Rothman called out by name on Protect MN Facebook

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Rothman called out by name on Protect MN Facebook

Postby MaryB on Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:07 pm

And being allowed modern full auto that are federally legal

Pat Cannon wrote:
PhilaBOR wrote:Protect MN is right: I'm a gun owner and I support common sense reforms:
1. If I can buy a Desert Eagle or AR pistol without a tax stamp, I should be able to buy an SBR or an SBS without a stamp and LEO permission.
2. I should be able to buy a can without the NFA BS so I don't ruin my ears.
3. Disarmed victim zones should be illegal as they violate the basic human right of self defense.

I think you nailed it right there, except you forgot constitutional carry.
MaryB

Postby MaryB on Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:52 pm

Gee what are they afraid of on their facebook page. I made a couple comments with data and links to the latest CDC study by Obama and they were deleted. Liberals = cowards afraid to discuss things, they only want back patting by the sheeple who agree with them.
MaryB

Postby Pat Cannon on Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:13 pm

MaryB wrote:
Pat Cannon wrote:
PhilaBOR wrote:Protect MN is right: I'm a gun owner and I support common sense reforms:
1. If I can buy a Desert Eagle or AR pistol without a tax stamp, I should be able to buy an SBR or an SBS without a stamp and LEO permission.
2. I should be able to buy a can without the NFA BS so I don't ruin my ears.
3. Disarmed victim zones should be illegal as they violate the basic human right of self defense.

I think you nailed it right there, except you forgot constitutional carry.
And being allowed modern full auto that are federally legal

Also common sense, you are correct.
Pat Cannon

Rothman called out by name on Protect MN Facebook

Postby ZardozCZ on Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:13 pm

Citiot wrote:Personally, being primarily a DFL voter, all of this effort by the anti gun crowd is pushing me to the right for the next election. In fact, I've increased my gun collection significantly.

It is likely that the anti gun people are monitoring this forum.... Antis take note: I am not the only liberal person who is rethinking their affiliation. Think about it.... it is likely the conservative party will gain two votes (my wife and I) and the liberal party will lose two votes.

Citiot

I vote issues not by party, and the Constitution is very worth protecting. I'd sworn an oath to do so when I enlisted, whether on the field of battle or the polling booth, with no expiration date. I will be voting pro 2a!
ZardozCZ

Postby XDM45 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:23 am

A gun is an inanimate object and therefore cannot be violent. People are what can be violent and as such, are the real source of any given problem. However, no politician is going to try and control the human condition and the nature of humans to want to kill each other since that can't really be controlled, it's easier to deflect the blame onto an onject and then attempt to control humankind through banning that item.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby Lumpy on Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:32 pm

ZardozCZ wrote:I vote issues not by party, and the Constitution is very worth protecting. I'd sworn an oath to do so when I enlisted, whether on the field of battle or the polling booth, with no expiration date. I will be voting pro 2a!

If only that was always possible. For the most part your practical choice boils down to a Republican who is either a flat-out RINO or values gun rights at about eighth or ninth on the priority list; or else an urban Democrat who is openly in favor of gun control. The 2nd Amendment at least until recently has been an orphan issue politically, and I think L. Neil Smith said why best:
Make no mistake: all politicians -- even those ostensibly on the side of guns and gun ownership -- hate the issue and anyone, like me, who insists on bringing it up. They hate it because it's an X-ray machine. It's a Vulcan mind-meld. It's the ultimate test to which any politician -- or political philosophy -- can be put.
Lumpy

Previous

Return to Politics