NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Re: Feb. 8 peace rally at the Capitol.

Postby JJ on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:37 pm

Anyone passing thru the Anoka/Blaine area? looking to carpool
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby Snakeman721 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:18 pm

futbol79 wrote:After a sleepless night, I am taking 3 vacation days to testify and to be at the Friday Rally.

I'll be there during the day Tuesday - and Wednesday, plus Friday to be at the Rally.

If our effort is not successful, I will need to take many days off to sell and/or transfer my firearms to keep out of jail.

I have not done anything wrong, but I feel like I am being looked at as being guilty person. This really stinks.

Is there something special I need to do if I would like to testify in these hearings?

People - THE FRIDAY RALLY IS VERY IMPORTANT - the president is flying in on monday to politic for gun control. WE NEED TO COUNTER THAT ON FRIDAY!

Jim

IF this crap passes...IF.......I will NOT be selling off my collection. Why? I'm sure there will be lawsuits shortly thereafter calling out the unconstitutionality of these asinine laws. Nope, I'll just rent a climate controlled locker over in WI and store my "illegal" guns or magazines there till I can retire in 5 years and then MOVE out of this pantywaist state. WY, TX, and OK are looking pretty good right now.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby tabberski on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:51 pm

Lots of parking spaces in the Sears parking lot.
tabberski

Postby Spartan on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:01 pm

several planning to attend from post 435
Spartan

Postby BigBlue on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:29 pm

tabberski wrote:Lots of parking spaces in the Sears parking lot.

Can you get away with parking there and walking over without getting towed?
BigBlue

Postby Boombutton on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:53 pm

I will be attending friday!
Boombutton

Postby Am1280 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:43 pm

Am1280 was promoting the rally that is part of a national event by 2nd right for this Friday February 8th. We learned today that the organizer did not get a permit, and did not have a PA system to address the crowd.  We had nothing to do with organizing it so we can’t cancel it but I don’t know what the agenda will be if any on Friday.

I still plan on going to show my support personally but for those of you that are driving hours to attend please take into consideration that at this point there are not organized speakers or detailed plans for this event unfortunately.
Am1280

Postby 870TC on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:56 pm

I'm seeing this message on MNGOCRA Facebook page.

The rally that was halfway planned for Friday has been cancelled.

Representative Paymar scheduled his gun control bills for the three days before the date. Dividing people's priorities between the two would have been a bad idea.

AM 1280 - The Patriot tried to do a good thing to help out, but there was no real leadership for the local rally. Here's a hint: these things don't just happen. Michael Rieschl worked for a solid week to get the last one set up, and he got help from, literally, a couple dozen people to make it successful.

Seriously, pep rallies are fun and inspiring, and the real work of activism isn't, but if you haven't seen the inside of your senator and rep's office yet, you're skipping your strongest tool.

++++++AND this post from Twitter:

Long story short, I got a permit today. Not going to be an event like the 19th but a gathering regardless.

Being as people are traveling from all over to not only come for Friday, but have made plans to come to the hearing on Thursday as well.

There will be people at the Capitol on Friday. Not everyone follows Facebook and being 1280 has been promoting for a month, a lot of people are intending on being there due lack of notice of a cancellation.

Again, there will be a permit for Friday.
This way no one can be arrested or get in trouble in case 1000 people never get on Facebook.

This will NOT be an organized event like Jan 19ths.

We made our point on January 19th. Now we need to get to the real work.

Come to one of the hearings Thursday if you can. If you can't, make some appointments and go see your legislators next week.
870TC

Postby CIBOIF on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:34 pm

Wow, no one put out the call for a person to step forward and lead this rally? :oops: Now there is confusion that the rally is cancelled but yet it is still on? there has been no clarification on Facebook about what was on the Twitter feed. Now will be the time when the news media will show up and cover the story in great detail and while we have a dismal showing of people and no program. :( I appreciate what some of these organizations are doing but this is just disappointing. We could have finished really strong on Friday, now not so much.... :roll:
CIBOIF

Postby goda0301 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:47 pm

i know of at 12 people going, 4 car pooling with myself. I have a PA system i can bring, nothing huge but it makes noise. I find it hard to believe that there isnt a local DJ and that would donate his services for an hour. it pisses me off that GORCA is whinning that they dont want people to attend on friday. "Dividing people's priorities between the two would have been a bad idea." thats a bullschit lib statement!! perhaps all the button and tshirt money from the last 2 days has already gone to there heads. They could and should be encourging everyone and anyone that cares about there rights to get the ass down there anytime.
last time i checked its a free country, if its not orginized i dont give of phuck. Ill be there along with many others. these A-holes are voting on this crap at the end of this month, we need to come together and bury these anti-american ass clowns.
goda0301

Postby shineyblite on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Myself and at least two friends of mine used vacation time for the Friday rally. Now there is no rally?
shineyblite

Postby Mn01r6 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:16 pm

If there is not a rally, go visit your rep and senators office. If not there, leave a handwritten note saying you oppose all gun legislation.
Mn01r6

Feb. 8 peace rally at the Capitol.

Postby adoptedson on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:26 pm

goda0301,

If I were you, I'd try and get in touch with the permit holder and let them know you have access to a PA. Maybe they can still piece together some sort of program.

IMHO This event needs to happen still. We need to take a page out of the lib's playbook and flood the Capitol. (Recent events in Madison WI come to mind.)

Someone at least secured a permit now for sure, so I'd still encourage everyone to go. My wife and I are still going. It's a national event that's been getting actual promotion from a fairly popular talk radio station locally. Turnout could be larger than the 19th.
adoptedson

Postby bobbydamit on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:24 am

Mn01r6 wrote:If there is not a rally, go visit your rep and senators office. If not there, leave a handwritten note saying you oppose all gun legislation.

This is better than complaining. Show up, do something constructive instead of complaining. It is the reason these guys change their minds, personal contact. I know, I have done this for 40 years and talk is cheap, takes money to buy whiskey and face to face visits to change minds. 8-)
"The Devil Made Me Do It."
Geraldine
bobbydamit

PreviousNext

Return to Politics