Keith Ellison is a angry man

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Keith Ellison is a angry man

Postby sansooshooter on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:21 pm

St Olaf is that guy who hires politicians to do his stealing for him . They are not brave enough to rob people in person. Cause there is a chance they will pay for their
crime with physical pain and injury .
At least the street criminal puts his ass in some danger while committing crimes. When some criminal tries to rob you face to face. You can decide to fight him or not.
The social justice crowd votes political stick up men in to office to carry out their crimes.

Cowards!
sansooshooter

Postby NMRMN on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:26 pm

St. Olaf wrote:So, you're in favor of providing equal health care to the poor, but only if you and the rest of the fortunate don't have to pay out any money?

yeah thats not what I said. Re-read and try again.
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Postby St. Olaf on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:02 pm

It could, if money was taken disproportionately from the wealthy to provide for these services.
edit: or mandate/penalize those who don't opt into the system that provides the services (obamacare)

Maybe you can give us an idea of what you think is disproportionate then?

And figure out a way to provide quality health care for all if some refuse to buy health care and then force the rest of us to pay when their gamble goes bad?

See, I'm hearing a lot of TALK about caring for the poor from you, but you also seem quite willing to maintain the status quo.

:cogitating:
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will end up plowing for those who didn't.
St. Olaf

Postby NMRMN on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:18 pm

St. Olaf wrote:Maybe you can give us an idea of what you think is disproportionate then?

Not sure. I dont think we should be raising taxes on anyone at this point. Obama needs to figure out how to balance the budget.
St. Olaf wrote:And figure out a way to provide quality health care for all if some refuse to buy health care and then force the rest of us to pay when their gamble goes bad?

Obviously, healthcare needs to be reformed. While I disagree with Obama's plan, I am glad its being addressed. I would not start by providing a taxpayer solution, but looking for free-market solutions. It is a mess.
St. Olaf wrote:See, I'm hearing a lot of TALK about caring for the poor from you, but you also seem quite willing to maintain the status quo.

Caring for the poor should not be the topmost priority for the federal and state governments, in my opinion. Im sorry if I gave you the impression that it was. That does not mean that I don't personally care for the poor, give to the poor, or support organizations and institutions that do.
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Postby St. Olaf on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:24 pm

Not sure. I dont think we should be raising taxes on anyone at this point. Obama needs to figure out how to balance the budget.

Obama HAS figured out how to balance the budget. He has a solid plan.

The problem is, the Tea Party won't budge on the issue of taxing the rich.

Doesn't Fox News provide you with ANY factual information???

:flag:
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will end up plowing for those who didn't.
St. Olaf

Postby St. Olaf on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:28 pm

Caring for the poor should not be the topmost priority for the federal and state governments, in my opinion. Im sorry if I gave you the impression that it was. That does not mean that I don't personally care for the poor, give to the poor, or support organizations and institutions that do.

And the outcome of that kind of ambivalence is that the poor continue to go without health care and education and equal opportunity.

Can't you see that? If you just let the status quo continue......the poor never get any help.

You seem fine with that, so your claim to "care for the poor" doesn't wash.

St. Olaf

Postby NMRMN on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:37 pm

St. Olaf wrote:

And the outcome of that kind of ambivalence is that the poor continue to go without health care and education and equal opportunity.
You seem fine with that, so your claim to "care for the poor" doesn't wash.

Im not ambivalent. I am quite certain that caring for the poor should not be the top priority for the federal and state governments. That does not conflict with my desire to see the poor helped. This might be a shock to you as a liberal, but there are other solutions to our countries problems besides more government and more taxes.
St. Olaf wrote:Doesn't Fox News provide you with ANY factual information???

dont know, dont watch it.
St. Olaf wrote:Obama HAS figured out how to balance the budget. He has a solid plan.

Yes, tax more. And the funny thing, that still wont cover all the governments unfunded liabilities. Its not a solution. There is a structural deficit, not a revenue problem.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Postby grousemaster on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:40 pm

St. Olaf wrote:

Obama HAS figured out how to balance the budget. He has a solid plan.

The problem is, the Tea Party won't budge on the issue of taxing the rich.

Doesn't Fox News provide you with ANY factual information???

:flag:

Uh, didn't taxes just get raised on the rich? Doesn't MSNBC keep you up to date on these things?

Obama will NEVER balance our budget. He's crying the sky is falling over a sequester which still increases spending over 2012 levels. We'll be 20 trillion in debt by the time he's done.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby NMRMN on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:44 pm

grousemaster wrote:Obama will NEVER balance our budget. He's crying the sky is falling over a sequester which still increases spending over 2012 levels. We'll be 20 trillion in debt by the time he's done.

Yup.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Postby St. Olaf on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:58 pm

Uh, didn't taxes just get raised on the rich? Doesn't MSNBC keep you up to date on these things?

:rotf:

Are you REALLY that misinformed? Taxes weren't RAISED on the rich.

Huge tax CUTS--benefits--for the rich expired.

The additional increase in revenues to balance the budget consist of closing some of the sly and tricky loopholes used by the rich to evade taxes.

You SURE that you never heard this?

I find it hard to believe.

St. Olaf

Postby JeffA on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:39 pm

St. Olaf wrote:

:rotf:

Are you REALLY that misinformed? Taxes weren't RAISED on the rich.

Huge tax CUTS--benefits--for the rich expired.

The additional increase in revenues to balance the budget consist of closing some of the sly and tricky loopholes used by the rich to evade taxes.

You SURE that you never heard this?

I find it hard to believe.

I can only laugh how you say that taxes didnt go up on the rich because tax CUTS expired. Congress decided to extend cuts for all but the rich... that is a tax increase no matter how you spin or justify it.
JeffA

Postby grousemaster on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:06 pm

St. Olaf wrote:
And figure out a way to provide quality health care for all if some refuse to buy health care and then force the rest of us to pay when their gamble goes bad?

This is a result of government forcing hospitals to treat people. Of course, the solution to a government created problem is bigger government, like always.

This country is in trouble.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby grousemaster on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:07 pm

St. Olaf wrote:So......a society where some are obscenely rich while others can't even afford proper health care is a "just" society?

:hmm:

It's the nature of humans, get a clue. Equal opportunity never leads to equal results in a free society.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby tt3 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:12 pm

grousemaster wrote:

It's the nature of humans, get a clue. Equal opportunity never leads to equal results in a free society.

I like that.
tt3

Postby St. Olaf on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:19 pm

Perhaps human beings, as they learn how to become more civilized, can transcend their evil nature and do better.

It's just that someone must show the way and help them learn.

St. Olaf

PreviousNext

Return to Politics