2/6 Hearing

Firearms related political discussion forum

2/6 Hearing

Postby JJ on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:10 pm

Thansk to all those testifying.

RobD, you knocked it out of the park. it looked like Paymar was going to shart himself :lol:

Great job today guys. The anti's very obviously were only after emotional reactions. You guys very clearly and logically made your points!
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Re: 12/6 Hearing

Postby CarRacer on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:24 pm

What was the general reaction when they brought out the guns to talk about them? I'm curious how that was received.
CarRacer

Postby JJ on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:27 pm

CarRacer wrote:What was the general reaction when they brought out the guns to talk about them? I'm curious how that was received.

it looked like Paymar was going to shart himself

It was quite obvious Paymar was uncomfortable at that point. I couldn't really watch, just caught his reaction, and saw the look on his face. The folks there can maybe elaborate?

As a side not, the FBI agent that testified on the Anti side seemed extremely ignorant of fact. My blood pressure went thru the roof listening to him.
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby Thunder71 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:35 pm

Paymar asked for another demo, seemed it woke a few brain cells and he said it may benefit some people as it directly pertained to items in the bill. He admitted to not knowing much about guns, which is why he recommended another demonstration to others. He almost looked speechless, in fact the whole room seemed to be just be in awe, at least from my perspective at the office watching on a little screen.

It should be a requirement when banning something, to have a basic understanding of it. I'm not saying they should become gunsmiths, but for the sake of law abiding citizens everywhere, have at least a fundamental knowledge of what you're talking about. It was so irritating listening to one after the other talk about weapons of war and mass destruction, made for killing people...

Well, it was actually chosen by military because it wounds, taking out 3 instead of 1 (2 to assist the wounded).
Thunder71

Postby ex-LT on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:06 pm

Anyone have a youtube link to today's hearing? I was pulled into a meeting before the pro-gun speakers got to speak.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby JJ on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:07 pm

ex-LT wrote:Anyone have a youtube link to today's hearing? I was pulled into a meeting before the pro-gun speakers got to speak.

Should become available later today sometime:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MNHouseInfo?feature=watch
JJ

Postby SpitFyRRe on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:19 pm

Thank you to everyone who was able to attend and show support for gun owners.

I did send my email to everyone in the House and my district folks stating I was not in favor of any of the proposed gun laws as my work schedule conflicts with the hearings this week.
SpitFyRRe

Postby Josh189 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:26 pm

I couldn't stay for the whole thing. Did Paymar say this bill would be amended and submitted into the larger bill later this month?
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Josh189

Postby Thunder71 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:28 pm

Josh189 wrote:I couldn't stay for the whole thing. Did Paymar say this bill would be amended and submitted into the larger bill later this month?

After the demo he basically said (my interpretation) that in light of the recent information presented it may be beneficial to review this demo again with more members in attendance (he seemed to have learned a thing or two). That demo alone may have made this whole thing disappear.
Thunder71

Re: 2/6 Hearing

Postby Josh189 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:32 pm

They should have shown a Centruy Arms AK-47 before and after tactical treatment. But I think they got the point across.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Josh189

Postby akodo on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:36 pm

I was there today, in an overflow room.

Good job by all the presenters.

I think it is unfair that the antis can talk as long as they want and then the pro gun side gets to get the same amount of time. Fair would be to have each side stick to the predetermined length, but that's really minor.

I talked to one of the nutters wearing the 'Minnesotans against getting shot' He told us we were all paranoid, and while staying he was pro 2nd amendment he admitted he was for banning all guns, and taking them away from police too, and eliminating cars.
akodo

Postby Thunder71 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:38 pm

akodo wrote:I talked to one of the nutters wearing the 'Minnesotans against getting shot' He told us we were all paranoid, and while staying he was pro 2nd amendment he admitted he was for banning all guns, and taking them away from police too, and eliminating cars.

And we're the paranoid ones.
Thunder71

Postby river_boater on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:43 pm

What was the demo?
river_boater

Postby Thunder71 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:46 pm

river_boater wrote:What was the demo?

Two Ruger 10/22's, one with the wood furniture and the other dressed up in all the things they believe make a rifle and assault rifle (adjustable stock, pistol grip, forward grip, etc).

Then explained they are identical in function, and went into real world reasons for each of the accessories (wife is 5'4, I'm 6'5, we can both use this comfortably, etc).

I'm not doing the presentation justice, it was very well done - enough so that I think some eyes opened to the lunacy of the bill.
Thunder71

Postby photogpat on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:58 pm

Facebook post from GOCRA regarding the hearings:

Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Next

Return to Politics