What do we need to fear with the new MN Legislature

Firearms related political discussion forum

What do we need to fear with the new MN Legislature

Postby PhilaBOR on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:53 pm

Reciprocity: take it into your own hands: Florida + Arizona. That doesn't cover every state but I think it's about as good as it gets.
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations..."
PhilaBOR

Re: What do we need to fear with the new MN Legislature

Postby Fluid Power on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:01 am

Wow, I must have worded that wrong!

I'm not trying to stir up anyone, that was not what I meant. I wanted to hear everyones thoughts on where our 2nd A rights stand with the upcoming change. With la-la it the Gov house, I'm afraid we could lose quite a bit. The carry law, "assault weapon ban, mag cap restrictions, so forth. I've really not paid a lot of attention to the state legislature (other than actively supporting Pat G, my rep.). If people thought I was looking for whacked out remarks, I made a mistake. This did not look like a fight club area either. Come on, let's be intelligent about this, Please!
"If you're not on the EDGE, theres no room for you!"
Fluid Power

Postby JJ on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:03 am

Fluid Power wrote:Wow, I must have worded that wrong!

I'm not trying to stir up anyone, that was not what I meant. I wanted to hear everyones thoughts on where our 2nd A rights stand with the upcoming change. With la-la it the Gov house, I'm afraid we could lose quite a bit. The carry law, "assault weapon ban, mag cap restrictions, so forth. I've really not paid a lot of attention to the state legislature (other than actively supporting Pat G, my rep.). If people thought I was looking for whacked out remarks, I made a mistake. This did not look like a fight club area either. Come on, let's be intelligent about this, Please!

You obviously don't pay much attention to politics or news threads around these parts...
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby Fluid Power on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:37 am

JJ, your post was one of the best responses. I really don't know the anti 2nd A fever (if there is any) in MN at this point. I needed to ask if anyone had some info on it. The problem is we don't have any thing to stop them in MN like at the Fed level. What I gather from what was posted is it's no big deal??? Are the out state DFL reps controlled to some extent by 2nd A supporters?? IF so, that's great to hear. And my blood PSI will stay a little lower.
Thanks to all who posted!

8-)
"If you're not on the EDGE, theres no room for you!"
Fluid Power

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:24 am

Most of the "its no big deal" sentiment was coming from the more Liberal people on the forum who want everyone to believe that Liberals are not anti Second Amendment at all. All that stuff we read and hear from the DFL leadership is not what the rank in file believe and there should be nothing to worry about. The Governor is just mis-understood when he openly shuns bipartisan legislation that further strengthens the individual citizens right to defend themselves. No matter, there a bunch of farmer in Waseca who do agree with him, but voted for him anyway.

My opinion is that we should be worried, but I'm a crazy Right Wing reactionary that doesn't trust anyone that doesn't have a Tea Party stamp on their forehead - if that is what you want to believe.

The Liberals want you to go to sleep and trust them to run the country and the state - go about your business of paying taxes - they've got it from here.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Heffay on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:51 am

yukonjasper wrote:Most of the "its no big deal" sentiment was coming from the more Liberal people on the forum who want everyone to believe that Liberals are not anti Second Amendment at all. All that stuff we read and hear from the DFL leadership is not what the rank in file believe and there should be nothing to worry about. The Governor is just mis-understood when he openly shuns bipartisan legislation that further strengthens the individual citizens right to defend themselves. No matter, there a bunch of farmer in Waseca who do agree with him, but voted for him anyway.

My opinion is that we should be worried, but I'm a crazy Right Wing reactionary that doesn't trust anyone that doesn't have a Tea Party stamp on their forehead - if that is what you want to believe.

The Liberals want you to go to sleep and trust them to run the country and the state - go about your business of paying taxes - they've got it from here.

Not quite right. Most of the intelligent people on the board don't play chicken little whenever the weathervane turns, and can put events like this into context. There isn't even any smoke. No need to start crying fire.

Show me a bill in the legislature we need to take action on. THEN you can start crying.

Or, if you like living in fear of every single boogeyman, that's your prerogative too.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:06 am

I am not preaching fear nor am I advocating that the wolves are at the door. My point is that the stage is set for the Liberal machine to do whatever they wish. My wonderment is complete when I see the Liberals who love guns - talk about how the other Liberals - who don't like guns but are in leadership positions in the party - probably won't do anything because..............well, I'm not sure why, but they probably won't..........so don't worry about it until it happens. Don't pay attention to trends and rhetoric - an expression of the party leadership has no bearing on what actually happens.

I don't live in fear. A constant state of vigilence is necessary to make sure that we get a say before rights are erroded. not that there will be much to do at that point, all I can do is try to keep people awake when the Liberals start to sing the Lullabye right before the assault begins.

Incrementalism is the new/old weapon of the Left. Undermine from within.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Heffay on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:10 am

yukonjasper wrote:I am not preaching fear nor am I advocating that the wolves are at the door.

Ok, I'm following what you're saying...

My point is that the stage is set for the Liberal machine to do whatever they wish.

And, you lost me.

The wolves are at the door! Somebody save us!!!
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby Geezer43 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:50 am

Thunder71 posted a good thread that is directly related to this thread/topic ----
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=35713

The referenced article relates to this topic mainly at the Federal level, but the situation in Minnesota is similar.

The key operative words in the referenced GUNSAMERICA article are "imminent" and "for now".
IMHO the "camel's nose" is still in the tent, and the "antis" will continue to use every conceivable way to further it's entrance.
It is just a question of when and how.
As has been stated earlier awareness and vigilance are important, as is an appropriate and properly timed response.
"Thank God for guns, huh Jerry?" -- William Shatner on Boston Legal
"I'm a Politician, which means that I'm a cheat and a liar. When I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing their lollipops." -- Red October
Geezer43

Postby goalie on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:52 am

yukonjasper wrote:I am not preaching fear nor am I advocating that the wolves are at the door. My point is that the stage is set for the Liberal machine to do whatever they wish. My wonderment is complete when I see the Liberals who love guns - talk about how the other Liberals - who don't like guns but are in leadership positions in the party - probably won't do anything because..............well, I'm not sure why, but they probably won't..........so don't worry about it until it happens. Don't pay attention to trends and rhetoric - an expression of the party leadership has no bearing on what actually happens.

I don't live in fear. A constant state of vigilence is necessary to make sure that we get a say before rights are erroded. not that there will be much to do at that point, all I can do is try to keep people awake when the Liberals start to sing the Lullabye right before the assault begins.

Incrementalism is the new/old weapon of the Left. Undermine from within.

Politicians love POWER more than anything. Even the super-lib inner-city dems. The last time they pushed through any gun-control legislation at the national level, it ended with an epic fail that reduced them in power to a level even lower than the repubs are at now nationally.

Outstate DFL politicians are not chomping at the bit to send out the gestapo to kick down your door and take your evil black rifles away. The inner-city ones are, but they are more enamored with keeping the power that they have.

In the end, we'll see, but ramping up the rhetoric before anything is even drafted, let alone in committee is just a good way for people to sell more guns at higher prices.
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby ferch on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:57 am

How does that saying about ignoring history go? All these liberals around here that are saying "there's nothing to worry about" need to think about that pretty hard and take a close look at the voting history of the people they have elected.
ferch

Postby Heffay on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:58 am

ferch wrote:How does that saying about ignoring history go? All these liberals around here that are saying "there's nothing to worry about" need to think about that pretty hard and take a close look at the voting history of the people they have elected.

Not quite getting it, are we?
Heffay

Postby jdege on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:16 am

goalie wrote:In the end, we'll see, but ramping up the rhetoric before anything is even drafted, let alone in committee is just a good way for people to sell more guns at higher prices.

You say that like it's a bad thing...
jdege

Re: Re: What do we need to fear with the new MN Legislature

Postby goalie on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:50 pm

jdege wrote:
goalie wrote:In the end, we'll see, but ramping up the rhetoric before anything is even drafted, let alone in committee is just a good way for people to sell more guns at higher prices.

The higher prices thing must have slipped by you there, eh?
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Re: Re: What do we need to fear with the new MN Legislature

Postby grousemaster on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:21 pm

goalie wrote:
jdege wrote:

The higher prices thing must have slipped by you there, eh?

DPMS issued a price increase recently, noticed it went into effect with their distributors as of today.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

PreviousNext

Return to Politics