RANT....feel free NOT to read.

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: RANT....feel free NOT to read.

Postby Pat on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:03 am

macphisto wrote:A 9mm does just fine, too, as long as the poppers aren't set abnormally heavy. :|

Why don't you Tupperware guys just go and shove it...

Am loving this thread too much :gun:
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Postby ttousi on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:17 am

windbreak wrote:Sounds like fun. Thank you for the offer. I presently do not own a .45 but that may change by spring. All I own is wheelguns, all .357. I would like to meet some of the guys in this forum face-to-face, it sounds like you have a lot of fun at these functions. I have never been to a steel shoot but am willing to give it go. Thanks again-Windbreak

Ahhh the dark side... :) My first love ;)

Welcome breaking wind.......errr broken wind....aaarg.....wind rake...........nevermind :P
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby justaguy on Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:53 am

Pat wrote:
macphisto wrote:A 9mm does just fine, too, as long as the poppers aren't set abnormally heavy. :|

Why don't you Tupperware guys just go and shove it...

Am loving this thread too much :gun:

Tupperware comes in .45, and 10mm. And it’s not shove it. Its piss off.
WWTNSTKBLD
(What Would The Navy SEALs That Killed Bin Laden Do)
justaguy

Postby cobb on Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:44 pm

windbreak wrote:I hope I can keep up with you OLD-TIMERS. :o :o :shock: :lol: :lol:

Ya, coming from someone with all that gray hair, just look at yourself in your avatar. :baby:
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby Pinnacle on Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:56 pm

macphisto wrote:
JoeH wrote:
windbreak wrote:I'm new here but it sounds like there could be a good old-fashioned schidt kickin. I was thinking about coming to a shooting activity. ( I'm not sure I have enough carry guns ) Do you guys talk to each other like this all the time???? If you do, I WANT IN!!!!!!! I don't even know what you are talking about but it sounds that you all agree to disagree. That's the way it should be. IT TAKES A SMART MAN TO KNOW WHEN HE'S BEEN STUPID----- BARNEY RUBBLE

Definitely come down to a steel match at Gopher Campfire in the spring.

I'm not sure how many carry guns you think that you need. One .45 pistol (carry or not) is good to knock down steel poppers :)

A 9mm does just fine, too, as long as the poppers aren't set abnormally heavy. :|

I would put my 9mm Sissy Glock up against anyone that cares to try - it is not the arrow - it is the Indian (all due respect given to our Native American Friends)

in all reality - you may have to shoot more than once - get used to it. It is best to train that way anyhow.
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby JoeH on Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:44 pm

Pinnacle wrote:
macphisto wrote:
JoeH wrote:I'm not sure how many carry guns you think that you need. One .45 pistol (carry or not) is good to knock down steel poppers :)

A 9mm does just fine, too, as long as the poppers aren't set abnormally heavy. :|

I would put my 9mm Sissy Glock up against anyone that cares to try - it is not the arrow - it is the Indian (all due respect given to our Native American Friends)

in all reality - you may have to shoot more than once - get used to it. It is best to train that way anyhow.

Dude, take a joke. :chillpill:
Joe
Not a Glock Certified Armorer
JoeH

Postby macphisto on Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:13 pm

Pinnacle wrote:I would put my 9mm Sissy Glock up against anyone that cares to try - it is not the arrow - it is the Indian (all due respect given to our Native American Friends)

Heh, I like that.

Pinnacle wrote:in all reality - you may have to shoot more than once - get used to it. It is best to train that way anyhow.

Yeah, but I hit the last popper about ten times and it still didn't fall. I have witnesses! The steel beat the arrow and the Indian that day, my friend.
macphisto

Postby Pat Cannon on Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:56 am

macphisto wrote:
Pinnacle wrote:I would put my 9mm Sissy Glock up against anyone that cares to try - it is not the arrow - it is the Indian (all due respect given to our Native American Friends)

Heh, I like that.

Pinnacle wrote:in all reality - you may have to shoot more than once - get used to it. It is best to train that way anyhow.

Yeah, but I hit the last popper about ten times and it still didn't fall. I have witnesses! The steel beat the arrow and the Indian that day, my friend.

The concussion wavefront from the muzzle blast of my .357, reflected off the berm, was holding the popper up -- as I planned.
Pat Cannon

Postby EAJuggalo on Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:09 am

Mac, you don't get to complain about that day, you're the one that checked the poppers before we started. And the pressure wave of my 357Sig managed to knock it down sideways without hitting it.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not". - Thomas Jefferson
EAJuggalo

Postby jac714 on Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:04 pm

[quote="Pinnacle]I would put my 9mm Sissy Glock up against anyone that cares to try - it is not the arrow - it is the Indian (all due respect given to our Native American Friends)

in all reality - you may have to shoot more than once - get used to it. It is best to train that way anyhow.[/quote]

Hmmm, weren't you shooting a .45 cal 1911 at the last steel shoot? :twisted:

A 9 will take them down but the .45 is a little better for the steel. :D
"The 1911 was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and is true now."

IFIA MCPPA Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor
jac714

Postby BRIT_in_the_weeds on Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:42 pm

I think I farted and both poppers fell down...... :o :o :o ......their call centres might suck, but you can't beat a good vindaloo. (As long as the bog paper goes in the freezer overnight) :o

Cokato II............... :shock: :twisted:
Far better it is to dare mighty things...than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat
T.Roosevelt 1899

Just me and the designated settee, in the weeds.8-)
Thread-F.U master Brit Pei Ying
1/ICC ;-) .1/ICC II.;-)
BRIT_in_the_weeds

Postby Pat on Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:11 pm

:yippee:
BRIT_in_the_weeds wrote:I think I farted and both poppers fell down...... :o :o :o ......their call centres might suck, but you can't beat a good vindaloo. (As long as the bog paper goes in the freezer overnight) :o

Cokato II............... :shock: :twisted:

Would you foreigners please stick to English? :wack:
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Pat

Postby macphisto on Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:25 pm

Apparently cold TP is easier on a raw bum.
macphisto

Postby Pat on Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:35 pm

macphisto wrote:Apparently cold TP is easier on a raw bum.

Mac, you are one gnarly dude...
Pat

Postby Aceq2jot on Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:09 am

macphisto wrote:Apparently cold TP is easier on a raw bum.

Nah m8 the secret is Wet wipes after a few pints and a Vindaloo, and you after to wait until the final trip vin da loo cause otherwise it is rather futile. An old Indian man told me that trick one night when we were in the Tandori ;)
Really i am your worst Nightmare, for i walk the night and the cover of darkness belongs to me :D

You cant make a pile of Dog shat smell like a rose a bunch of Roses, so why try ???
Aceq2jot

PreviousNext

Return to Politics