Troy Buchholtz's position, district 47A

Firearms related political discussion forum

Troy Buchholtz's position, district 47A

Postby tt3 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:45 am

I sent a question about his position on the 2A and got this reply:
Very simply, the constitution guarantees our right to carry and own any gun made without limitation. I believe that whole heartedly and will stand on it. I grew up in North Dakota and believe this to be a main point in the constitution and the framers. It was not intended to protect hunter's rights, but rather allow citizens to protect themselves from their own government in the event that was ever needed. People cannot do this with laws that fetter and control their rights.
I also believe strongly in the castle laws and a person's right to defend themselves anytime they feel threatened with any force they feel necessary. People should always be able to defend themselves and their families against the criminal element without fear of government reprisal.

Please check my positions on Nation issues and you will find this clearly outlined.
If you agree with my positions, I would love to put a sign in your yard. Also, I can only win if the word gets out, so please feel free to give my website and phone to anyone who needs it.

http://www.2muchtax.com

Thanks.
xxx-xxx-xxxx

Troy

(Phone number redacted.)
What better way to spread the word than here.

From his site:
The Second Amendment

This amendment was put in place after the Revolutionary War so that our government would never get in a position to oppress its people with the military. There was no limit to the type of gun one could own. The Founders wanted the average person to have the capability to fend off our own government and military if needed. Guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens should not be the concern of government, while keeping them out of the hands of criminals should be. We should never confuse the two and never use a criminal argument to keep guns out of the possession of law-abiding citizens for that is unconstitutional.

tt3

Re: Troy Buchholtz's position, district 47A

Postby TC95GT on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:46 pm

Agree or not (I happen to agree) it's good to see a politician with a straight forward and concise position on an issue.
"It is not enough to just obey Big Brother, you must love him, too." 1984 by George Orwell
TC95GT

Re: Troy Buchholtz's position, district 47A

Postby David on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:19 pm

I like his platform. The last person to run against his opponent two years ago was pretty negative, and he got squashed in a big way. Dittrich is pretty popular in 47A.
David

Return to Politics