HF 1467 Back to the MN Senate Committee

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: HF 1467 Back to the MN Senate Committee

Postby plblark on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:32 pm

Benson is my Dad's Senator and he says she's a good one. Very approachable and involved with her constituents.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby bstrawse on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:12 pm

plblark wrote:Benson is my Dad's Senator and he says she's a good one. Very approachable and involved with her constituents.

Michelle and my wife are close friends - she is a great person - she's very supportive of second amendment rights..

B
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby subwofer2 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:12 am

Thank you plblark for posting all the email addresses.

I sent an email to everyone last night after 10:30. Here are a few responses I have received.

*10:52pm
Thank you for your encouragement. Please consider contacting the Governor's office and encourage others to do the same. It will soon be his decision to sign or veto the bill. Have a good weekend.

John C. Pederson

*Today @ 12:57am
First I must say thank you for your service. I have a son in the National Guard and one at the AFA who also plays hockey for the Falcons.
I am a coauthor of 1467 and am excited to vote Yes on the House floor. Now we need to get Gov. Dayton to sign the bill.
If you ever come to the Capitol look me up.
Have a great weekend.

Thanks again,

Dan Fabian

*Today @8:01am
As the wife of a Vietnam Vet, thank you for your service!

Absolutely in support of HF1467. Can't wait to vote yes! It is amazing that it is even something we have to address.

Thanks for writing.

Mary
(State Rep. Mary Kiffmeyer)
subwofer2

Postby nyffman on Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:14 am

plblark wrote:email list of Senators and Representative to thank for their vote, presumably their vote in favor.

So, why is Michel on the list? While I have not seen the actual roll call vote, I understand, based on your comment regarding his "defection" that he voted against. :? Nevermind, found the tally. But I still ask, why is he on the list you posted?
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby sabre on Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:05 pm

I agree with Sen John Pederson's comment - now is the time to contact Gov Dayton. We can't assume he will veto this. A strong response from the community that we need this bill should be sent.
It would help if Dayton would receive messages from working LEOs to counter the message sent by the police chiefs.
9th inning, guys - let's keep the pressure on.
sabre

Postby tazdevil on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:06 pm

Contacted. Added a personal touch to it as well, considering last night.
1911 Fan quote in memoirium about carrying:
The purpose of a firearm in a defensive situation is to make the other guy leak from holes he was not born with. Your job is to install those orifices for him.
tazdevil

Location: over your shoulder, whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

Postby subwofer2 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:53 pm

tazdevil wrote:Contacted. Added a personal touch to it as well, considering last night.

Mind posting his contact info? Might make it easy for more folks to do so as well.
subwofer2

Postby tazdevil on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:11 pm

subwofer2 wrote:
tazdevil wrote:Contacted. Added a personal touch to it as well, considering last night.

Mind posting his contact info? Might make it easy for more folks to do so as well.

http://mn.gov/governor/contact-us/

Click link on bottom of page, it will open another page, you can type 10,000 character essay if you wish. Not sure if spaces count as character's, I have seen other sites that do that.
The purpose of a firearm in a defensive situation is to make the other guy leak from holes he was not born with. Your job is to install those orifices for him.
tazdevil

Postby subwofer2 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:11 pm

Worked like a charm! Thank you... :D
subwofer2

Postby DanM on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:55 pm

E-mailed the governor using the online link above. Now we have to see what Gov. Goofy does with this. :hmm:
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
Thomas Jefferson
DanM

Postby tazdevil on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:23 am

anyone heard any news on this?
tazdevil

Postby Thunder71 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:49 am

Doesn't sound like he's going to sign it, he's leaning toward the 'majority of police officers' who are against it and says that if he signs this bill it will give citizens more rights than police officers, I don't get that, but that's his opinion.
Thunder71

Postby AustinP22 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:20 pm

So Governor Dayton's action veto happened on the 5th. Now what can we do? Does the Senate get another chance to vote 2/3rds in favor?
AustinP22

Postby ex-LT on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:00 am

AustinP22 wrote:So Governor Dayton's action veto happened on the 5th. Now what can we do? Does the Senate get another chance to vote 2/3rds in favor?

There would have to be quite a bit of deal making/arm twisting to get the 2/3 majority, so my guess is it's dead until next year.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby nyffman on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:12 am

I'd say, give it up. There's so much going on at the Capital the you aren't aware of. Someone blew this. Maybe it was the NRA? Maybe it was GOCRA? Maybe it was Republican leadership? I don't know at this point and I'm not going to waste any more time on this. My Representative, Carol McFarlane voted against this bill in the House twice and as far as I'm concerned that makes her unfit to serve and I told her as much before her second vote. I told her that I don't trust people to represent me who don't trust me to responsibly own and use firearms. Fortunately, she was thrown into the same district as Matt Dean who will surely get the Republican endorsement, which she has said she will abide by. Good bye Carol. Maybe my emails had some effect.
Edit: I have been informed, and verified that she is recorded as a yes vote the second time this came up. Not sure how I got this wrong? Unless she changed her vote later, and I'm not even sure at this point if that's possible, I just blew it.
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Previous

Return to Politics