Walker to sign Castle Doctrine Bill

Firearms related political discussion forum

Walker to sign Castle Doctrine Bill

Postby Rem700 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:09 pm

“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”
Thomas Jefferson

If your not behind our troops please stand infront of them.
Rem700

Re: Walker to sign Castle Doctrine Bill

Postby Thunder71 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:19 pm

Step up Minnesota, Wisconsin is walking all over us.
Thunder71

Postby Shipyard on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:49 pm

Thunder71 wrote:Step up Minnesota, Wisconsin is walking all over us.

has for a long time in many ways.... if you're not used to it by now, might i bring up the drinkin and sellin of booze, gambling, deer hunting, pro football, quality of meat snacks and cheese???

and bear in mind, i'm so minnesota i've had the state tattoo'd on my arm years before every hipster townie **** decided it was a good idea. we can start by sellin beer on sundays, gettin rid of 3.2, lettin legal adults put a Chip on a **** roulette wheel and KICK THEM DAMN VI-QUEENS CRYING ALL THE WAY TO L.A.!!!!! not to mention their greedy ass billionaire cry-baby owner.

just sayin...
i do what i can, where i'm needed, and i ask so little in return. i'm a true humanitarian fueled by rainbows and whiskey. you should be so lucky to know me...

Shipyard wrote:no kidding. that guy gets banned from here more than i quit this place :lol:
Shipyard

Postby Thunder71 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:52 pm

Yep, I agree... completely.

When I visit my in-laws I'm always thinking, wow - we can do that? :D
Thunder71

Postby shooter115 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:13 pm

Unfortunatly it would never get signed by the douche-bag govoner elected to office in our great state. At least that was what I was told personally by one of our pro-gun senators that pushed for it the first time around. Pretty sure we're going to have to wait it out until Dayton is out the door. Fricken riddiculous, I get mad just thinking about it.
shooter115

Postby jdege on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:25 pm

shooter115 wrote:Unfortunatly it would never get signed by the douche-bag govoner elected to office in our great state. At least that was what I was told personally by one of our pro-gun senators that pushed for it the first time around. Pretty sure we're going to have to wait it out until Dayton is out the door. Fricken riddiculous, I get mad just thinking about it.

I don't think that making Dayton veto a castle doctrine bill would do us any harm.
jdege

Postby shooter115 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:04 am

jdege wrote:
shooter115 wrote:Unfortunatly it would never get signed by the douche-bag govoner elected to office in our great state. At least that was what I was told personally by one of our pro-gun senators that pushed for it the first time around. Pretty sure we're going to have to wait it out until Dayton is out the door. Fricken riddiculous, I get mad just thinking about it.

I don't think that making Dayton veto a castle doctrine bill would do us any harm.

I competely agree with you there. When they failed to push it through before the end of session, I had a pretty heated discussion with Senator X about why they failed to put it front of the govenor. He said "well he'd never sign it any way".......Well make him look like the A-hole then!!!, was my exact response. But by then they were too worried about the budget to push anything else.....God I hate pollitics..... and polliticians (well most at least).
shooter115

Postby LarryP on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:56 am

Will the law stand when Walker gets recalled?
LarryP

Postby jdege on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:43 am

shooter115 wrote:God I hate pollitics..... and polliticians (well most at least).

We have too many politicians, and too few statesmen. (ObRef: Ambrose Bierce).
jdege

Postby plblark on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:06 pm

re: the recall: will he win or lose it? I say he'll win. Doesn't matter to the law if he's governor when he signs it, it's a signed and active law.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby Stradawhovious on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:21 pm

plblark wrote:re: the recall: will he win or lose it? I say he'll win. Doesn't matter to the law if he's governor when he signs it, it's a signed and active law.

The recall petition will hopefully be thrown out if the use the video evidence of the petition being filled out by middle school children.

The whole thing is a joke. At my Family Thanksgiving, one of the bleeding hearts was passing around the petition, and having folks that are MN residents sign it.

I fervently declined, but asked if the were sure they didn't want the kids to sign too.

That didn't go over so well. :?
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby Hammer99... on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:07 pm

Back to the Bill...

What does "operates" mean? Sounds like a Manager not an employee.

"Place of business" means a business that the actor owns or operates
I love it when a plan comes together!
Hammer99...

Postby Thunder71 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:15 pm

Can we just 'borrow' Walker for year like we did Favre? (I don't want the second year if its any comparison.)

They let us have their quarterback, certainly the Governor is an easier trade.
Thunder71

Postby Rem700 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:17 pm

Stradawhovious wrote:
plblark wrote:re: the recall: will he win or lose it? I say he'll win. Doesn't matter to the law if he's governor when he signs it, it's a signed and active law.

The recall petition will hopefully be thrown out if the use the video evidence of the petition being filled out by middle school children.

The whole thing is a joke. At my Family Thanksgiving, one of the bleeding hearts was passing around the petition, and having folks that are MN residents sign it.

I fervently declined, but asked if the were sure they didn't want the kids to sign too.

That didn't go over so well. :?

Heres hopeing half of there needed signatures are deemed invalid :cheers:
“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”
Thomas Jefferson

If your not behind our troops please stand infront of them.
Rem700

Postby ex-LT on Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:09 am

Thunder71 wrote:Can we just 'borrow' Walker for year like we did Favre? (I don't want the second year if its any comparison.)

They let us have their quarterback, certainly the Governor is an easier trade.

We can, but unfortunately, he has to go to New York for a year before he can come here.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Next

Return to Politics