"I can't fight the NRA" - Dianne Feinstein

Firearms related political discussion forum

Postby XDM45 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:55 pm

"I can't fight the NRA" - Dianne Feinstein (PURE GOLD on Page 2 of this article)

http://www.rollcall.com/news/democrats_ ... ?pos=hbtxt
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Re: "I can't fight the NRA" - Dianne Feinstein

Postby flyhigh511 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:39 pm

I feel sooooooooo bad for her.
flyhigh511

Postby 2in2out on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:48 pm

Like our friends at Protect Minnesota, she's a true anti-gunner, though. She really means it when she says that she won't give up.

And that means we can't give up, either.

If there's a silver lining, it's that all this commotion has cause a whole bunch of people to get off the fence they were sitting on. This has opened a dialog that we can use to educate and inspire. I really think that the high number of people applying for carry permits, and first-time gun owners is something that will change the political climate toward gun control. We just need to keep the momentum going.

I think this could very well be a time of correction, where fewer people fear something they may not understand. Well... except for the writer of the letter in the Strib that wanted them to take hunting pictures off the sports pages..... :roll:
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Re: Re: "I can't fight the NRA" - Dianne Feinstein

Postby IDPA Shooter on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:01 pm

flyhigh511 wrote:I feel sooooooooo bad for her.

+ 1 Di Fi, Boxer and Pelosi should all resign. I doubt even CA could elect worse people...

Sent from my Sprint EVO LTE using Taptalk
Bob Jahn NRA CRSO, IDPA 5 Gunner
USCCA Certified Training Counselor
NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun, Advanced Pistol Instructor
Massad Ayoob Group Instructor
Defense Training Intl (John Farnam) Instructor

http://www.rejfirearmstraining.com
IDPA Shooter

Postby XDM45 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:22 pm

2in2out wrote:Like our friends at Protect Minnesota, she's a true anti-gunner, though. She really means it when she says that she won't give up.

And that means we can't give up, either.

If there's a silver lining, it's that all this commotion has cause a whole bunch of people to get off the fence they were sitting on. This has opened a dialog that we can use to educate and inspire. I really think that the high number of people applying for carry permits, and first-time gun owners is something that will change the political climate toward gun control. We just need to keep the momentum going.

I think this could very well be a time of correction, where fewer people fear something they may not understand. Well... except for the writer of the letter in the Strib that wanted them to take hunting pictures off the sports pages..... :roll:

I wholeheartedly agree.

As I've been stating for awhile, now is the time to keep the momentum going, for once...and for two, not since the Revolutionary War has the fight for 2A been so important.

We know freedom-raping-rights-losing legislation and laws (aka "Gun Control" and "Assault Weapons Bans") DO NOT WORK!! We can look at other certain countries, states in the US, and of course our own recent past from 1994-2004. We can take real statistics that are unbiased and based strictly on data without emotion to back our logic and reasoning on how guns give people the ability to save more lives than they are used to take., but in the end though, we are primarily using logic and the other side is primarily using emotion. Look at the now-famous ATVM video where he was at an anti-gun demonstration and when he spoke to a lady about guns who basically thought that using guns was ok to defend our country, but an individual shouldn't be able to defend themselves. Seriously? Really? Yeah... that's pretty whack-a-doodle-poodle if ya ask me.

I'm sure they think the same of us as well, that we're emotionally given nut jobs who make love to our guns, and yes, emotions DO get involved on both sides; however, I think firearm owners (and especially those with PTCs), must be more in charge and control of their emotions than those who don't own firearms.

Why?

Well, if you don't own a firearm, you can only shoot off your mouth, but if you have a gun, you can back it up with force if need be in the legally proper situation. For example, an anti-gunner can yell at an intruder in their home and call 911, just as we can too, however the difference is we can do so at the end of a firearm and when we yell "STOP!", the crook knows what the question "...or else what?" will be answered by if our life is threatened.

We want people to understand and not fear gun through education, logic, and training; they want to use fear, uncertainty and doubt as a weapon. They don't want to understand anything but their way is the only way. Much like any fundamentalism is, it becomes larger than what they are supposedly being fundamentalist about. Enough said on that.

So my long-winded rambling point I'm getting to is that while we still need to focus on all the usual stuff, NOW is ALSO the time to get people involved in purchasing firearms, training, education, etc if they're interested, if they approach us, if they are new and mention they just got a gun, etc. I think by doing that, we will not only double our efforts, but we'll get more people on our side. Owning guns by itself isn't enough...it's all of the things that go with it, responsibility, safety, education, training, proper use of firearms, activism, etc which matter too.

I'm more than willing to help out wherever and whenever I can.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby eldo on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:26 pm

XDM45 wrote:"I can't fight the NRA" - Dianne Feinstein (PURE GOLD on Page 2 of this article)

“I can’t fight the NRA. The NRA spends unlimited sums, backed by the gun manufacturers — who are craven, in my view,” she said.

What percentage of funding for the NRA actually comes from firearms manufacturers as opposed to the 4.5 million every day dues-paying grassroots members?

From Wikipedia:
"In 2010, the organization reported an income of $227.8 million with roughly $115 million in revenue generated from fundraising, sales, advertising and royalties, with the remainder originating from membership dues."

So half of the NRA funding comes from advertising (yes, some from gun manufacturers along with everything including Pajamagrams to log splitters), but also merchandise sales, insurance endorsements and Friends of the NRA banquets; the other $113 million of the NRA money comes from dues paying members.
I suppose we are craven too, eh Diane?
What a POS.
Last edited by eldo on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eldo

Postby XDM45 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:26 pm

2in2out wrote:Like our friends at Protect Minnesota, she's a true anti-gunner, though. She really means it when she says that she won't give up.

It'd be easy to discredit her.

All I'd have to do is offer her $10,000 to come to the range with me and shoot for an afternoon. Get it on video.

I think the fact that Paymar isn't letting things go, and the fact they are still trying to grab in desperation is doing far more damage.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby XDM45 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:27 pm

eldo wrote:
XDM45 wrote:"I can't fight the NRA" - Dianne Feinstein (PURE GOLD on Page 2 of this article)

“I can’t fight the NRA. The NRA spends unlimited sums, backed by the gun manufacturers — who are craven, in my view,” she said.

What percentage of funding for the NRA actually comes from firearms manufacturers as opposed to the 4.5 million every day dues-paying grassroots members?

From Wikipedia:
"In 2010, the organization reported an income of $227.8 million with roughly $115 million in revenue generated from fundraising, sales, advertising and royalties, with the remainder originating from membership dues."

So half of the NRA funding comes from advertising (yes, some from gun manufacturers along with everything including Pajamagrams to log splitters), but also merchandise sales, insurance endorsements and Friends of the NRA banquets; the other $113 million of the NRA money comes from dues paying members.
I suppose we are craven too, eh Diana?
What a POS.

AGs don't pay attention to details like that. You should know better. ;)
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby AR on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:43 pm

The Liberal Media also DEMONIZES the NRA....

PR is needed....like bus stop adds with a single mom and her kids saying 'I am the NRA' A senior citizen saying " I am the NRA" etc etc.

On the order of Oleg Volks posters showing real families and their need for self-defense with firearms.

Also Paymar needs to be rudely corrected when he shovels the BS 'backed by the NRA and Gun Manufactuers.

I would also suggest that Heather Martens be Shouted Down when she says the same thing...'The NRA and the GUN MANUFACTURERS

George Bush was 'marginalized' because he didn't push back the Media BS. The NRA needs to go ON OFFENSE to clarify just who they are.

AR

Postby Sarge_44 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:06 pm

Yeah. Lets let interest groups run this country. That's always a good idea. They want what's best for every one.
*Liberal Gun Owner*
Sarge_44

Postby eldo on Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:16 pm

AR wrote:The Liberal Media also DEMONIZES the NRA....

PR is needed....like bus stop adds with a single mom and her kids saying 'I am the NRA' A senior citizen saying " I am the NRA" etc etc.

On the order of Oleg Volks posters showing real families and their need for self-defense with firearms....

Heh.
When this latest gun control brouhaha started, I printed up a bunch of business cards with that exact same graphic above from Oleg on it (along with another graphic from Oleg on the reverse side of the card). I have them to hand out at the Capitol as well as at town meetings, mail to legislators, and I also leave them in various random places like Gander, Home Depot, Cub etc. in my one-man guerrilla effort to get the word out one person at a time.
eldo

Re:

Postby AR on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Sarge_44 wrote:Yeah. Lets let interest groups run this country. That's always a good idea. They want what's best for every one.

The Left's attack on the National Rifle Association is a "Big Lie"
It needs to be shut down aggressively.

The Big Lie (German: Große Lüge) is a propaganda technique. The expression was coined by Adolf Hitler, when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, about the use of a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously." Hitler asserted the technique was used by Jews to unfairly blame Germany's loss in World War I on German Army officer Erich Ludendorff.

The phrase was also used in a report prepared during the war by the United States Office of Strategic Services in describing Hitler's psychological profile:[5][6]

His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.[7]
AR

Postby sabre on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:51 am

We need to stay energized and keep the pressure up. I see cracks in the anti's push, but on these forums. we can't assume we are winning. If you listened to the conservative forums not long ago you would think Romney had the 2012 election in the bag.
NY lost big, as did CO. We need to keep up the fight in MN and nationally.
CHARGE!

Sent via Tapatalk 2
sabre

Postby FJ540 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:15 pm

Meanwhile comcast bans gun and ammo commercials. Who's cancelling their cable and internet contract now?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/bus ... s/2009717/
FJ540

Postby XDM45 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:45 pm

FJ540 wrote:Meanwhile comcast bans gun and ammo commercials. Who's cancelling their cable and internet contract now?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/bus ... s/2009717/

Not me. Unless you're running fiber to my house, replacing my entire network (routers, switches, in-wall wiring from CAT5e single core to fiber) with fiber gear (including the NICs in my PCs). I'll take a OC-1 at a minimum please :) No way am I going to DSL because you need to be within 18,000 feet of a CO and for anything high-speed, 5,000 (ideally 3,000) feet or less. DSL is basically a faster dial-up for and intents and purposes because it still uses POTS provided by the LEC from your demarc to your CO.

I'd use Charter, but the PUC sees cable as being under their control and I'm in Comcast's area. Also, once DOCSIS 3.1 comes out and you get channel bonding, things are going to improve. Right now, the cable stations send you all signals for all channels because cable was designed for TV, not Internet; well, when DOCSIS 3.1 is out, and everyone is up to speed on it, you'll only be sent the signal for the channel(s) you are currently viewing, so that will free up more channels for bandwidth for Internet usage, which will up everyone's bandwidth capability.

What is your other choice? Satellite? DSL? Dial-up? ISDN? Maybe they are an option for others, but not viable for me. I already pay for things I don't agree with, like the IRS, and I accept that evil I guess. Honestly, I'm ahead of the game. Back when I had cancer 12 years ago and didn't have insurance, all of my expenses were covered, so I view any taxes I pay not as paying back the money that saved my life for the treatment I received. I'm still ahead of the game as I see it. I still disagree with the government's waste on other things, but that's another thread.

I suppose I could not have Internet at home, but I work in the IT field and it's required, so unless you have a job that doesn't require it and pays me a very healthy income, I think I'll stay with Comcast. Some evils are necessary. When MCI was around they paid AT&T to use their lines because it was cheaper than running their own, but that's just one example.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Next

Return to Politics