Itasca county taking a stand against the anti-gunners...

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Itasca county taking a stand against the anti-gunners...

Postby Hmac on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:43 am

gjohnson80 wrote:
Hmac wrote:Here's Sheriff Vic Williams' statement on the issue...dated Jan 27, 2013

I have been asked by many people in Itasca County what my position is on the Second Amendment.

As county sheriff, I took an oath to protect the citizens of my county and to support the Constitution of the United States of America. It is without hesitation that I stand in defense of the right of Itasca County citizens to defend their rights against threats, both foreign and domestic. The duty of county sheriff is to protect the rights of law-abiding citizens. The position of sheriff in the State of Minnesota is statutory in nature and defined by state law. This definition does not preclude the duty of the sheriff to uphold the Constitution. The sheriff is the keeper of the county, and with that obligation I must and do accept the responsibility to stand before my constituents and demand the Constitution be adhered to, and that no one be allowed to diminish the protections and all rights provided under the Constitution. The safety of all my law-abiding citizens of Itasca County, and their right to live free without being victimized, is my highest priority.

Victor J. Williams
Itasca County Sheriff

Where did you get this qoute?

http://www.grandrapidsmn.com/opinion/le ... f887a.html
Hmac

Postby gjohnson80 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Thanks for posting that link. I some how missed that in the Herald.

I figured that was Vic's stance. He seemed very pro 2A in my CCW class.
gjohnson80

Postby Cavscout on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:17 pm

I've heard a bit on Sheriff William's stance on the issue. Call/email him and let him know you support him. Let others know, etc.

I just saw that print out for the first time a couple days ago. I wish it had been real, and who knows who made it if not the Sheriff, and which side of the issue they are on.
Cavscout

Postby gjohnson80 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:27 pm

Cavscout wrote:I've heard a bit on Sheriff William's stance on the issue. Call/email him and let him know you support him. Let others know, etc.

I just saw that print out for the first time a couple days ago. I wish it had been real, and who knows who made it if not the Sheriff, and which side of the issue they are on.

You are right. The officials that are supporting our rights need to know they have our support. I have done so with Vic.
gjohnson80

Postby Mn01r6 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:36 pm

Cavscout wrote: I wish it had been real, and who knows who made it if not the Sheriff, and which side of the issue they are on.

Keep in mind that this hoax "resolution" is in direct violation of the Minnesota Law (471.633) that preempts any city or county regulation of firearms and ammunition other than discharging of weapons. If you want this to be real, you also want the AWB Minneapolis has on the books to be real. Next thing you know they will be little Chicago and have gun registration....
Mn01r6

Postby Hmac on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:02 pm

Cavscout wrote:I've heard a bit on Sheriff William's stance on the issue. Call/email him and let him know you support him. Let others know, etc.

IIUC, it was a flyer that was widely circulated at a recent gun show in Grand Rapids. My LGS was pretty pumped about it, as were a lot of people at the show. I hated to rain on his parade.
Hmac

Previous

Return to Politics