President Obama May Change His Mind On Assault Weapons Ban

Firearms related political discussion forum

Postby goatroper on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:57 am

Would really like to believe this, but, not going to till he's gone.

Not sure how much I can copy and paste, but I give the link below.

http://www.yourblackworld.net/2013/01/b ... t-weapons/
"Tell me... do you like music, Mr. Finch?"
goatroper

Re: President Obama May Change His Mind On Assault Weapons Ban

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:52 am

Obama will do what he thinks he can get away with politically. While it's true he doesn't have to face the voters again, he still has an eye on the congressional elections in 2014. Obama may be a enemy of gun owners but he's no fool, a lot of newly elected Democrats come from purple districts that could easily swing the other way.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby BBeckwith on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:12 am

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... apons-ban/

Biden didn't push it but the White House was fairly quick to get this out right after he made his comments.

Still don't think anything will get through the house though.
The IQ of a mob is the IQ of its dumbest member, divided by the number of people in it.
BBeckwith

Postby Hmac on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:11 pm

goatroper wrote:Would really like to believe this, but, not going to till he's gone.

Not sure how much I can copy and paste, but I give the link below.

http://www.yourblackworld.net/2013/01/b ... t-weapons/

Rope-A-Dope
Hmac

Postby Snakeman721 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:40 pm

Hmmmm, if true this will surely make all those people that just HAD to have a P-mag or AR RIGHT NOW a bit perturbed.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby smokintone on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:17 pm

Hmmm, I'm not holding my breath, that's for Damn sure.
smokintone

Postby Heffay on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:05 pm

Thanks Obama for helping create jobs!
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby 2in2out on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:29 pm

I couldn't help but notice the quote from Dr. Boyce Watkins - ”What in the world does anyone need an assault weapon for anyway?”

No matter what happens, I think this is a symptom of the problem that only we can solve. This is a huge public education opportunity - either we take it now, or those that follow us will be forced to do so.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby kollector03 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:37 pm

Don't pass up an opportunity to voice your opinion and educate the uninformed.

Here is what I wrote to Gov. Cuomo after his rant on Friday.

Governor Cuomo,
I saw in the media today your quote regarding your desire to rewrite the NY gun laws. The quote from MSN News is this:
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo called for an overhaul of the Empire State’s gun laws in his State of the State address Wednesday.
“No one hunts with an assault rifle. No one needs 10 bullets to kill a deer. And too many innocent people have died already,” Cuomo, a gun owner said. “End the madness now!”

I would like you to know that you are wrong with regards to your statement that "no one hunts with an assault rifle" My 15-year old daughter hunted with me this year and harvested a nice button buck using an AR-15 type rifle. We chose this rifle because of it's light weight, the low flat top receiver which allowed the scope to be mounted low for a younger shooter, it's telescoping stock which provided the correct length of pull for a youth with heavy hunting clothing, and the light recoil provided by the 5.56x45mm cartridge. It is also a very accurate rifle and she proudly outshot me at our last visit to the target range before hunting season (yes, I threw a couple of my shots low to open my group, I'm a dad before anything else).

I felt compelled to contact you on this because the number of people in the USA that are responsible users of firearms, including the ones classified as Assault Weapons far outnumber the few that have serious mental problems and with evil in their hearts commit evil acts.

I know that as a resident of MN, you are not obliged to take into consideration my opinion, but I would urge you to consider the implications of rewriting the entire firearms laws in NY that your constitutients would then be subject to. This is especially true when you consider that the vast majority of the gun-owners that would be subject to these new laws are not part of the overall problem at all.

I don't have the answers either, but I tend to think that the solution is not going to be found in additional gun control laws, bans, regulations, registrations, or confiscations.

Respectfully Submitted,
kollector03

Return to Politics