Bill Richardson Flip-Flop on guns

Firearms related political discussion forum

Bill Richardson Flip-Flop on guns

Postby Ramoel on Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:47 pm

From the Front Sight, Press

http://www.snubnose.info/wordpress/rkba ... flip-flop/

6 Aug 07

“The worm that destroys is the constant temptation to seek approval from your critics.”

NM Governor-turned-presidential-candidate, Bill Richardson, who spent considerable state funds building an NRA/Police Range in Albuquerque, all to win NRA’s endorsement, has, thus far, been the only ostensibly pro-Second-Amendment candidate on the Democratic side. In fact, when campaigning for NM governor, Bill was a constant champion of gun shows and gun-show sales of firearms.

Not any more! Now, groveling at the feet of the DNC, Bill has suddenly done an about-face and announced that “we have to close the gun-show loophole,” meaning that gun shows, indeed all gatherings of gun owners, formal and informal, need to prohibited by law.

As probably could have been predicted, Bill has knuckled under to demands of the DNC and, of course, as president would do the same. A bright light has fizzled, sputtered, and gone out!
Ron

NRA Life Member
USS Bristol DD857

Everyone dies, some live first...
Ramoel

Re: Bill Richardson Flip-Flop on guns

Postby nyffman on Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:37 am

Another example of why Democrats, especially at the national level, will not get my vote. The current, far left leaders will not allow serious pro 2nd ammendment people to succeed in their party.
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby Srigs on Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:34 am

It would be interesting to see the actual link to the statement not the paraphrased maybe statement. I don't always trust what things on the internet are true. :roll:
Srigs,

http://www.sideguardholsters.com
http://www.sideguardholsters.com/blog

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.
Srigs

Postby gunflint on Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:46 am

If RKBA is one of your top priorities, You can't vote for a democrat. It's that simple. If the "2nd Amendment" is only one of several issues that are important then you still shouldn't vote for a democrat. If you believe that the top qualification for the Presidency is that it's time for a women or a black man to "have a turn" then this is your time.
The 2nd Amendment is the ONLY amendment in the Bill of Rights that specifies that it shall not be infringed.
gunflint

Postby brauchma on Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:28 am

nyffman wrote:Another example of why Democrats, especially at the national level, will not get my vote. The current, far left leaders will not allow serious pro 2nd ammendment people to succeed in their party.

+1
"Owning a gun doesn't make one a gunfighter any more that owning a Stradivarius violin makes one a concert violinist" - Col. Jeff Cooper

I think the gene pool needs more chlorine
brauchma

MN Governer

Postby Tabsr on Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:14 pm

Vote for Al Franken and friends as governer or senator and see how long you can carry!
"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains." WINSTON CHURCHILL
Tabsr

Postby Pat on Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:50 pm

Here's the original question posed to Richardson and his response...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sjsxQy0xYUs

P.S.
I'll figure out the YouTube embedding thingy tomorrow...
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Postby rucker on Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:53 pm

Pat wrote:P.S.
I'll figure out the YouTube embedding thingy tomorrow...

It's not exactly intuitive. I had to add the tag myself though and I haven't found anyone else who has come up with a better way. The key thing is that the url has to go after the equal sign, not between the tags. I did it in your post so you can edit it and see exactly how it's done. Also, while doing that, I discovered that you have to put the www. before the youtube. The only way to fix that is to make a tag for www and a tag for without www which makes it a million times more confusing.

Code: Select all
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjsxQy0xYUs][/youtube]
rucker

Postby Ramoel on Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:01 am

How about that Joe Biden? Sheesh.... Just listening to his rant turns my stomach.... YUK!!!
Ron

NRA Life Member
USS Bristol DD857

Everyone dies, some live first...
Ramoel

Postby DeanC on Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:17 am

Ramoel wrote:How about that Joe Biden? Sheesh.... Just listening to his rant turns my stomach.... YUK!!!

And you never know if he's telling you what he thinks or what somebody else wrote.
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby Pat on Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:31 am

DeanC wrote:
Ramoel wrote:How about that Joe Biden? Sheesh.... Just listening to his rant turns my stomach.... YUK!!!

And you never know if he's telling you what he thinks or what somebody else wrote.

Didn't Biden co-author the original "assault weapons" ban?
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Postby Squib Joe on Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:35 pm

gunflint wrote:If RKBA is one of your top priorities, You can't vote for a democrat

I'm not real sure you'll have a Republican to vote for either

A handy chart!

http://flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=868063604&size=o
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby jaysong on Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:00 pm

nyffman wrote:Another example of why Democrats, especially at the national level, will not get my vote. The current, far left leaders will not allow serious pro 2nd ammendment people to succeed in their party.

I agree but it is not just the 2nd amendment, it is whole constitution that need we need to be concerned about. The 2nd A is our only balance to have our leaders follow the constitution.
Professional Firearms Training, LLC.
http://www.mngunclass.com MN Carry Permit
jaysong

Return to Politics