What IS the Actual Distribution of Wealth?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: What IS the Actual Distribution of Wealth?

Postby NMRMN on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:07 pm

St. Olaf wrote:
You say that people will now go and access care normally? I doubt it. Some will. Most won't. In fact, most will be too lazy to get the government insurance until they are sick and then it will be up to the hospitals to provide them with a social worker to do that for them.

Excuses like that are why the Republicans say we should do nothing.

We WILL do something.

:flag:

(-.-) zzZZ
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Postby St. Olaf on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:08 pm

I have been gotten up at 3 AM to do an "Emergency" pap smear, I kid you not. I was not happy, but I did it. And no, it was not someone paying their own bill. Her excuse was that it was the only time that her boyfriend could get her to the hospital.

That would be a pretty rare accomplishment......and that one anecdote really doesn't change anything, does it.

Also......would she have gotten that care in Mississippi.......or anywhere even slightly less accommodating than here?

That anecdote may be one in a million in the big picture.

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will end up plowing for those who didn't.
St. Olaf

Postby 45Badger on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:16 pm

St. Olaf wrote:Olaf is paying his fair share and more, probably......sounds like you can't pay much.

That's ok......to each according to his legitimate needs--from the surplus of the rest of us.

I'm happy to pay some heavy taxes to make a better society......I just want the rich deadbeats to quit holding back.

And it's still an amazing mystery to me why some poor people want to kiss the asses of the rich while watching other poor people suffer and poor kids die due to lack of acceptable medical care.

You're losing me here. It's their money. It does not belong to the poor, the middle class, the stupid, the smart, the blessed, or the unlucky. If they choose to share it, it's their business. If they don't choose to share it, it is unethical and immoral to take it from them. Calling John Galt............. 8-)
Live free, or die!
9mm = .45acp set on "stun"
Big Bullets At Moderate Speeds....Make Things Move
"You look like a tactical lumberjack"
Monschman is a thieving d-bag
.45 ACP - Because Shooting Twice Is Silly!
45Badger

Postby St. Olaf on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:36 pm

John Galt was a hallucination that dribbled from the mind of a dull-witted Eva Braun wannabe.

He is irrelevant.

:booyah:
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will end up plowing for those who didn't.
St. Olaf

Postby jdege on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:40 pm

St. Olaf wrote:
By law, you present to an emergency room, and they have to evaluate you.

That doesn't mean you get satisfactory treatment or any treatment at all.......and anything you're lucky enough to get may take five hours of waiting.

True.

It'd be much more equitable if we had socialized medicine, so everyone got lousy treatment and had wait hours for it.
jdege

Postby crbutler on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:53 pm

St. Olaf wrote:
I have been gotten up at 3 AM to do an "Emergency" pap smear, I kid you not. I was not happy, but I did it. And no, it was not someone paying their own bill. Her excuse was that it was the only time that her boyfriend could get her to the hospital.

That would be a pretty rare accomplishment......and that one anecdote really doesn't change anything, does it.

Also......would she have gotten that care in Mississippi.......or anywhere even slightly less accommodating than here?

Hate to tell you, but its far from a rarity at HCMC.

Have you been in an ER in Mississippi? Do you know for a fact that they wouldn't do it? Or is this your expectation that Mississippi is a third world dive, as fed by the DFL? I have been in 3rd world countries. Don't even begin to equate that true poverty with what you are attempting to complain about here. Until you go to a third world country and perform medical care for free, you have no right to call me "hard hearted" based on my disapproval of this poor legislation.

Maybe you need to get some real data. Yes, my example is one. I will admit it is not the norm, if by the norm you mean in any given ER shift it happens, (probably occurs more than you seem to think though), but then ER visits for a known cold is. Let's see even personal experience anecdotes from you about how people were refused care at a ER (not erroneously triaged) as opposed to third hand innuendo or misrepresentation of facts.

I think there are a few ambulance/EMT guys here. I bet that they could give you an earful about some of the runs they had to do for no good reason. Face it, you don't know what you are talking about.

I am through wasting my time on your deliberate ignorance.
crbutler

Postby jgalt on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:56 pm

45Badger wrote:Calling John Galt............. 8-)

You called, I answer... 8-)

What can I do for you?
jgalt

Postby 45Badger on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:03 pm

jgalt wrote:
45Badger wrote:Calling John Galt............. 8-)

You called, I answer... 8-)

What can I do for you?

Nothing :D you should do what you want to do :)
Live free, or die!
9mm = .45acp set on "stun"
Big Bullets At Moderate Speeds....Make Things Move
"You look like a tactical lumberjack"
Monschman is a thieving d-bag
.45 ACP - Because Shooting Twice Is Silly!
45Badger

Postby St. Olaf on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:06 pm

It'd be much more equitable if we had socialized medicine, so everyone got lousy treatment and had wait hours for it

That's a Fox News myth to rationalize the hard-hearted agenda to deny people health care.

St. Olaf

Postby grousemaster on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:07 pm

It's Fox News!!! The cable news network that less than 1% of Americans watch!! They're to blame for everything!!! Rich people!!! The Tea Party!!!
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby St. Olaf on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:10 pm

crbutler wrote:
St. Olaf wrote:

Hate to tell you, but its far from a rarity at HCMC.

Have you been in an ER in Mississippi? Do you know for a fact that they wouldn't do it? Or is this your expectation that Mississippi is a third world dive, as fed by the DFL? I have been in 3rd world countries. Don't even begin to equate that true poverty with what you are attempting to complain about here. Until you go to a third world country and perform medical care for free, you have no right to call me "hard hearted" based on my disapproval of this poor legislation.

Maybe you need to get some real data. Yes, my example is one. I will admit it is not the norm, if by the norm you mean in any given ER shift it happens, (probably occurs more than you seem to think though), but then ER visits for a known cold is. Let's see even personal experience anecdotes from you about how people were refused care at a ER (not erroneously triaged) as opposed to third hand innuendo or misrepresentation of facts.

I think there are a few ambulance/EMT guys here. I bet that they could give you an earful about some of the runs they had to do for no good reason. Face it, you don't know what you are talking about.

I am through wasting my time on your deliberate ignorance.

I've been to the Third-World and I've been to American Third-World states.

Do you know you can usually get better health care, faster, in a Third-World country than you can in much of America?

The Third-World American states are pathetic in almost every way if you get a half-mile from where the rich people live.

It's not a Liberal Myth, it's the way it is.

You can SAY I don't know what I'm talking about, but that's just sour grapes talking.

St. Olaf

Postby grousemaster on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:19 pm

St.Olaf wrote: I've been to the Third-World and I've been to American Third-World states.

Do you know you can usually get better health care, faster, in a Third-World country than you can in much of America?

This folks, is his best quote yet. Wow....lol. You're better off needing emergency health services in places like Haiti, Cuba, Zimbabwe, etc. than you are if you live in an evil red state....

This is classic. You simply can't make this kind of stuff up. This is Sig line material right here!!! Who still says he's not a troll now after this last statement?
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby St. Olaf on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:27 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/29/magaz ... d=all&_r=0

One of the people responsible for HealthConnect’s holistic, intensely personal approach is Dr. Aaron Shirley, who three years ago found inspiration for health care reform in an unlikely place: the primary health care system created in the 1980s in the Islamic Republic of Iran. The main issue in Iran back then was “disparities in health between its urban and rural populations,” he told me recently. “In the U.S., these disparities exist. The Iranian model eliminated the geographic disparities, so why couldn’t this same approach be used for racial and geographic disparities in the U.S.?”

Yes, they are saying that Mississippi could learn a lot from Iran......if they have the ability or desire.

St. Olaf

Postby grousemaster on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:30 pm

St. Olaf wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/29/magazine/what-can-mississippis-health-care-system-learn-from-iran.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

One of the people responsible for HealthConnect’s holistic, intensely personal approach is Dr. Aaron Shirley, who three years ago found inspiration for health care reform in an unlikely place: the primary health care system created in the 1980s in the Islamic Republic of Iran. The main issue in Iran back then was “disparities in health between its urban and rural populations,” he told me recently. “In the U.S., these disparities exist. The Iranian model eliminated the geographic disparities, so why couldn’t this same approach be used for racial and geographic disparities in the U.S.?”

Yes, they are saying that Mississippi could learn a lot from Iran......if they have the ability or desire.

What does that have to do with your original assertion of better health care in 3rd world countries? There's a reason they're referred to as "3rd world"

BTW, Iran isn't even a 3rd world country? Any other great examples to support your bogus claim? I mean, I'm sure Iran is a great place to live when compared to Mississippi, but still.... :?
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby NMRMN on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:33 pm

grousemaster wrote: I mean, I'm sure Iran is a great place to live when compared to Mississippi, but still.... :?

hahaha
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

PreviousNext

Return to Politics