OBAMA: TYRANNY IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE 'GOVERNMENT' IS US

Firearms related political discussion forum

OBAMA: TYRANNY IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE 'GOVERNMENT' IS US

Postby NMRMN on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:11 pm

Just how incredibly stupid does he think we are?

Read More at http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... constrains
Last edited by NMRMN on Mon May 06, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Re: OBAMA: TYRANNY IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE 'GOVERNMENT' IS US

Postby Stylin750 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:31 am

sounds like something a dictator or tyrant would say
Give me liberty or give me death... Those willing to give up liberty for safety deserve neither...
Stylin750

Postby sansooshooter on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:28 am

Thats funny coming from a guy who is building up a federal internal police force ! That he said should be on par with the Army or Marine's.
He will show up in each state that does his dirty work on gun control for him.
We need to watch an end of session, last minute gun control bull rush here in our own little lefty state!
sansooshooter

Postby NMRMN on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:22 pm

Last edited by NMRMN on Mon May 06, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Postby MNHandK on Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:11 am

He's partly right. The government is made by the people for the people.. Yadda Yadda..

However, when those that are elected cannot be unelected.. When those that are elected appoint corrupt individuals.. When those that are appointed or elected make unfair laws and rules for those who are not.. Is when the threat of tyranny arises.

Take for instance the tax laws.. If the government wanted to get you they could likely find a year where you incorrectly reported your taxes. In doing that it snowballs and creates more illegal activity. They argue..well if you are truly a law abiding citizen these rules and regs shouldn't matter. If you have nothing to hide.. why does it matter so much. Even i agreed with that at one point. And it would be fine.. Until they deem you a threat. Them the dominos start to fall against you.

I would say that even today we are living in what could be classified as a tyrannical state in that the average man has no recourse. It has drifted from innocent until proven guilty to you're guilty unless you have enough money to fight it. And if you win..great, you'll be broke. There are no reprocussions for misuse of power, over reaching regulations and laws. The rules break any laws.. No matter they don't apply to them. They get convicted or have hearings in their committees, but get nothing more than a slap on the wrist.
MNHandK

Postby Q on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:05 pm

When scoundrels are able to absolutely rape American citizens out of their hard earned money to the tune of millions and this government that is supposed to be comprised of "us" does not one thing to punish the transgressors, you may be experiencing tyranny.

When a car thief can go to prison for stealing a 10,000 USD vehicle, but the same people mentioned above get huge bonus checks, you are living in the United States of America.
Q

Postby 2in2out on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:52 pm

I think history is filled with countries whose leaders were initially elected and then changed the government in such a way to give themselves incrementally more power until they have it all. If that's not enough the world we live in has plenty of examples of that right now.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Josh189 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:38 pm

He always says one thing and does the exact opposite. Look at taxes. SS. The war on guns. His hometown has more than 20 times the murder toll of sandy hook, but NOW he wants to do something.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Josh189

Return to Politics