What IS the Actual Distribution of Wealth?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: What IS the Actual Distribution of Wealth?

Postby XDM45 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:49 pm

St. Olaf wrote:
LePetomane wrote:
St. Olaf wrote:
I've been to the Third-World and I've been to American Third-World states.

Do you know you can usually get better health care, faster, in a Third-World country than you can in much of America?:

I've been to Third World countries and have observed the quality of medicine practiced there and I have intimate exposure to medicine in what you refer to as "Third World" states and can say with all honesty that you have no idea what you are talking about. You probably read the propaganda from the WHO which is erroneously biased against the United States. I don't see Sean Penn, Alec Baldwin, Barbara Streisand, Michael Moore and other America haters going to Cuba for health care. They go to the Mayo Clinic with the rest of the elitists. The only America hater going to Cuba for health care is Hugo Chavez and he isn't doing too well. You're dead wrong in your assessment of medical care in this country.

Yes, that paragon of brainpower named John Boehner agrees with you......but he was wrong, just like you.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... est-world/

Seems that everybody who tells the truth about American health care is an America-Hater to you.

:roll:

Where is Heffay to defend the MN GunTalk Troll Champion title?
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby LePetomane on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:10 pm

St. Olaf wrote:Seems that everybody who tells the truth about American health care is an America-Hater to you.

It's not the truth. You have no first hand experience to base your statement on. Just a bunch of emotionally charged rhetoric. I have received medical care in the former Soviet Union while visiting. It's primitive. If I contracted my last illness there I'd be dead by now. I would have died waiting for treatment. You know nothing about health care in other countries as compared to the US and your prejudices refuse for you to admit it.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby ShadowFlyP on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:13 pm

What country has the best steak dinner? If I had all the money in the world and I wanted the ultimate in the steak eating experience, where would I go? Whatever country it is, could you say that country has the best steak system in the world?

Since, if money is no bounds, people come to the US for their medical treatment, I don't think there is any half-truth in claiming we have the best health system.

The problem with claiming we have the "best" system is coming to agreement on what the metrics are. With anything as complex as a health system you can't come up with some simple benchmark that isn't going to have some amount of idiological influence to it.
ShadowFlyP

Postby grousemaster on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:14 pm

Heffay never trolled like this. He's more sarcastic, information based, and never preached the virtues of communism.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby LePetomane on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:18 pm

grousemaster wrote:Heffay never trolled like this. He's more sarcastic, information based, and never preached the virtues of communism.

Quite right. Heffay deals it out and can take it. He'll even admit when he's wrong, which is not very often. This guy is just a miserable cuss.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby St. Olaf on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:39 pm

LePetomane wrote:
St. Olaf wrote:Seems that everybody who tells the truth about American health care is an America-Hater to you.

It's not the truth. You have no first hand experience to base your statement on. Just a bunch of emotionally charged rhetoric. I have received medical care in the former Soviet Union while visiting. It's primitive. If I contracted my last illness there I'd be dead by now. I would have died waiting for treatment. You know nothing about health care in other countries as compared to the US and your prejudices refuse for you to admit it.

Yes, just because you say so, I know nothing.....in fact, all the links I posted know nothing, only you and the Tea Party and the brain-challenged John Boehner know EVERYTHING.

:rotf:
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will end up plowing for those who didn't.
St. Olaf

Postby St. Olaf on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:42 pm

Since, if money is no bounds, people come to the US for their medical treatment, I don't think there is any half-truth in claiming we have the best health system.

This too, is a laughable, just like Boehner's prattle.

The best health care system for the rich is not the best health care system......just a premium system within a poor system.

:flag:
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will end up plowing for those who didn't.
St. Olaf

Postby LePetomane on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:46 pm

St. Olaf wrote:Yes, just because you say so, I know nothing.....in fact, all the links I posted know nothing, only you and the Tea Party and the brain-challenged John Boehner know EVERYTHING.

Can you site some examples based on firsthand experiences?
LePetomane

Postby Heffay on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:46 pm

XDM45 wrote:Where is Heffay to defend the MN GunTalk Troll Champion title?

When I find a worthy contender, I will defend my title.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby Dutch on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:50 pm

Here's a story for ya....

Apartment complex Netherlands

When the construction of apartment complex “Netherlands” was finished and the building was turned over to the new residents , Jane (a part time teacher) and Jim (a social worker) offered to take care of shared services like staircases, elevators and such. We thought that was a great idea, so we voted them in -unanimously- to become the Association Board.
The board decided to make the expenses for common maintenance income dependent. From now on we had to pay 5% of our annual income for association fees. Most of us earned about the same amount of money and we kind of liked it, that the rich yuppie guy from number 40 with his Corvette would pay the most.
The first blow came, when the elevator shafts needed to be renewed. A contractor (who later appeared to be the brother in law of Jane) was hired to do the job. The final bill was 10 times higher than estimated, due to “unforeseen” circumstances. The Board did hire an expensive lawyer (the ex of Jane), without results. The contractor had left for Paraguay.
In order to get out of the financial misery, Jane and Jim increased the association fee with 10%. We protested. Jim hired an agency for the sum of 10k to investigate the cause of the problems. After 6 months this agency came to the conclusion, that “some things went wrong” and the recommendation was, to “do it better next time”.
Jane had also been very busy. The association flyer lacked professionalism. She hired one of the residents (an old friend of Jim) to become full-time editor. Since then our own newspaper was filled with interviews with Jane and Jim. And with announcements about new house rules. Every month there were new rules. It was “too dangerous” to wash our own windows. Jane had hired a window washer (her mentally challenged son owned the business). New paint on your front door had to be approved by a committee, founded by Jim. No more smoking, drinking, barbequing and talking on your balcony. Jane appointed 10 residents to patrol in and around the building and fine those who violated the rules. Nice uniforms, Armani design.
Because of all this, association fees increased to 30% of our annual income. Some residents ended up in financial trouble. The Board founded “Solidarity Aid”, and residents could apply for financial help when facing hard times through this program. The result was that association fees were raised to 40%.
The guy from number 40 was the first one to call it quits. He left. A single mom took his place. Her income was very low, and the board decided to waiver her association fee. Jim and Jane renamed the complex to “Solidarity Apartments” and the concept got attention from everywhere. Jim and Jane were praised for their social ideas and they made their appearance in several talk shows on TV. Not just local, also nationwide. They spread the news that low income residents did not have to pay association fees. The result was a long list with poor people, waiting for an opening. It was a hit. Three clerks were hired to process all these applications and 2 paid commissions to set priorities. The most needy applicants qualified first as they needed the apartments the most.
Now here is the present situation: We pay 60% of our income on association fees. Jim and Jane’s staff is 40 paid employees. The 10 apartments on the top floor have been acquired and reconstructed to office space for the Association Board. Reconstruction expenses have gotten completely out of hand and Jim contracted the same agency as before, this time for 20k. People whispered, that Jim’s retirement party (he retired due to a back injury, and the board –Jane- elected Jim’s son to be his successor) also was 20.000, the Pavarotti performance not included. Of course we don’t know for sure, the party was staff members only. SOB (the flyer is now called “Solidarity Ordnance Bulletin”) did not mention anything about it. The editor’s office expanded like an oil stain and now occupies 4 former apartments. In order to pay for all this, Jane started charging “compulsory contribution”. Every year it gets more.
The elevators still don’t work and the building shows signs of decay. Jim Jr. and Jane ignore all protests and state that there is no budget for it. “We have to cut spending; there is simply no money for elevators. Stop complaining or elect a new Board!”
But see, the problem is we could never ever get rid of Jim Jr. and Jill. A majority of the residents gets money from “Solidarity Aid” or works for the Board (or both). And that majority likes to keep it that way.
Jim Jr. and Jill would not have any trouble winning the elections. They bought their positions with the money that they took from us in the name of general interest. We’re trapped. If this continues, association fees will go up to 90% and we’ll all go bankrupt. And there’s nothing we can do about it.
“Leave!”, you say? Well, that all that’s left but for some sentimental reason we can’t make the decision. We keep putting it off.
Well, you get the picture. This resembles the process of decades of increasing taxes, without significant resistance. In 1910 10% income tax was enough to run the country, in the 70’s it was 40% and currently the state takes 60% of all earnings.
Men may argue forever on what wins their wars, and welter in cons and pros, and seek for the answer at history's doors, but the man with the rifle knows.
Dutch

Postby St. Olaf on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:01 pm

Yeah, and before that, only the rich paid a token income tax.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0005921.html

Somewhere along the way, we went astray.

:flag:
Last edited by St. Olaf on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
St. Olaf

Postby LePetomane on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:16 pm

This guy (or girl) has no life experiences. He lives through blogs and trolls forums. Probably has never lived outside of the nanny state of Minnesota. There is nothing wrong with that but don't tell us how much better health care is in third world countries if you haven't experienced it.
LePetomane

Postby St. Olaf on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:21 pm

LePetomane wrote:This guy (or girl) has no life experiences. He lives through blogs and trolls forums. Probably has never lived outside of the nanny state of Minnesota. There is nothing wrong with that but don't tell us how much better health care is in third world countries if you haven't experienced it.

You know.....I think I'll just let you keep making a big fool of yourself.

You deserve it.

You babble on bitterly about this when you haven't even understood what the debate is about.

Nanny state of Minnesota?

St. Olaf

Postby Heffay on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:34 pm

Dutch wrote:Here's a story for ya....

Apartment complex Netherlands

Jim is obviously the republican and Jill is the democrat. This is a great anecdote about the need for a 3rd party. People need to stop throwing away their votes on Jim and Jill.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby grousemaster on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:36 pm

Heffay wrote:
XDM45 wrote:Where is Heffay to defend the MN GunTalk Troll Champion title?

When I find a worthy contender, I will defend my title.

Yup, the newbie is an amateur
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

PreviousNext

Return to Politics