of law abiding citizens. The 2nd amendment doesn't mean a hill of dirt to people with illegal guns, or criminals who attain illegal guns.

Idiots don't understand just because you have a conceal and carry, and your out an about somewhere, that it doesn't mean you have any right to shoot someone!

How does that douche bag know that quite possibly maybe someone there, who is all for these gun bans, wasn't there with a gun, and thinking of making an example to really show that we need a ban by going in there, half wacked, and starting a shooting, but because law abiding citizens who have their conceal and carry were there with their guns, protecting themselves, and the capital, made that wack job rethink his plan and decide against it? How does he not know that maybe everyone there that's for protecting the 2nd amendment and our rights didn't foil a massacre just because of their presence? Think about that Nick Coleman!
greenfarmer

Location: kinda by the SW Metro, but a little further out in the sticks.

Postby 20mm on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:20 am

Coleman is the eldest child of the late Nicholas D. (Nick) Coleman, who served as majority leader of the Minnesota Senate from 1973 to 1981, and Bridget Finnegan. He is also the oldest brother and godfather of Mayor Chris Coleman of St. Paul and was the stepson of Deborah Howell, ombudsman for the Washington Post. Howell was editor of the Pioneer Press when Coleman was hired there in 1986.

Coleman was educated in Catholic schools in St. Paul, and at the University of Minnesota, where he was editor-in-chief of the student newspaper, The Minnesota Daily. Coleman is six feet tall and has a concealed handgun carry permit. His second wife is freelance writer and former Pioneer Press columnist Laura Billings (born 1967). The couple have three children.

I thought this was a joke, but apparently it's not: http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/vi ... ck+coleman
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Postby photogpat on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:44 am

Based on his own comments about getting a MN Carry Permit is 2008, he's expired unless he did a renewal.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby sansooshooter on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:47 am

Politically connected hacks like Coleman will always be able to have a CCW . After all he carries all that water for the governing class!
sansooshooter

Postby Greg on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:04 am

Cut and pasted from the other forum (thanks tman065)...

Nick Coleman wrote:
"The presence of so much heavy metal affected the mood of the hearings"...

Nick Coleman wrote:
"But, as I have argued elsewhere, allowing guns in the Capitol — Minnesota is one of only nine states to do so — makes for a tragedy that is waiting to happen.

And not because of militant gun owners who have permits. They may be the least of the worries."

Well, Nick...which is it? Can't have it both ways.
Diesel Boats and tube radios forever!
Greg

Postby xd ED on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:07 am

Coleman has a long history of illogical and phobic rants.
For at least the past decade that I've seen or heard from him, he's seems to have gone off the deep end in terms of logic, reason, and credibility.
I think he's been fired from, or at least encouraged to leave every paying job he's ever had.

Some of his classics I recall are his newspaper column, which was a narative about walking into a gunshop, and actually BUY an AK-47. This was in the aftermath of the Stockton Calif Schoolyard Shooting in Jan 1989, as the shooter used a similar AK variant.
The gist of the story was that he bought the gun, took it home, soiled himself looking at it. The returned it to the gun store.

My favorite Coleman rant was when he had a short gig on KSTP AM. He went off about his mini-van being stolen. I would love to have an audio of that because he was absolutely foaming at the mouth about it, and probably advocating capital punishment for the offender. He was pretty upset that a car thief would come down HIS alley, and break into HIS vehicle.

As far as contacting him-I heard about the posted article on the radio, where the host said he saw it on twitter.
I don't do twitters, but I did see at least one local instructor/ advocate posted a reply in an attempt to school the erroneous Comrade Nickolass
ETA: Spelling correction
Last edited by xd ED on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby ex-LT on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:38 am

photogpat wrote:Based on his own comments about getting a MN Carry Permit is 2008, he's expired unless he did a renewal.

Not necessarily. Depending on when in 2008 he got the permit, he could still have up to 10 months left on it.

That said, I gave up reading him years ago. His columns only served two purposes - raising my blood pressure and lowing my IQ. He's as asinine as his younger brother.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby JustMe on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:33 pm

Coleman wrote in a Strib column that he had also purchased a M10/11 style pistol (the MAC10/11 semi lookalike) at an Anoka armory gun show and took it to a so-called "Buy-Back" or handed it in to a police precinct office as well. It may have been after the Columbine shootings.
JustMe

Postby chunkstyle on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:25 pm

I like how he compared the banners to the Iranians.
"In his library at Simi Valley, dead Reagan waits dreaming"
chunkstyle

Postby goett047 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:51 am

I personally believe that anytime lawmakers want to have a discussion about infringing on any constitutional right, it needs to be at gunpoint. At least until they learn their place.
goett047

Postby Hanns on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:13 pm

Nick Coleman wrote:
"The presence of so much heavy metal affected the mood of the hearings".

Were they playing "Slayer" at the hearing? Was it "South of Heaven" or "Seasons in the Abyss"? Man, I need to attend some of these hearings it sounds like...
Hanns

Return to Politics