Heather Martens = Lobbyist for HF241

Firearms related political discussion forum

Heather Martens = Lobbyist for HF241

Postby bigbad401 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:46 pm

Found this on another forum I am part of.

As many of you know Heather Martens is the paid lobbyist who presented 241 and other house files at the committee hearings last week. Anyway her organization "Protect Minnesota" is funded by the Joyce Foundation, and guess who served on the board of directors? Surprise Surprise its Barack Obama. Obama served on the Foundation's board of directors from July 1994 until December 2002.

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/fund ... ategory=79

More:
List of participants at President Obama's gun violence roundtable in Minneapolis

Open the link and take a look. Yep, Heather Martens was at the "roundtable"
http://www.startribune.com/politics/sta ... ml?refer=y

Now, after just 2 posts on "Protect Minnesota" Facebook page I was swiftly blocked and my posts deleted. Seems Heather does not want people to know her connections to Washington DC nor the fact that this entire AWB push in MN is not "grass roots". Hmmm seems Heather does not want her own members to know the money trail...interesting

Just though some of you may want to try and enlighten the FB members of "Protect MN"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Protect-M ... 8606548259
bigbad401

Re: Heather Martens = Lobbyist for HF241

Postby Heffay on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:50 pm

I'm sure you posted in a respectful manner. Care to show what you posted?
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby bstrawse on Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:19 pm

I've been nothing but respectful on their page and have been banned for a very long time.

Reasoned discourse, I'm sure.
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Snakeman721 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:23 pm

I don't know, sounds pretty typical to me....ban those that offer viewpoints differing from your agenda, especially viewpoints backed by facts that you like to ignore. Yep, sounds like Ms. Martens's M.O.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby grousemaster on Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:26 pm

I just posted the linked info on their FB page
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby EastSideRich on Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:47 pm

I think it's gone already (unless I'm not doing it right)
ESR

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
- Mark Twain

The government is not your friend!
EastSideRich

Postby bigbad401 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Heffay wrote:I'm sure you posted in a respectful manner. Care to show what you posted?

That exerpt was a post that I found on another forum. I did not post anything on the facebook as I do not have a facebook page.

Anyways, this whole set of bills was not grown in Minnesota but through federal intervention. Obama can not do anything federally so he is doing everything state wide. This seems to prove it. Hausman is just a pawn.
bigbad401

Postby JeremiahMN on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:03 pm

OMG! This is some serious breaking news! You mean to tell me that the local anti-gun group gets funding upstream from bigger national groups that are also anti-gun? And if that wasn't shocking enough, I can't believe they support Obama's agenda! This has to be some great cover-up that this isn't on all the news stations. I'm sure the NRA has never provided any funding for the pro-gun agenda in Minnesota. :roll:
JeremiahMN

Postby photogpat on Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:26 pm

They won't engage with anyone online who's contrary to their point of view. If you really want to have a good time, and can speak well regarding the current legislation and the 2nd Amendment -- go to the Capitol on Thursday and engage them in conversation one-on-one. Its easy to spot the other side - they have stickers reading "Minnesotans Against Being Shot".

It was incredibly rewarding for me during the House hearings 2 weeks ago to do this. I was shouted down, and shouted at more times than intelligently argued with.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby grousemaster on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:16 pm

JeremiahMN wrote:OMG! This is some serious breaking news! You mean to tell me that the local anti-gun group gets funding upstream from bigger national groups that are also anti-gun? And if that wasn't shocking enough, I can't believe they support Obama's agenda! This has to be some great cover-up that this isn't on all the news stations. I'm sure the NRA has never provided any funding for the pro-gun agenda in Minnesota. :roll:

Says the guy who assured us last fall that Dem's will not try to catch guns. Jeremiah votes for the anti's.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby XDM45 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:01 pm

photogpat wrote:They won't engage with anyone online who's contrary to their point of view. If you really want to have a good time, and can speak well regarding the current legislation and the 2nd Amendment -- go to the Capitol on Thursday and engage them in conversation one-on-one. Its easy to spot the other side - they have stickers reading "Minnesotans Against Being Shot".

It was incredibly rewarding for me during the House hearings 2 weeks ago to do this. I was shouted down, and shouted at more times than intelligently argued with.

Hey! We share that in common!! I'm a Minnesotan against being shot too! I have a gun to defend myself to help prevent that....what do they have? Words?
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby photogpat on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:00 pm

XDM45 wrote:
photogpat wrote:They won't engage with anyone online who's contrary to their point of view. If you really want to have a good time, and can speak well regarding the current legislation and the 2nd Amendment -- go to the Capitol on Thursday and engage them in conversation one-on-one. Its easy to spot the other side - they have stickers reading "Minnesotans Against Being Shot".

Hey! We share that in common!! I'm a Minnesotan against being shot too! I have a gun to defend myself to help prevent that....what do they have? Words?

They've already got a scripted comeback for that line - "Well, looks like we have at least THAT in common"
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby XDM45 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:11 pm

photogpat wrote:
XDM45 wrote:

They've already got a scripted comeback for that line - "Well, looks like we have at least THAT in common"

My gun will never defend an anti-gunner, sorry they're on their own.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby tman on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:02 am

XDM45 wrote:

Good grief.
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby Heffay on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:27 am

tman wrote:
XDM45 wrote:

Good grief.

Is he for real? I almost think he's trying to be a parody of himself.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Next

Return to Politics