Feb. 8 peace rally at the Capitol.

Firearms related political discussion forum

Postby adoptedson on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:47 am

bobbydamit wrote:
Mn01r6 wrote:If there is not a rally, go visit your rep and senators office. If not there, leave a handwritten note saying you oppose all gun legislation.

This is better than complaining. Show up, do something constructive instead of complaining. It is the reason these guys change their minds, personal contact. I know, I have done this for 40 years and talk is cheap, takes money to buy whiskey and face to face visits to change minds. 8-)

My rep blew me off yesterday when I ran into him in the hall. I went up to his office later to make an appointment and his assistant said he was booked solid for the next 2 weeks. I never got a email reply from him either. Visiting my senator today.
adoptedson

Re: Feb. 8 peace rally at the Capitol.

Postby sansooshooter on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:53 am

adoptedson wrote:
bobbydamit wrote:
Mn01r6 wrote:If there is not a rally, go visit your rep and senators office. If not there, leave a handwritten note saying you oppose all gun legislation.

This is better than complaining. Show up, do something constructive instead of complaining. It is the reason these guys change their minds, personal contact. I know, I have done this for 40 years and talk is cheap, takes money to buy whiskey and face to face visits to change minds. 8-)

My rep blew me off yesterday when I ran into him in the hall. I went up to his office later to make an appointment and his assistant said he was booked solid for the next 2 weeks. I never got a email reply from him either. Visiting my senator today.

Lets take a guess he is a DEM?
sansooshooter

Postby adoptedson on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:48 am

sansooshooter wrote:

Lets take a guess he is a DEM?

Yep. Both my rep and senator have F grades on the GOCRA website. It was pretty obvious he wanted nothing to do with me yesterday.

I introduced myself when I saw him in the hall, said I was there for the hearings. He snickered said "yeah I could tell from the pin you're wearing". When I said I'd like to sit down and talk to him sometime he started started stammering.
I was as polite as could be too.
adoptedson

Re: Feb. 8 peace rally at the Capitol.

Postby goda0301 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:37 pm

Well since no one else is gona step forward i will...

i have no permit "in hand" and going off "second hand" info that "Dane Aura" has a permit to set up tomorrow.

i will be bring with me

1. PA system, speakers & mic - its small but works
2. table
3. ext cords
4. generator
5. garbage bags
6. podium
7. pens
8. zip ties
9. drill, screws
10. dolley
11. back drop with flags

IF someone here knows Dane would you please have him contact me ASAP, im driving in close to 2 hours and i dont want to haul all this **** down with me if we dont need it.

I decided to set this up at 5:05 pm today, i just one guy. not dozens, working for days, it will take me several hours to load everything up but i believe its worth it.

I need help with two things

if someone knows the guy that testified on tuesday night (long hair works at a gun shop) he has a petition started that would be awesome if we could get that there so people could sign it.

2. SHOW UP. even if we dont have a legit permit, i guessing is has more to do with the PA set up etc... what can they do if a 1000 or so people just show up to hang out

again im one guy

if anyone has details/rules about the permit, extra stuff signs, flyers, banners, or wants to help set up or what ever call me

Dave 612-281-7568

my plan is to be down there setting up by 9:00
goda0301

Previous

Return to Politics