Debate

Firearms related political discussion forum

Debate

Postby Tabsr on Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:04 pm

Giuliani , Romney and McCain, Register your guns or you!!
"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains." WINSTON CHURCHILL
Tabsr

Re: Debate

Postby cobb on Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:07 pm

Tabsr wrote:Giuliani , Romney and McCain, Register your guns or you!!

Would like to expand on this, or at least explain what you mean?
I'm not all that good on that text messaging abbreviations and meanings.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby JFettig on Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:20 pm

These three "conservatives" were asked if they had any guns.... can anyone guess what their answer was?

Jon
JFettig

Postby mnglocker on Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:44 am

JFettig wrote:These three "conservatives" were asked if they had any guns.... can anyone guess what their answer was?

Jon

Either silence or something along the lines of "only registered non-gunshow loophole cop killer evil black bang-boom things when I was a kid, but I no longer feel the need to own them because the jack booted thugs keep me safe."

Is that about right?
-Get a rope Tuco.
What happens in the basement stays in the basement.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
mnglocker

Postby EAJuggalo on Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:02 am

IIRC, they all said no, with McCain saying not anymore. Interestingly though Guiliani did say that there is a right to carry a firearm while talking about Parker v DC.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not". - Thomas Jefferson
EAJuggalo

Postby cmj685 on Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:53 am

Yah, funny how Giuliani has had this major conversion about guns during election season, isn't it? Suddenly he loves them and all those who own them. I would certainly trust him with my guns, wouldn't you? Could it be that Hillary is actually more honest than Giuliani? At least election season didn't seem to change her mind about the evil of guns!

I don't think it really matters if they own guns or not. If they did, they would all be among the Zumbo clan who owned $3000 rifles and shotguns and went to exclusive ranches to hunt guided hunts with other rich elite. All of them would assume that the 2nd amendment was always all about hunting, specifically their kind of hunting by their kind of people. Such people would still be highly anxious about most of us and ownership and use of guns by our kind. (There are, of course, conservative candidates who really do own guns and understand the 2nd amendment.)
I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
cmj685

Postby princewally on Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:48 am

cmj685 wrote:Yah, funny how Giuliani has had this major conversion about guns during election season, isn't it? Suddenly he loves them and all those who own them.

There was no conversion, just a 'clarification'.

He loves the second amendment, but it's subject to 'reasonable' restrictions, like they did in NYFC.
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Postby cobb on Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:50 am

princewally wrote:He loves the second amendment, but it's subject to 'reasonable' restrictions, like they did in NYFC.

The issue is, my definition of reasonable and his definition of reasonable are on different ends of the spectrum.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING

cobb

Postby princewally on Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:52 am

cobb wrote:
princewally wrote:He loves the second amendment, but it's subject to 'reasonable' restrictions, like they did in NYFC.

The issue is, my definition of reasonable and his definition of reasonable are on different ends of the spectrum.

I'm sorry, did my dripping sarcasm not come through? Damn intarweb.

That was the point I was trying to make.
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Postby cobb on Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:56 am

princewally wrote:
cobb wrote:

I'm sorry, did my dripping sarcasm not come through? Damn intarweb.

That was the point I was trying to make.

No I didn't take it as sarcasm, sorry. But the reason I didn't was because I thought he did use the word reasonable during the debate.

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING

cobb

Postby princewally on Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:12 am

Yes, he did use the word. I put it in quotes.

I was sarcastic. Rudy hasn't changed his stance on guns one bit. He's as anti as they get, but he's trying to spin it as pro, without sounding like he's waffling. He's on the list of people I would have a really hard time voting for.
princewally

Postby cobb on Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:43 am

princewally wrote:Yes, he did use the word. I put it in quotes.

I was sarcastic. Rudy hasn't changed his stance on guns one bit. He's as anti as they get, but he's trying to spin it as pro, without sounding like he's waffling. He's on the list of people I would have a really hard time voting for.

I would not vote for him.

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING

cobb

Postby justaguy on Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:45 am

princewally wrote:Yes, he did use the word. I put it in quotes.

A HARD time voting for? That was sarcasm right? I don’t see any way in hell I would vote for him.
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Postby princewally on Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:05 am

justaguy wrote:
A HARD time voting for? That was sarcasm right? I don’t see any way in hell I would vote for him.

I'm not convinced that Minnesota will necessarily go D in the presidential election. The front runners for the D ticket have some pretty major negative associated with them. The She-Devil may be in front of that race, but she's also got the highest negative numbers of and candidate, on either side, according to the last poll I saw.

With the current crop of polarizing democrats, and the recent presidential elections that were relatively close in Minnesota, there is a chance that we'll go R next year.

I will NOT vote for Guiliani in the primary.
I will NOT campaign for him.
I will NOT donate money to him.
If it is a choice between him and Hillary next fall, I probably WILL hold my nose and vote for him, because I'm not convinced I'd be wasting my vote.

It may only be an incremental difference in the level of evil in the white house, but it's a BIG increment.

OTOH:
princewally

Postby Thor on Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:12 pm

Giuliani and Romney have established their anti-gun credentials prior to running for election. Their history is enough to convince me. I think that McCain is somewhat ambivalent on the issue, maybe leaning more towards the pro-2A side. The rest of the folks on the GOP ticket seem to be pretty pro 2A. Huckabee most definitely is, but I really see him as a Dem (lite). I'd really like to see Duncan Hunter win, but reality sets in and I know that he doesn't stand a chance. Hunter is probably the most TRUE Republican on the ticket. Thompson runs a very close second to Hunter, IMO. However, Thompson has really dropped the ball on his campaign. Fact is.... I will vote for whomever wins the GOP nod over ANY alternative, unless one jumps out there at the last minute.
Thor

Next

Return to Politics