RANT....feel free NOT to read.

Firearms related political discussion forum

RANT....feel free NOT to read.

Postby hammAR on Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:16 pm

In another thread a couple of people jumped on ttousi and myself about thread drift and a running tag game. Am I embarrassed or pissed, not in the least. Disappointed, sure a whole bunch.

Well first off, ttousi and I, as well as some of the others that occasionally participate in the tag game, veterans also, have earned the right to take shots at each other, just as we have earned the right to be on this board. Collectively, we have also done more to protect that right, as well as to support and promote this board, general and specific discussions, education, and general activities than those couple of people combined............so don't take yourself too seriously.

To further support this, there are a number of threads where others, like DonL, farmerj, etc., that are dedicated to the support, promotion, education, and training of shooting and carrying have discussed the lack of participation, even when it is free. There is a lot of discussion, but mostly discussion..........

In addition, it is easier to criticize than to contribute. Fortunately, this board is not set up as a purist "gun" board run by a self centered controlling egoist or collective, as are many others. This is one of the freest, and yet cleanest, boards around. It has a unique collection of egos, beliefs, and experiences, to say it is diverse and unique is an understatement.................so again, don't take yourself too seriously.

I will not speak for ttousi, as he is far too polite, but I intentionally participate in the board, to learn, to contribute, and mostly to have fun. I sure do not mind when ttousi, jac714, Slurrpie, Brit, Ace, Thor (formerly BigRobT), MsT, Seismic Sam, Plblark, or even you macphisto, take shots at me for my military service, bad eyes, age, avatars (especially birds and monkeys) or faux pas - pies included...........but I sure do mind when some take it far too seriously and want to invoke attitude.....to that I say piss off, take your attitude, have a beer, and read the 1st and 2nd amendment.....you take yourself far to seriously and are too willing to become part of the mob or herd of lemmings........can't really call you sheep as that is already taken.

SO the bottom line is.................I really don't care about your holier that thou attitude, if you agree or disagree with me or my posts or not, and I surely am not embarrassed or pissed, not in the least..........but yes, disappointed.......................as well as duels are outlawed, and I'm far too old and out of shape to challenge anyone to a cage match...................so I forgive you... ;)

T-I'm being as nice and PC as I can......... :cheers:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Re: RANT....feel free NOT to read.

Postby ttousi on Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:41 pm

But how do you really feel.......? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love the avatar..............JB in 1941 or similar........right
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby JoeH on Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:43 pm

HammAR-

Now, why would you take something non-personal (I would have told anyone to stop the thread drift, it had nothing to do with the individuals that are HammAR and Tousi) and blow it way out of proportion?

You had my respect and I thought that I had yours. That was until being told to piss off (and worse).

Talk about needing to lighten up, sheesh.

Joe
JoeH

Postby Pat Cannon on Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:13 pm

Oh man, here we we go, somebody's going to have to start up another new forum.
Pat Cannon

Postby plblark on Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:32 pm

Pat Cannon wrote:Oh man, here we we go, somebody's going to have to start up another new forum.

When you're right, you're right :-)
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby Motobob on Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:54 pm

I think somebody needs a hug ??? :D :D :D :D
A fact to a liberal is like garlic to a vampire.
Motobob

Postby cobb on Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:01 pm

hammAR wrote:I will not speak for ttousi, as he is far too polite
:rotf:
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby gunshop guy on Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:03 pm

And all God's People said "Amen!"
A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. ~C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain
http://www.christiangunowners.net/
gunshop guy

Postby cmj685 on Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:57 pm

Hey, just 2 cents worth (or less) from a guy who didn't even realize there was a controversy, but has had some thoughts on the thread drift and running tag games (good descriptions, HammAR). Here is what I think is a legitimate problem with it sometimes: when someone is trying to conduct some important business for or with the group (for us!) and then the running tag game breaks out in the midst of that business, and takes up two or three or four pages (see, for example, http://mnguntalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1447 ), the whole thread balloons to 5 or 6 pages, which now means that everyone who needs to know simply about the business has to read all of those pages of posts of inside jokes between a couple guys to ensure he finds the ones that have the important business in them. Some may miss important posts hidden in the midst of the tag...or maybe some won't read because it is too much. For myself, I won't typically either read or contribute to threads that have over 10 posts or so in them when I come across them, since I figure anything important has been said already. Maybe others are the same. So I think that occasionally the games may actually block valuable information from getting out to us.
Further, even in general non-business threads, I do think some feel annoyed on occasion (I know I have, but not here, of course) when posting a subject of interest, looking forward eagerly to the discussion... and promptly having it run right off the edge of the world by guys not actually interested in contributing anything to it.
Just some miscellaneous thoughts from one guy....
Last edited by cmj685 on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
cmj685

Postby ttousi on Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:58 pm

Jeez................bunch of wussies.........invite you to this thread to take a few shots and you get all huggy-kissy.

(cept cobb he still hasn't figured out where the DNR building is much less what this is about) :P :P :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby Pat Cannon on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:02 pm

ttousi wrote:Love the avatar..............JB in 1941 or similar........right

OFF TOPIC!
Pat Cannon

Postby cmj685 on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:02 pm

You're incorrigible.
I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
cmj685

Postby macphisto on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:54 pm

I wish I wouldn't have read it, but since I knew it was directed at me, I couldn't resist. And now I can't help but respond even though I know it's not going to make things any better.

hammAR wrote:Well first off, ttousi and I, as well as some of the others that occasionally participate in the tag game, veterans also, have earned the right to take shots at each other, just as we have earned the right to be on this board.

Earned the right to be on this board?! You can't be serious. This is not a public place. The bills are paid by a nice guy named rucker. Donations are accepted, but not demanded. Nobody has any right to be here as rucker could pull the plug tomorrow and leave us high and dry if he so pleased.

hammAR wrote:Collectively, we have also done more to protect that right, as well as to support and promote this board, general and specific discussions, education, and general activities than those couple of people combined............so don't take yourself too seriously.

Nobody is disputing the good you and others have done. Your military service and other efforts are appreciated.

hammAR wrote:I will not speak for ttousi, as he is far too polite, but I intentionally participate in the board, to learn, to contribute, and mostly to have fun. I sure do not mind when ttousi, jac714, Slurrpie, Brit, Ace, Thor (formerly BigRobT), MsT, Seismic Sam, Plblark, or even you macphisto, take shots at me for my military service, bad eyes, age, avatars (especially birds and monkeys) or faux pas - pies included...........but I sure do mind when some take it far too seriously and want to invoke attitude.....to that I say piss off, take your attitude, have a beer, and read the 1st and 2nd amendment.....you take yourself far to seriously and are too willing to become part of the mob or herd of lemmings........can't really call you sheep as that is already taken.

Again, this is not a first amendment issue. My request was polite, although public, and was as respectful as I could make it.

Me take myself too seriously? Pot, meet kettle. The disappointment is mutual. I thought that in all your wisdom and experience, you'd have the capacity to show a bit more maturity. My comments weren't personal or biting. You took it to that level.

hammAR wrote:SO the bottom line is.................I really don't care about your holier that thou attitude, if you agree or disagree with me or my posts or not, and I surely am not embarrassed or pissed, not in the least..........but yes, disappointed.......................as well as duels are outlawed, and I'm far too old and out of shape to challenge anyone to a cage match...................so I forgive you... ;)

Unbelievable BS. You're the one who has some apologizing to do.

Until today, Dallas, I held you in a very high regard. I thought that by hanging around with you, I could learn some great life lessons. Well, you did teach me a lesson, but in a far different way than I could have imagined.

Thanks.
macphisto

Postby Old Dude on Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:31 pm

When a topic ceases to interest me, I stop reading it. Oh, I may check in now and again to see if somebody has posted anything I want to see, but I just don't get worked up over thread drift. I've been guilty enough of it myself.

And as for the good-natured (for the most part :? ) banter that goes on among certain members, it's not my thing but I certainly don't get my undies in a bunch over it. Each of us has our own style, and I'm not one to waste what little extra energy I have getting upset about the style of others. Life is just too damned short and precious for such things.

I'd rather be blasting holes in paper with my Kimber than fretting about who is posting what on this forum--or "the other forum" for that matter.
Old Dude

Postby hammAR on Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:18 pm

"Life is not like a box of chocolates... it's more like a jar of jalapenos."......................

Yes, 1941.
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Next

Return to Politics