What IS the Actual Distribution of Wealth?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Postby St. Olaf on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:01 pm

Some folks here seem to have no idea about how America's wealth is distributed.

This makes it clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... PKKQnijnsM
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will end up plowing for those who didn't.
St. Olaf

Re: What IS the Actual Distribution of Wealth?

Postby infidel on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:10 pm

St. Olaf wrote:Some folks here seem to have no idea about how America's wealth is distributed.

This makes it clear.

You question other sources and you post this crap? You really think mother jones or thinkprogress is unbiased? Go back to dem underground.
“If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.” - John Ashley

Disclaimer: Do not assume from this post, that I either agree or disagree with any other issue brought up in this thread.
infidel

Postby NMRMN on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:11 pm

heh.
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Postby xd ED on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:14 pm

St. Olaf wrote:Some folks here seem to have no idea about how America's wealth is distributed.

This makes it clear.

Nice spooky music, and echo-y voice; It convinced me. I now believe.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby tman on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:18 pm

This makes it clear.

What's your point?

We should all be aspiring to be that "wealthy guy."

What percentage of all taxes do the wealthy pay now? The top 10% of earners pay over 70% percent of taxes. Seems like they're already paying their share.

http://www.ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays- ... taxes.html
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby NMRMN on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:26 pm

In the video the example is given of amount of work that the CEO does vs. the "average" worker vs. "average" pay and CEO pay.
However, income or wealth is not (and should) not only be a reflection of "work" performed. Is your investment portfolio doing better than mine? Consider the man who farmed land with oil underneath and the man whose land had none. In both of these cases neither one is any less entitled to the money that they receive.

Furthermore, to the example, a well-paid CEO should be generating the equivalent amount of income to the company that the average worker does. If the average worker generates $10 for every one dollar paid then the CEO who is paid 1000 times that should generate 1000 times as well.

If that's not the case then the CEO is overpaid. The relationship should have nothing to do with how much the CEO makes versus how much the average worker Makes

You know why a trader for some big Wall Street firm gets paid the $10 million bonus? It's because they made the firm $200 million that year.

added: I am not suggesting that there is not inequality and corruption in the system -- just responding to the video specifically.
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Postby sansooshooter on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:29 pm

Why respond to anything this troll posts.
Unless in it for pure entertainment. He was what communists referred to as a useful idiot!
sansooshooter

Postby NMRMN on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:44 pm

sansooshooter wrote:Why respond to anything this troll posts.
Unless in it for pure entertainment. He was what communists referred to as a useful idiot!

entertainment. see if libs have anything new to bring to the table. etc. Im kinda curious about his priorities for gun rights, which are really a partisan issue, unless he's a rural DFL'er. I have to say its great to have the support in gun rights of the rural DFL. Too bad I disagree with so much else. The reason I mention priorities, is that among most gun folks, it is usually a high one. Curious to see how things play out in the rural DFL over time on this issue. Olaf seems to encourage support for the party that would typically strip him of his rights. Not sure how he reconciles that if he is commited to 2A.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Postby NMRMN on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:51 pm

Olaf: would you vote Democratic, whose platform you clearly seem to advocate, even if it means ultimately giving up your second amendment rights?

edit: and don't even begin to tell me they won't.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Postby St. Olaf on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:01 pm

Well, the value of a clear understanding of the extreme disparities in the distribution of wealth in America is that one can readily understand how the wealthy can pay 90% in income tax and still live like kings.

A lot of people seem confused by that.

As far as the DFL, there was no other choice in this past election. The Republicans had screwed things up so badly that it was essential to get DFL majorities in House and Senate to work with our governor to fix the problems.

As to gun control.....it seems to be going in a good direction, so it looks like I was right again.

Funny how that works.

:flag:
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will end up plowing for those who didn't.
St. Olaf

Postby NMRMN on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:04 pm

St. Olaf wrote:Well, the value of a clear understanding of the extreme disparities in the distribution of wealth in America is that one can readily understand how the wealthy can pay 90% in income tax and still live like kings.

You don't have a clear understanding.
St. Olaf wrote:A lot of people seem confused by that.

you mean you?
St. Olaf wrote:As far as the DFL, there was no other choice in this past election. The Republicans had screwed things up so badly that it was essential to get DFL majorities in House and Senate to work with our governor to fix the problems.

What did they screw up?
St. Olaf wrote:As to gun control.....it seems to be going in a good direction, so it looks like I was right again.

ummm, didnt the DFL introduce the legislation we have been fighting for the past 2 months?
St. Olaf wrote:Funny how that works.

hilarious.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Postby St. Olaf on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:48 pm

...didnt the DFL introduce the legislation we have been fighting for the past 2 months?

A few nitwits introduced it..... but most DFLers seem to be rolling their eyes at the stupidity.

St. Olaf

Postby NMRMN on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:49 pm

St. Olaf wrote:
...didnt the DFL introduce the legislation we have been fighting for the past 2 months?

A few nitwits introduced it..... but most DFLers seem to be rolling their eyes at the stupidity.

The few rural DFL'ers in MN are probably the only Democrats in the country that don't support new legislation.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Postby tman on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:56 pm

NMRMN wrote:Olaf: would you vote Democratic, whose platform you clearly seem to advocate, even if it means ultimately giving up your second amendment rights?

That is a fair question to which Olaf never gave a straight answer. He dodged it by saying, gee, it looks like things are going to work out anyway.

Please answer the question as asked.

Sent from my iPhone using that app which shall not be named.
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby St. Olaf on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:09 pm

tman wrote:
NMRMN wrote:Olaf: would you vote Democratic, whose platform you clearly seem to advocate, even if it means ultimately giving up your second amendment rights?

That is a fair question to which Olaf never gave a straight answer. He dodged it by saying, gee, it looks like things are going to work out anyway.

Rather than being fair or unfair, the question is just stupid.

Define second amendment rights, if you can, and I might be able to take a shot at answering it.

And, I didn't say, "gee, it looks like things are going to work out anyway."

But it does look like things are going to work out just like I thought they would.

St. Olaf

Next

Return to Politics