So, I guess the Senate will not hear any *Ban* proposals

Firearms related political discussion forum

Postby BlkVooDoo on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:56 pm

Has anyone else seen this? I guess the Senate will only entertain mental health and back-ground check proposals.

http://www.startribune.com/politics/blo ... 31791.html
BlkVooDoo

Re: So, I guess the Senate will not hear any *Ban* proposals

Postby greenfarmer on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:01 pm

Yeah, i saw it about a half hour or so ago on star trib.... But i won't rule it out just yet. We aren't out of the water just yet.
greenfarmer

Location: kinda by the SW Metro, but a little further out in the sticks.

Postby hunterfreakhd on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:02 pm

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent
http://www.outdoortrader.net
hunterfreakhd

Postby brewerbob on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:04 pm

These people are untrustworthy politicians. They will forget what they have said at the drop of the political hat. Believe it when you see it and then check your back for the knife they stab you with.

I am a tad bitter.
brewerbob

Postby Glocktwenty3 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:09 pm

Probably trying to get our guard down
Glocktwenty3

Postby MXGreg on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:21 pm

No bans, but maybe major restrictions.
MXGreg

Postby Dune on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:23 pm

MXGreg wrote:No bans, but maybe major restrictions.

And registration
Dune

Postby SwedeTown on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:44 pm

They do that to make it seem like they are reasonable, compromising folk and to make the "lesser" restrictions seem reasonable. This gives the impression of "it could have been much worse".
SwedeTown

Postby Uffdaphil on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:59 pm

Supporting "It could have been worse" only guarantees that it will be next time.
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Postby Nalez on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:44 pm

BlkVooDoo wrote:Has anyone else seen this? I guess the Senate will only entertain mental health and back-ground check proposals.

I am sure heather will find someone in the senate to carry her house files over to the senate; just wait until april to come around.
Nalez

Postby St. Olaf on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:09 pm

BlkVooDoo wrote:Has anyone else seen this? I guess the Senate will only entertain mental health and back-ground check proposals.

As gun-control advocates filled the Capitol rotunda on Monday, a senator holding gun hearings this week said he will not take up weapons and ammunition bans that the activists favor.

"The outright banning of guns is a conversation that is more suited on the federal level," said Sen. Ron Latz, DFL-St. Louis Park, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, in a statement.

The Committee is holding hearings on gun-violence issues on Thursday and Friday, following hearings two weeks ago in the House. Latz said his hearings will focus on universal background checks that would close gaps in the current background-checks system.

He said his committee will not hear proposals for a ban on assault weapons or on higher-capacity ammunition magazines.

Hats off to Sen. Ron Latz, DFL-St. Louis Park, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee!!!

This means exactly what it says!

Skoal!!

But stay alert and be ready for anything. We need to be sure there are no background checks for transfers to family members.

Now we wait for the fat lady to sing.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will end up plowing for those who didn't.
St. Olaf

Postby farmer44mag on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:45 pm

St. Olaf wrote:

As gun-control advocates filled the Capitol rotunda on Monday, a senator holding gun hearings this week said he will not take up weapons and ammunition bans that the activists favor.

"The outright banning of guns is a conversation that is more suited on the federal level," said Sen. Ron Latz, DFL-St. Louis Park, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, in a statement.

The Committee is holding hearings on gun-violence issues on Thursday and Friday, following hearings two weeks ago in the House. Latz said his hearings will focus on universal background checks that would close gaps in the current background-checks system.

He said his committee will not hear proposals for a ban on assault weapons or on higher-capacity ammunition magazines.

Hats off to Sen. Ron Latz, DFL-St. Louis Park, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee!!!

Skoal!!

But stay alert and be ready for anything. We need to be sure there are no background checks for transfers to family members.

But if the house were to pass bans- they would go over to the senate side for a vote- would they not??
Glocks-- 17,19,26 in 9mm and the 21 and 36 in .45auto-- S&W M&P Shield 9mm
Ruger LCP and LCR
Bolt and lever guns for deer
Buckmark and M@P .22 pistols for summer varmint carry
Mini-14 and Rem. 870 for all types of vermin.
farmer44mag

Postby oldguy on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:58 pm

It's only one of about twenty committees. What about Transportation and Public Safety? There will be more to come. It's a long session.
oldguy

Postby St. Olaf on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:22 pm

farmer44mag wrote:
St. Olaf wrote:

Skoal!!

But if the house were to pass bans- they would go over to the senate side for a vote- would they not??

But if the Senate won't even discuss such a bill in committee......it's DOA.

However, I think this represents a huge change in momentum. A suburban Senate Democrat has refused to hear the ban/confiscation agenda at all and is only hearing background checks.

That's earthshaking.....and it's shaking Paymar's Earth.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will end up plowing for those who didn't.
St. Olaf

Postby farmer44mag on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:45 pm

I sure hope you are right.
Glocks-- 17,19,26 in 9mm and the 21 and 36 in .45auto-- S&W M&P Shield 9mm
Ruger LCP and LCR
Bolt and lever guns for deer
Buckmark and M@P .22 pistols for summer varmint carry
Mini-14 and Rem. 870 for all types of vermin.
farmer44mag

Next

Return to Politics