Heather Martens = Lobbyist for HF241

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Heather Martens = Lobbyist for HF241

Postby XDM45 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:03 pm

45xdacp wrote:I find it slightly funny but also saddening to see another topic about someone attacking our 2nd amendment rights and 1 page in it turns to fighting each other, we as 2A supporters need to realize we can have different opninon's without using the lame "you make us look bad " phrase that so many like to use. It would be great to see us work together to educate our "side" if you will, instead of tearing each other down if we disagree on things.

Good luck to us all and hope to see you on the 21st

* http://www.mnguntalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=39611*

100% agreed.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby White Horseradish on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:05 pm

I went to check out the Protect MN FB page. I noticed something curious in their "posts by others". One guy - Roger Doyle Taylor purporting to be a lawyer in Maple Grove specializing in VA law, seems to post more than anyone else. Wonder why he has such a presence on that page...
"I have come to kick a** and chew bubblegum." <racks shotgun> "And I'm all out of bubblegum."

--John Nada, "They Live"
White Horseradish

Postby grousemaster on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:10 pm

XDM45 wrote:
45xdacp wrote:I find it slightly funny but also saddening to see another topic about someone attacking our 2nd amendment rights and 1 page in it turns to fighting each other, we as 2A supporters need to realize we can have different opninon's without using the lame "you make us look bad " phrase that so many like to use. It would be great to see us work together to educate our "side" if you will, instead of tearing each other down if we disagree on things.

Good luck to us all and hope to see you on the 21st

* http://www.mnguntalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=39611*

100% agreed.

Anyone with an internet connection can read these threads without registering, if the dumb comments go unchallenged we all look pretty dumb.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Paul on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:13 pm

damian_mb wrote: Or would probably turn around and say you made the situation worse by stopping her from being raped since she's looks like a troll that would never get any on a normal night. Not really rape when she says yes.

Really, we're going to start taking cheap shots at rape victims?

I realize this is hypothetical, but wow.
Paul

Postby damian_mb on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Paul wrote:
damian_mb wrote: Or would probably turn around and say you made the situation worse by stopping her from being raped since she's looks like a troll that would never get any on a normal night. Not really rape when she says yes.

You're taking this out of context....think outside the box much? Seriously, do people these days just take things how they are now?? :roll:

My point being is, if you were to save her, she would turn it against you. :roll: :roll: now to learn how to think outside the box please...maybe re-read my post, she would more than likely turn it against you and said you made the situation worse! Thinking that she wants to take guns away from all men and women but her's, what makes you think she would care if you saved her or not?
"It can never happen in Amurika"
damian_mb

Postby Heffay on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:22 pm

Paul wrote:

I let that one go on purpose. I thought "maybe I'm going to give him a break and see if anything comes of his post." But now that I sit back and think about it... yeah.

I always wonder what guys look like when they make comments like that. I'm assuming there is some sort of projection going on.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby Paul on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:28 pm

damian_mb wrote:
Paul wrote:

You're taking this out of context....think outside the box much? Seriously, do people these days just take things how they are now?? :roll:

My point being is, if you were to save her, she would turn it against you. :roll: :roll: now to learn how to think outside the box please...maybe re-read my post, she would more than likely turn it against you and said you made the situation worse! Thinking that she wants to take guns away from all men and women but her's, what makes you think she would care if you saved her or not?

Saying that she wouldn't get any on a normal night and she would be a willing victim does not prove the point you think you're attempting to make.
Paul

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:30 pm

Left my two cents on their wall...
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby greenfarmer on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:50 pm

Lol, I put a few comments on that protect minnesota page. If your not for Obama, and you oppose them, they delete your comment, happens 2-3 times and they put you on some sort of block list where you can't comment on their page. What a joke! They aren't even willing to engage in a diplomatic discussion about firearms! Narrow minded people! Because of people like that and their narrow mindedness, we still have issues in this country. They fail to see outside the box!
greenfarmer

Location: kinda by the SW Metro, but a little further out in the sticks.

Postby Snakeman721 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:34 pm

greenfarmer wrote:Lol, I put a few comments on that protect minnesota page. If your not for Obama, and you oppose them, they delete your comment, happens 2-3 times and they put you on some sort of block list where you can't comment on their page. What a joke! They aren't even willing to engage in a diplomatic discussion about firearms! Narrow minded people! Because of people like that and their narrow mindedness, we still have issues in this country. They fail to see outside the box!

Kinda like watching any "news" show on MSNBC with a Twitter feed across the bottom of the screen. It's seems that ALL of those twitters are FOR whatever crap the host is espousing. Yeah, that's balanced reporting....just like this Protect Minnesota FB page.....NOT.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby LePetomane on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:12 pm

bstrawse wrote:I've been nothing but respectful on their page and have been banned for a very long time.

Reasoned discourse, I'm sure.
b

Not surprising. The tolerant Minnesota Nice hypocrites crowd only tolerates what they agree with.
Last edited by LePetomane on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby photogpat on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:18 pm

At their rally today they were calling for "respectful dialogue" and calling out the "Twitter Bullies".

Hint hint - the "Twitter Bullies" have never done anything but refute obvious lies and/or mistruths/exaggerations...etc...etc...etc...

I was strangely proud...especially when I went up to the speaker afterwards and asked if I could speak with him regarding his remarks - he said "No thanks" and walked away (fairly certain he and I had never met before, either online or in person). Fairly typical behavior for their leadership. The individual attendees would speak to me - but generally had nothing other than emotion to throw at the discussion once they learned I was from the "other side". One guy told me I was sorely mistaken that HF241 included a "confiscation" upon my death -- he said it was a "surrender", not a "confiscation" and that I was wrong.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby 2in2out on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:00 pm

photogpat wrote:... One guy told me I was sorely mistaken that HF241 included a "confiscation" upon my death -- he said it was a "surrender", not a "confiscation" and that I was wrong.

You gun people sure are a bunch of fanatics. I'm glad you got schooled. :P

Btw, thanks for representing us and engaging them. Seriously. :bravo:
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby XDM45 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:22 pm

XDM45 wrote:
Mn01r6 wrote:He does let things get to him, he just doesn't want to admit it most of the time. On the topic of not wanting to admit something, I am sure he regrets saying he would not help an anti because he realizes now that by trying to be righteously indignant, he actually said he would deliberately choose not to be a good Samaritan, something that goes against the ethical and moral principles of just about everyone this side of sociopathy.

Feel free to put your own a-- on the line for a stranger, I won't. Nothing sociopathic about it. Also, morals and ethics are subjective. Not all share the same of these. Do I regret anything I've said? Nope. Neither does it get to me. You can think it does if that makes you feel better, but it really doesn't bother me at all.

Huh. Go figure. I'm not alone in my line of thinking: http://www.carryforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 45&t=19237
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby tman on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

PreviousNext

Return to Politics