Metcalf: Guns & Ammo

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Metcalf: Guns & Ammo

Postby IDPA Shooter on Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:18 am

Michael Bane on Metcalf being canned:

http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/

Paul Merkel wrote in Student of the Gun:

" Decade after decade, we are treated to just a bit more gun control, just a bit more restriction in the name of public safety. To argue against "public safety" makes you unreasonable and modern man fears that label. Individual liberty and freedom will not be killed by a single, decapitating blow, that would be far too obvious. Instead, the body of liberty is being slowly but very deliberately bled to death one tiny cut at time, the cuts being so small as almost not to be noticed. "

Michael Bane made these points:

We don't need a new dialog, a national discussion, a third way, a new beginning or common sense anything...we don't need "reasonable" — we need to hold the damn line against people who would happily load us into boxcars and send us east! We need to say no to the people who destroy our heritage, spit on the Constitution and unleash their thugs.

No compromise.

That clear enough?"

It clear to me and its why we can not negotiate with people like Obama, Biden, Feinstein, Paymar and Lutz. Their aim is clear and we must resist...
Bob Jahn NRA CRSO, IDPA 5 Gunner
USCCA Certified Training Counselor
NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun, Advanced Pistol Instructor
Massad Ayoob Group Instructor
Defense Training Intl (John Farnam) Instructor

http://www.rejfirearmstraining.com
IDPA Shooter

Postby DeanC on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:59 am

Buh bye Dick. I hope you recover from your apparent head injury and start writing common-sense things again. :cry:
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby grimbeaver on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:15 pm

"I thought it would generate a healthy exchange of ideas on gun rights."

I think a better written article could have done just that and though there would have been some uprising it would have been a lot better received. The issue is the article wasn't written with the correct tone to spur "a healthy exchange of ideas" rather it was written as a direct attack on the views that many hold. How he ever thought that would end well I have no idea.
grimbeaver

Previous

Return to Politics