Simple Words From Robert Reich

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Simple Words From Robert Reich

Postby St. Olaf on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:01 pm

So the money that gets redistributed from us to you, will then be distribute out again? How nice of you.

I don't need anything from you......looks like I'm already in a much higher pay grade.

You just hang on to the little you've got.

:flag:
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will end up plowing for those who didn't.
St. Olaf

Postby ShadowFlyP on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:03 pm

St. Olaf wrote:
What exactly is the job of government? It is hard to determine the correct size when the liberal philosophy tends to be big enough to do everything, including banning a folded piece of metal with a spring.

It really IS a difficult question, although it should be framed as "how much larger" rather than "how small."

That's why we need a group that's smarter than the Tea Party to decide.

It really is NOT that difficult of a question. Are there limits on government? If so, where do they come from?

You keep bringing up this "Tea Party" argument and "Fox News". I've never been a member of the Tea Party and I have basic cable, simply so I can get Hi-speed.
ShadowFlyP

Postby grousemaster on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:06 pm

He still can't give a basic break down of the plan to balance our budget , nor can he tell us at what rate he would like to tax us. If you haven't noticed, he usually answers questions with references to the Tea Party, Fox News, or rich folks....a lot of people owe him!
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby NMRMN on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:07 pm

St. Olaf wrote:
NMRMN wrote:
St. Olaf wrote: It's too often used as an excuse for bad behavior.

Good thing we have you here to set us straight... Err, legislate us straight.

Thats sarcasm, because I imagine you will miss that if I dont point it out.

I'm not here to legislate or set anyone straight.....just to offer a point of view that I noticed was missing.

:mrgreen:

offering a point of view is one thing, and I aggree. Its good to have healthy debate. Badgering, instigating, provoking is not helpful, and betrays a sick psyche, in seeing how much you get off on it.
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Postby St. Olaf on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:17 pm

ShadowFlyP wrote:
St. Olaf wrote:
What exactly is the job of government? It is hard to determine the correct size when the liberal philosophy tends to be big enough to do everything, including banning a folded piece of metal with a spring.

It really IS a difficult question, although it should be framed as "how much larger" rather than "how small."

That's why we need a group that's smarter than the Tea Party to decide.

It really is NOT that difficult of a question. Are there limits on government? If so, where do they come from?

The limits are based on the extent of the need and the resources available.

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will end up plowing for those who didn't.
St. Olaf

Postby St. Olaf on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:18 pm

offering a point of view is one thing, and I aggree. Its good to have healthy debate. Badgering, instigating, provoking is not helpful, and betrays a sick psyche, in seeing how much you get off on it.

So, stop badgering and offer a point of view.

St. Olaf

Postby grousemaster on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:20 pm

St. Olaf said: The limits are based on the extent of the need and the resources available.

and...we have a marxist.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby ShadowFlyP on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:21 pm

St. Olaf wrote:The limits are based on the extent of the need and the resources available.

Where have I heard this line before? "Jeder nach seinen Fähigkeiten, jedem nach seinen Bedürfnissen."

I think your emoticon is waving the wrong flag.
(Yes, two can play the name-calling game)
ShadowFlyP

Postby grousemaster on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:23 pm

ShadowFlyP wrote:
St. Olaf wrote:The limits are based on the extent of the need and the resources available.

Where have I heard this line before? "Jeder nach seinen Fähigkeiten, jedem nach seinen Bedürfnissen."

I think your emoticon is waving the wrong flag.
(Yes, two can play the name-calling game)

These same arguments have been made so many times. So many have died. Tens of millions of body bags have been filled do to this line of thinking.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby ShadowFlyP on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:25 pm

grousemaster wrote:These same arguments have been made so many times. So many have died. Tens of millions of body bags have been filled do to this line of thinking.

Agree 100%.
ShadowFlyP

Postby LePetomane on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:12 am

St. Olaf wrote:
Baloney. According to the distribution of wealth information, you're hardly contributing the weight of a couple of sparrows.

We at least want to get you up to a couple of chickens.

I pay plenty. I just did my personal and business taxes and the amount I pay is quite a bit. And them I get a beatdown from someone like you who is on a State of Minnesota pension with free health insurance that you probably abuse while you probably smoke and overeat. You're on the public dole as far as I'm concerned. You've said before,"I've already got mine." You advocate higher taxes so the goose that laid your golden egg doesn't go away. You are an income envious liberal. You're probably sleeping one off as I write this. I'm up at this time every day to prepare for my work which generates my income which gets taxed to generate yours.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby goalie on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:53 am

St. Olaf wrote:

No. They are based on the constitution, which defines the limits of the federal government's powers, and grants those not listed to the states.
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby St. Olaf on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:46 am

LePetomane wrote:
St. Olaf wrote:
Baloney. According to the distribution of wealth information, you're hardly contributing the weight of a couple of sparrows.

We at least want to get you up to a couple of chickens.

I pay plenty. I just did my personal and business taxes and the amount I pay is quite a bit. And them I get a beatdown from someone like you who is on a State of Minnesota pension with free health insurance that you probably abuse while you probably smoke and overeat. You're on the public dole as far as I'm concerned. You've said before,"I've already got mine." You advocate higher taxes so the goose that laid your golden egg doesn't go away. You are an income envious liberal. You're probably sleeping one off as I write this. I'm up at this time every day to prepare for my work which generates my income which gets taxed to generate yours.

Did you get a beatdown? I didn't see that, sorry.

So you think retired military vets are on the public dole?

You'll find yourself in a miniscule minority on that one.

The goose that laid MY golden egg was me.....by planning, investing and crafting a career that would take care of me in my old age.

By the way.....I PAY for my Medicare out of my Social Security and I PAID for my Tri-Care with 22 years of service. I get the same deal available to anybody who wants to do it.

If you failed to do that, it's your problem......take responsibility for it.

St. Olaf

Postby St. Olaf on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:55 am

goalie wrote:
St. Olaf wrote:

No. They are based on the constitution, which defines the limits of the federal government's powers, and grants those not listed to the states.

No, the Constitution does not say that our rich nation should should deny health care to poor people and their babies because they're poor and therefore subhuman.

It does not say that our rich nation should deny education to the children of poor people because they're poor and therefore subhuman.

It's just that some fearful, selfish and greedy people try to misuse the Constitution to deny the poor their human rights.

Ain't gonna work. Far too obviously bogus.

St. Olaf

Postby grousemaster on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:59 am

St. Olaf wrote:
goalie wrote:
St. Olaf wrote:

No, the Constitution does not say that our rich nation should should deny health care to poor people and their babies because they're poor and therefore subhuman.

It does not say that our rich nation should deny education to the children of poor people because they're poor and therefore subhuman.

It's just that some fearful, selfish and greedy people try to misuse the Constitution to deny the poor their human rights.

Ain't gonna work. Far too obviously bogus.

To those who say some of us are paranoid about commies in america....thought I'd make sure this quote got saved before he deleted it.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

PreviousNext

Return to Politics