Legislative session starting 2.12.08

Firearms related political discussion forum

Legislative session starting 2.12.08

Postby nyffman on Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:57 pm

I am going to be proactive this year. Especially since my Representative and Senator are not known to be particularly pro gun, not that I am aware that they are anti either, I will be writting them before the session starts. It may be easier to get their attention on the general concept of support for the segment of the community that lawfully owns and uses firearms if we can get a word in before all the commotion starts. We have already gotten the email from Tony cornish regarding the Castle Doctrine. Considering the events of 2007, I am expecting reactionary legislation to be introduced.
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Re: Legislative session starting 2.12.08

Postby Aceq2jot on Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:07 pm

nyffman wrote:I am going to be proactive this year. Especially since my Representative and Senator are not known to be particularly pro gun, not that I am aware that they are anti either, I will be writting them before the session starts. It may be easier to get their attention on the general concept of support for the segment of the community that lawfully owns and uses firearms if we can get a word in before all the commotion starts. We have already gotten the email from Tony cornish regarding the Castle Doctrine. Considering the events of 2007, I am expecting reactionary legislation to be introduced.

It will be interesting this year as it is a short year and a Bonding year, so i would not expect much getting passed as they are planning on working on Bonding.
Really i am your worst Nightmare, for i walk the night and the cover of darkness belongs to me :D

You cant make a pile of Dog shat smell like a rose a bunch of Roses, so why try ???
Aceq2jot

Re: Legislative session starting 2.12.08

Postby nyffman on Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:55 am

Never underestimate the liberal agenda.
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Return to Politics