CA confiscating legally purchased guns

Firearms related political discussion forum

CA confiscating legally purchased guns

Postby mecra on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:17 pm

http://downtrend.com/travis/california- ... ased-guns/

It's odd though that they didn't say why the man in the story was targeted though.

However, it pretty much does confirm that registration lists are nothing more than "We'll be back" lists for the police.
mecra

Re: CA confiscating legally purchased guns

Postby Thunder71 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:30 pm

That's California, what does that have to do with the US?
Thunder71

Postby Hmac on Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Thunder71 wrote:That's California, what does that have to do with the US?

We're only one potential election, or one set of political whims, or one mass shooting disaster away from being in the same boat. Ask anybody in Colorado.
Hmac

Postby Tronster on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:53 pm

This story presents everyone with a hard question: What if a bill gets passed here for a registration law for certain types of guns (such as all semi-autos must be registered with the state).
I see your choices being:

Comply and register them and try to reverse the law through the courts or politics - (and potentially lose your guns when they confiscate them later with no financial compensation)

Sell anything requiring registration - (you get you money back out of them, but lose out on using some or all of your guns)

Move out of state - (you get to keep your guns, but have the expense of finding a new job, house, etc.)

Keep them but not comply with registration - (and possibly end up in the big house for 20 years)
Tronster

Postby Uffdaphil on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:15 am

Tronster wrote:This story presents everyone with a hard question: What if a bill gets passed here for a registration law for certain types of guns (such as all semi-autos must be registered with the state).

Comply and register them and try to reverse the law through the courts or politics - (and potentially lose your guns when they confiscate them later with no financial compensation)

Sell anything requiring registration - (you get you money back out of them, but lose out on using some or all of your guns)

Move out of state - (you get to keep your guns, but have the expense of finding a new job, house, etc.)

Keep them but not comply with registration - (and possibly end up in the big house for 20 years)

You are forgetting the hard, but morally courageous choice the founders opted for -- risking lives, fortunes, and sacred honor.
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Postby Erud on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:30 am

Uffdaphil wrote:
Tronster wrote:This story presents everyone with a hard question: What if a bill gets passed here for a registration law for certain types of guns (such as all semi-autos must be registered with the state).

You are forgetting the hard, but morally courageous choice the founders opted for -- risking lives, fortunes, and sacred honor.

Which is the option everyone chooses on the internet, but few would actually choose in real life.
Erud

Postby photogpat on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:35 am

Can't remember where I heard it first, but:

When you have finally had enough, grab your rifle and run out into the street....if no one else is out there, its not time yet!
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Hmac on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:08 am

Erud wrote:
Uffdaphil wrote:

Which is the option everyone chooses on the internet, but few would actually choose in real life.

Also known as "talking the talk" but failing to "walk the walk".
Hmac

Postby jshuberg on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:07 pm

NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby ZardozCZ on Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:00 pm

Maybe the NWO will give Bomer Oahu for stripping Cali and NewY of their 2nd amendment?
ZardozCZ

Postby Deputyhiro on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:08 pm

duplicate
Last edited by Deputyhiro on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.
Deputyhiro

Postby Deputyhiro on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:08 pm

Uffdaphil wrote:

This.

Only problem is, anyone who tries gets squashed immediately and labeled a nut, and the sheep go back to grazing. I have said many times that the only way to end the tyranny in washington will be a second revolution.
The tree of liberty shall be watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants from time to time.
It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.
Deputyhiro

Postby ericinmn1970 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:02 pm

Deputyhiro wrote:
Uffdaphil wrote:

This.

Only problem is, anyone who tries gets squashed immediately and labeled a nut, and the sheep go back to grazing. I have said many times that the only way to end the tyranny in washington will be a second revolution.
The tree of liberty shall be watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants from time to time.

I too don't see "the next revolution" being started by lone individuals for that reason. Lone citizens or small groups are too easily labeled as whackos by the liberal media and social media outlets. If there is to be a next revolution and that is a very big if. I feel pretty certain the "spark" will start down south. Most certainly won't start here in MN. A secession movement in one or two southern states will rapidly pick up some serious following in response to some form of ridiculous, overreaching federal legislation. Maybe it'll be gun law related, maybe a massive tax hike meant to try and stabilize the dollar or just to keep big government big and bloated, or something else entirely. You'll see people in other states demanding their politicians to follow suit of the rebellious states, or mass exoduses of citizens from the compliant states that are all too willing to abide by federal rule. The next revolution will have to kicked off by political leaders with the assistance of upper level military commanders. Personally, I hope it never comes to that! I still have some, possibly naïve hope, that the people of this country have finally had their fill of big government.
"The man who lies asleep will never waken fame, and his desire and all his life drift past him like a dream, and the traces of his memory fade from time like smoke in air, or ripples on a stream." -Dante Alighieri
ericinmn1970

Postby Vikingsfan93 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:46 pm

Nice post, you are on to something in my opinion. I am starting to think that I will need to move to a more free state down south at some point in the not too distant future.
Vikingsfan93

Postby Vikingsfan93 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:46 pm

Nice post, you are on to something in my opinion. I am starting to think that I will need to move to a more free state down south at some point in the not too distant future.
Vikingsfan93

Next

Return to Politics