Executive order

Firearms related political discussion forum

Executive order

Postby 301spartan on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:45 pm

What day will he enact executive order to ban the import of guns and ammo .im thinking Friday .
301spartan

Re: Executive order

Postby Tronster on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:54 pm

If they implement it as implied, it would in essence block imports of foreign ammo/brass/primers, spare parts, magazines, and entire guns.

I'd bet half the handguns in gun shop cases all over the country are imported.
Tronster

Postby goett047 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:30 pm

That's one way to create American jobs
goett047

Postby Heffay on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:21 am

goett047 wrote:That's one way to create American jobs

If you haven't invested in American firearms manufacturers yet, this is the time to do it!
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby sansooshooter on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:11 am

Again Obumma doesn't get his way and ignores congress and picks up a pen and gets what he wants!
The media of course will give this the proper spin for the sheeple!
King obumma ruling by declaration of his will!

Who says our participation in government matters?
Plainly we don't count.
sansooshooter

Postby Hmac on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:17 am

sansooshooter wrote:Again Obumma doesn't get his way and ignores congress and picks up a pen and gets what he wants!

Plainly we don't count.

Over half the country wanted him to be president and currently about 47% of the people think he's still representing them just fine. You're just in the wrong half.
Hmac

Postby sansooshooter on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:46 am

Hmac wrote:
sansooshooter wrote:Again Obumma doesn't get his way and ignores congress and picks up a pen and gets what he wants!

Plainly we don't count.

Over half the country wanted him to be president and currently about 47% of the people think he's still representing them just fine. You're just in the wrong half.

Congress just dumped the anti gun bill. Because people are not happy about the gun bills. If a majority of people supported Obama on gun control.
He would not be signing anti gun executive orders!
I said nothing about elections. We are on the topic of executive orders.
Polls say what pollsters want them to say. Half the country gets a check from government and have a vested interest in growing government.
Thru the progressive Dems & rino Replulcans!
sansooshooter

Postby MaryB on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:58 pm

this should land in court to get it tossed out. Infringes on the second amendment by severely limiting the supply of guns and ammo.
MaryB

Postby yuppiejr on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:43 am

MaryB wrote:this should land in court to get it tossed out. Infringes on the second amendment by severely limiting the supply of guns and ammo.

History does not support you in this, unfortunately... look at the Clinton executive order banning importation of AK and other "assault" pattern rifles + pistols, Bush banned importation of Norinco firearms and ammo that Clinton didn't catch back in '93... It's happened before and will likely happen again.

If I got the scope of what's being considered right, basically any high capacity magazines, parts, ammunition or "military style weapons" could all be in-scope for an executive order banning importation modeled after the UN small arms trade treaty.
yuppiejr

Postby minnhawk on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:48 am

Bye bye Saiga shotguns.......shoulda bought one when I could.
Eleven-Bravo, 1/4 INF, 3ID
minnhawk

Postby xd ED on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:02 am

Heffay wrote:

If you haven't invested in American firearms manufacturers yet, this is the time to do it!

It is my understanding that most gunpowder is imported, and the domestic stuff is manufactured by concerns who regularly receive large defense contracts, making them vulnerable to political pressure.
Civilian gunpowder sales pale in comparison to the military contracts.

Estimates range from months, out as far as 2 years as to when the domestic supply of smokeless powder could disappear.

That wouldn't put the American civilian firearms industry in much of a position for long term growth.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby sansooshooter on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:40 am

xd ED wrote:
Heffay wrote:

It is my understanding that most gunpowder is imported, and the domestic stuff is manufactured by concerns who regularly receive large defense contracts, making them vulnerable to political pressure.
Civilian gunpowder sales pale in comparison to the military contracts.

Estimates range from months, out as far as 2 years as to when the domestic supply of smokeless powder could disappear.

That wouldn't put the American civilian firearms industry in much of a position for long term growth.

In other words , Guns would be available for the average citizen. But only the rich will be able to shoot on a regular basis!
Which would disenfranchise the poor from being gun owners! Isn't that why we cant have voter ID. Because its not fair to the poor?
And having to obtain a ID would block them from their right to vote!(even when the state provides one for free)
Not having ammo blocks us from using our 2nd amendment rights.
sansooshooter

Postby Heffay on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:00 am

xd ED wrote:Estimates range from months, out as far as 2 years as to when the domestic supply of smokeless powder could disappear.

Source?
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Executive order

Postby xd ED on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:41 am

At this point all I can say is: 'the internets'. The time frame was mentioned in something I read, but do not have immediate access to.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Next

Return to Politics