Congressional Approval Falls

Firearms related political discussion forum

Congressional Approval Falls

Postby hammAR on Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:53 am

Congressional Approval Falls to Single Digits for First Time Ever
rasmussenreports.com

The percentage of voters who give Congress good or excellent ratings has fallen to single digits for the first time in Rasmussen Reports tracking history. This month, just 9% say Congress is doing a good or excellent job. Most voters (52%) say Congress is doing a poor job, which ties the record high in that dubious category.
ADVERTISEMENT

Last month, 11% of voters gave the legislature good or excellent ratings. Congress has not received higher than a 15% approval rating since the beginning of 2008.

The percentage of Democrats who give Congress positive ratings fell from 17% last month to 13% this month. The number of Democrats who give Congress a poor rating remained unchanged. Among Republicans, 8% give Congress good or excellent ratings, up just a point from last month. Sixty-five percent (65%) of GOP voters say Congress is doing a poor job, down a single point from last month.

Voters not affiliated with either party are the most critical of Congressional performance. Just 3% of those voters give Congress positive ratings, down from 6% last month. Sixty-three percent (63%) believe Congress is doing a poor job, up from 57% last month.

Just 12% of voters think Congress has passed any legislation to improve life in this country over the past six months. That number has ranged from 11% to 13% throughout 2008. The majority of voters (62%) say Congress has not passed any legislation to improve life in America.

Voters hold little positive sentiment about the future. Just 41% find it at least somewhat likely that Congress will address important problems facing our nation in the near future, while 55% find this unlikely.

Despite these negative attitudes towards Congress, Democrats continue to enjoy a double digit lead on the Generic Congressional Ballot.

Most voters (72%) think most members of Congress are more interested in furthering their own political careers. Just 14% believe members are genuinely interested in helping people.

A separate Rasmussen survey found that half of all voters believe America's best days are in the past. However, another survey found that 64% of voters also believe that the world would be a better place if more countries were similar to the United States.

This national telephone survey of 1,000 Likely Voters was conducted by Rasmussen Reports July 1, 2008. The margin of sampling error for the survey is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.

Rasmussen Reports is an electronic publishing firm specializing in the collection, publication, and distribution of public opinion polling information.
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Re: Congressional Approval Falls

Postby TC95GT on Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:02 am

And yet they still believe they are wonderful, all knowing and of course they know what's best for all of us. Its funny and sad at the same time.
"It is not enough to just obey Big Brother, you must love him, too." 1984 by George Orwell
TC95GT

Postby nyffman on Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:16 am

Sounds like a good time for change in the 4th district. :D Yes we can. 8-)
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby hammAR on Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:39 am

nyffman wrote:Sounds like a good time for change in the 4th district. :D Yes we can. 8-)

I would agree except for the apparent brain atrophy of voters, as apparent herein................. :lol:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby TC95GT on Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:31 am

nyffman wrote:Sounds like a good time for change in the 4th district. :D Yes we can. 8-)

I agree. When are they coming out with the yard signs?
"It is not enough to just obey Big Brother, you must love him, too." 1984 by George Orwell
TC95GT

Postby nyffman on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:16 am

TC95GT wrote:I agree. When are they coming out with the yard signs?

I really have no idea. I gave them all the names of folks who wanted one. Let's ask him at breakfast on Saturday.
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Democratic Congressional Approval Falls

Postby Tabsr on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:21 pm

Think about it. Republican approval is lower and than democrats because democrats control congress and have not helped America.
"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains." WINSTON CHURCHILL
Tabsr

Re: Democratic Congressional Approval Falls

Postby nyffman on Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:04 pm

Tabsr wrote:Think about it. Republican approval is lower and than democrats because democrats control congress and have not helped America.

That part is understandable. But, even Democrat numbers dropped to 13%. The sad part is that it's always the other guys fault. So, my congresscritter is ok(because they give me all the Turkish Delight I want), but you need to vote yours out of office. The result, nothing changes.
nyffman

Postby Srigs on Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:07 am

Good... I think if we kicked 1/3 of the Senators and 1/2 of the Congressmen then we might get some where. It would scare the rest! :twisted:
Srigs,

http://www.sideguardholsters.com
http://www.sideguardholsters.com/blog

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.
Srigs

Return to Politics