Fed up with this BS

Firearms related political discussion forum

Fed up with this BS

Postby Ramoel on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:18 pm

I'm not a young guy any more. I was born in 1936 and grew up with guns. When I was a kid I could buy ammo for my .22 at almost any store, grocery, hardware etc. And I was only 11.

I've watched this creeping gun control my whole life and seen the same political crap over and over. I've seen gun rights slowly eroded until these days you have to ask "permission" for almost any thing regarding guns.

Over the years, every time there was a shooting, the anti's added more restrictions to the law abiding gun owners as if it was their fault. Nothing new then and the same thing today.

I see a bleak future for gun ownership for my children and grandchildren. It's like a creeping crud that you can't stop. Nanny state crap.

I think there are a lot more pro gun people than anti but we just let ourselves be slow rolled. If I was any more pissed off about the stuff being proposed today I'd have a stroke.

Got to quit writing now, I'm a veteran and an oath keeper and I'm pissed.
Ron

NRA Life Member
USS Bristol DD857

Everyone dies, some live first...
Ramoel

Re: Fed up with this BS

Postby pacificbob on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:44 pm

Think of it this way. What could the Kenyan have done to better mobilize his opposition for the Nov 4, 2014 elections. I think there's going to be a silver lining here in that the man from Kenya will be a lame duck earlier than he expected and just possibly that will have an effect on the supreme court. The pendulum swings and it's going to come back at him.
pacificbob

Postby LePetomane on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:24 am

Ramoel, Agree. The people in this state will get what's coming, too. Some claim to embrace conservative principles but continue to vote these DFL'ers in. As long as the politicians claim that they are not going after their hunting rifles these voters are fine with them going after other gun owners AR's and handguns. I'm glad I have 5 to 6 years left in this state which I see as a massive day care center in that they have to take "care" of everyone. Then it's off to the "Wild West" and a more polite society.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:14 am

+1
Completely agree. When I was in high school we would store shotguns in our locker so we could go grouse hunting after school. I distinctly remember doing more than one high school speech class presentation on the take down and cleaning of a rifle, handgun and shotgun. I was raised with guns and learned to respect guns because I was introduced to them early by my father, scout leader and we were always out shooting or hunting. You learn to respect the power and understood the seriousness of them.

We have deprived a generation of the healthy handling and use of guns. Desensitized a generation to the violence and real distruction of guns while associating the distruction with a rush and appealing to the dark side of the human nature through the violence in our media, video games and movies.

Society has become warped and surreal. Very confusing times.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:26 am

I'm only 29, and I'm tired of the bull**** also. I've been a firearm enthusiast for about 6-7 years now, and I've seen alot of change... Even in my own collection I've secured what I wanted for possible "banned" weapons. And I've also invested in some weapons that will most likely never see the ban list... I just feel sorry for the people who want to get into the sport, or have their own, and they can't because the actions of a couple crazies...

America has lost it's old skool values, and it really sucks. I can't even find a good woman who believe in the values that I had growing up... Most of the women in my area are overweight welfare hungry I have 4-7 baby daddies... I don't want that...
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:37 am

I've pretty resigned myself that things aren't going to get any better, not only for gun rights but for the country as a whole. We can blame Chairman Hope & change all we want but he is just a symptom of a larger problem. The parasites who vote themselves more and more government largess are the problem and the demographics for the future don't look promising for us.

We are looking at an explosion of entitlement spending which we will have no hope of being able to sustain, and there is no one in government taking the problem seriously. I have no idea when the debt bomb will explode in our faces, but I've got a bad feeling it will happen sooner than anyone thinks.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby photogpat on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:46 am

Obama's 23 Executive Orders (EO's) actually weren't half as bad as I thought they'd be -- if he wouldn't have prefaced the conversation with his screed on banning "assault" weapons, and "high-cap" mags (aka Assault Weapons Ban or AWB), I think he would have gotten a lot more bipartisan support.

I've engaged in numerous discussion with anti-rights supporters over the last few weeks, and several particularly intense ones just last night -- and I think we have been making progress...if you look at Obama's EO's -- none appear to be "infringing" on any gun laws (on the surface...I'm awaiting a further analysis of the fine print before stating that definitively). I think he knows deep down that he won't get another AWB...nor further restriction of the 2nd. The EO's also contained components that we all support -- increased reporting of state data to Federal NICS, further safety education, further school security, and mental health care assistance. I admitted above that there appears to be some of his points that require some clarification to see how they will actually be implemented.

Its all the more important that the pro-rights side appear rational in discussions now -- we're winning the war of momentum...just need to keep it up. Stating that his EO's have merit, but expressing disappointment in continuing to beat the dead horse of an AWB has been my talking point. We're not "giving in" by agreeing with the EO's we support...IMHO.

Pat
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Heffay on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:52 am

photogpat wrote:Its all the more important that the pro-rights side appear rational in discussions now -- we're winning the war of momentum...just need to keep it up. Stating that his EO's have merit, but expressing disappointment in continuing to beat the dead horse of an AWB has been my talking point. We're not "giving in" by agreeing with the EO's we support...IMHO.

Exactly. Gun rights have been increasing in recent years, crime has been dropping dramatically, and frankly the whole doom and gloom view on life is misplaced when you look at the world from a more rational viewpoint. The EOs are exactly what we want to have done: the appearance of making a difference (and in some cases actually helping out), without the loss of any rights.

Things have never looked better. Sure, there are some issues still, but let's not pine for a mythical time when "things were better". It didn't exist.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby photogpat on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:35 am

Damn it pink horse - I hate it when I agree with you.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby ex-LT on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:37 am

photogpat wrote:Damn it pink horse - I hate it when I agree with you.

Technically, he agreed with you.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Fed up with this BS

Postby xd ED on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:51 am

ex-LT wrote:
photogpat wrote:Damn it pink horse - I hate it when I agree with you.

Technically, he agreed with you.

I agree.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Heffay on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:35 am

I hate to derail the whole 'world going to hell in a handbasket' angst, but let's talk more about how everyone agrees with me. 8-)
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby Snowgun on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:35 pm

Heffay wrote:
photogpat wrote:Its all the more important that the pro-rights side appear rational in discussions now -- we're winning the war of momentum...just need to keep it up. Stating that his EO's have merit, but expressing disappointment in continuing to beat the dead horse of an AWB has been my talking point. We're not "giving in" by agreeing with the EO's we support...IMHO.

Exactly. Gun rights have been increasing in recent years, crime has been dropping dramatically, and frankly the whole doom and gloom view on life is misplaced when you look at the world from a more rational viewpoint. The EOs are exactly what we want to have done: the appearance of making a difference (and in some cases actually helping out), without the loss of any rights.

Things have never looked better. Sure, there are some issues still, but let's not pine for a mythical time when "things were better". It didn't exist.

Right on!
Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price. - Sun Tzu

The Way is in training... Do nothing which is not of value. - Miyamato Musashi

One who knows the Self puts death to death. - Upanishads
Snowgun
Events Coordinator

Return to Politics